MAJOR score at the record store today!!

Guest Rocco Papa

Guest Rocco Papa

So, I was out today browsing at this local record store. They sell used vinyl, cds, cassettes, etc. And I came across this promo vinyl of Secret. It didn't have a price on it, so I asked the cashier how much it was, and she told me it was... wait for it... one dollar. That's right. ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!! I was so ecstatic!! What a steal!

fpcwpd.jpgx5b13o.jpg

I seriously love record stores. It's so much more special than shopping online. There's nothing like going into a record store not knowing what to expect and finding such a treasure!! Let's hope they stick around and don't all disappear.

My recent vinyl finds were B-52's Cosmic Thing and OST Earth Girls Are Easy :lol:

But I know how you feel, back during the summer i came across a promo vinyl for the LDLHA remixes, IN THE DOLLAR BIN!!!!! Of course I bought it!

Awesome find.

Aaah I miss the days of trawling through record stores looking for Madonna stuff.

Me too! Now it's so easy for people, they surf through the net, pay and that's all. Back then you had to look for, and only those who were persistent really found gems!

Yesterday I went to a record store and stumbled upon Starsailor's second album "Silence Is Easy" on vinyl, it was only £15... this normally goes online for £60+ as it's been out of print for a decade. I asked to see the condition and it was mint so I bought it! STEAL!!! Love it when record stores don't know the value of their collection.

That's definitely a good deal. Use to own a very large vinyl collection until had to sell part of it for financial reasons. Mostly brought online, but very lucky there still are some great record shops in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and supposedly Jersey too.

So, I was out today browsing at this local record store. They sell used vinyl, cds, cassettes, etc. And I came across this promo vinyl of Secret. It didn't have a price on it, so I asked the cashier how much it was, and she told me it was... wait for it... one dollar. That's right. ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!! I was so ecstatic!! What a steal!

fpcwpd.jpgx5b13o.jpg

I seriously love record stores. It's so much more special than shopping online. There's nothing like going into a record store not knowing what to expect and finding such a treasure!! Let's hope they stick around and don't all disappear.

There's a giant second hand record store, Boulinier in Paris bd St Michel where you can buy vinyls for 1€ and i used to to go there to buy nice ones with great covers to give the host when i was invited for diner since it lasts longer than fllowers and it's awkward to give flowers to guys. Once, 3 years ago, i was skipping through the vinyls to find a nice one to give and there was a 12" of Gambler, the extended version for 1€, i grabbed it and held it in shock. I was sure it was a mistake but it was indeed 1€ and it is in mint condition. A lucky day.

Another time i bought there a rare cd single of Dj Hell for a close Dj friend, he had been looking for it for a long time and i was glad to give it to him that night as he was mixing at le Point Ephemère, kind of an alternative spot and inside they had put a cd of a terrible french singer (Laam) instead. He did not check and played it. It was maybe the first time and the last time she was heard there. He was furious but we still laugh about it.

That's definitely a good deal. Use to own a very large vinyl collection until had to sell part of it for financial reasons. Mostly brought online, but very lucky there still are some great record shops in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and supposedly Jersey too.

lol no, they are gone, well, the ones I knew of by me. There used to be 10 around where I live. I used to love looking, but there was usually a lot of unofficial stuff and bootlegs. Those I found annoying by the packaging, like "Madonna live Vogue Tour" with a WTG image on it- and it was GS from HBO audio. In other words, official stuff repackaged horribly and resold. I used to not trust the "rare" items. The only interesting thing I bought was GS in Philadelphia. It wasn't the greatest recording, but it was interesting to see how the show looked without the editing don eon it, and see the full uninterrupted dance routines.

I used to love bootlegs... They gave me LIFE !!! But only when it was unofficial releasing with good audio quality. I remember, once, I bought a BAT live cd and the sound quality was so low, all you heard was a fucking fan screaming, singing and crying like a queen. What a letdown!!!! :lol:

Guest Rocco Papa

I used to love bootlegs... They gave me LIFE !!! But only when it was unofficial releasing with good audio quality. I remember, once, I bought a BAT live cd and the sound quality was so low, all you heard was a fucking fan screaming, singing and crying like a queen. What a letdown!!!! :lol:

I saw a bootleg double-CD of the Who's That Girl Tour while I was shopping there. The title was Cheap Popcorn and it had a cover from the Express Yourself video. Here it is on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cheap-Popcorn-Leather-Lace-Madonna/dp/B008UZ22CG

I didn't get it, because it was kind of expensive and I wasn't sure about quality.