Papa Don't Preach Video: A Masterpiece

Shane

I love it. :inlove: I adore everything about it. In theory the video seems so simple yet it's so intriguing and perfected. The dancing is intricate but looks so effortless. All the shots are beautiful, and her stair climbing is just... rhythmatic! I just love the everyday normalcy of the video.

The Twin Towers in the distance during many of the shots I love too. So poignant now.

madonna-papa-dont-preach-video-cap-0003.

I'll never forget seeing this video for the first time.

Her dance routine was amazing. I remember being in gym class and my friends and I were practicing the dance routine.

We got it down.

The gym teacher said we needed to try out for cheerleading. We just laughed. We politely declined. We didn't want to have anything to do with cheerleading.

Anyway,

I was 16. I remember thinking, she's making huge statement here. She was much older in the video, but I felt teenagers could relate to it significantly. At the time I had a couple friends who were already having sex. I wasn't, and neither was another friend of mine.

The four of us talked about this video all the time. It effected us. It made a statement to us. I remember telling them they need to be careful. Me, the 16 year old virgin - they told me not to preach. LOL. They weren't stupid, they were careful.

That video made us be careful. It sent us an appropriate message. My mom thought so too. Oh god, the first "mother/daughter sex talk" with my mom was excruciating. She thought I may had been doing it. I was like, "no, fuck mom, I'm a virgin". We watched Papa Don't Preach together.

Madonna is great influence! It's that simple.

Ha ha ha ha ha, fast forward to when I was 19. When I was doing it. Our "mother/daughter sex talks" changed a lot!

The first time I saw this .. it blew me away . At that point I've never seen any video shot with such movie-like narrative before ( apart from Thriller ) .

Her look . Her walk . Her dance moves . Everything about it was just so fresh and new.

I never realized about her boobs showing until i read it somewhere online in the late 90's, nobody noticed over here lol and that video was played non stop back then

• 2 weeks later...