Stunning Breadth and Quality of Catalog

Shane

Today on a road trip, I listened to Celebration, both discs. As these songs that I've listened to hundreds of times in my life poured out of the speakers, I was overwhelmed by the fact that one artist has put out so many songs that are flawless. One by one, these classic gems assaulted me with their sheer pop brilliance. And this is just a SINGLES collection to say nothing of her album tracks.

It's amazing how well the 80s songs have aged; timeless, plain and simple. It's amazing how the 90s work sits alongside it, equally perfect. It's amazing that the strength of her songs is such that even the two or three non-hits like Hollywood and Miles Away can take pride of place and are elevated to hit status.

This is the greatest two disc collection in the history of pop music. And that's WITHOUT Angel, True Blue, Causing A Commotion, Keep It Together, Deeper and Deeper, Rain, I'll Remember, and The Power of Goodbye, as well as an actual number one in This Used To Be My Playground.

Best body of work by any musician, ever.

I can only think of a maybe half dozen artists who've managed to craft a body of work like Madonna's,so many of her singles are bone fide pop classics. I've put together my own definitive collection of her her songs on Spotify,I put 43 of her tracks on there!! All of them hits!! She has the best pop catalogue by any female artist in music history!!

Agreed, agreed, agreed! She is amazing - and for me, it has ALWAYS been about the MUSIC!

Today on a road trip, I listened to Celebration, both discs. As these songs that I've listened to hundreds of times in my life poured out of the speakers, I was overwhelmed by the fact that one artist has put out so many songs that are flawless. One by one, these classic gems assaulted me with their sheer pop brilliance. And this is just a SINGLES collection to say nothing of her album tracks.

It's amazing how well the 80s songs have aged; timeless, plain and simple. It's amazing how the 90s work sits alongside it, equally perfect. It's amazing that the strength of her songs is such that even the two or three non-hits like Hollywood and Miles Away can take pride of place and are elevated to hit status.

This is the greatest two disc collection in the history of pop music. And that's WITHOUT Angel, True Blue, Causing A Commotion, Keep It Together, Deeper and Deeper, Rain, I'll Remember, and The Power of Goodbye, as well as an actual number one in This Used To Be My Playground.

Best body of work by any musician, ever.

Completely agree!! It doesn't matter what decade was your favorite, every one since the 1980's is full of brilliant music from beginning to end. She blows my mind.