If Deluxe Versions of M Albums Were To Be Released...

tasteinmen

If Madonna's albums went through the deluxe / remastered treatment, what do you think the additional track lists could be, or what would you want from them?

Obviously the bonus tracks on the first 3 reissues were disappointing, and I hope they all get a proper deluxe treatment.

For Erotica I would love to see some like this:

Tracks 1-13: Main album

14 - Justify My Love

15 - Rescue Me

16 - This Used to Be My Playground

17 - The Beast Within

Disc 2: (In no particular order)

Dear Father

You Are the One

Shame

Goodbye to Innocence

Get Over

Actions Speak Louder Than Words (Demo)

Thief of Hearts (Demo)

Erotica (Demo)

More demos and a selection of the best remixes including single / video versions (Fever Edit One).

Disc 3 - DVD

Official music videos

TV performances.

Nowadays, with so much leaked and all that, i'm more into remastered and 16:9 version of all her videos and most important performances. I'm sick of watching that blurred EY MTV performance, for example. I want it in full glory. And i want all the vids 16:9 and perfect and beautiful. At least on her YouTube channel.

They would never put "Justify My Love" or "This Used to Be My Playground" on Erotica. They don't belong on there especially JML which was released two years prior. It's not part of the album sessions at all.

I don't think Madonna is interested in bonus material at this point and while Warners can cash in, I doubt they'll do much while she's alive. It's the posthumous releases that usually exploit unreleased material, compilations overload etc.

Guest Rocco Papa

Like a Prayer needs to be remastered. I never understood why Warner Bros just stopped at True Blue. It never made sense to me. I think they should've remastered that album and included some bonus tracks. Maybe 2 of Shep's remixes of Like a Prayer and Express Yourself. Supernatural would be a nice addition too, since it was a b-side. A new, expanded booklet with more pics from that fabulous Herb Ritts shoot would be great too!

They would never put "Justify My Love" or "This Used to Be My Playground" on Erotica. They don't belong on there especially JML which was released two years prior. It's not part of the album sessions at all.

I don't think Madonna is interested in bonus material at this point and while Warners can cash in, I doubt they'll do much while she's alive. It's the posthumous releases that usually exploit unreleased material, compilations overload etc.

Many deluxe versions of albums feature non-album singles from greatest hits albums etc, they just tag them onto the closest album era, so I personally wouldn't be surprised.

I was surprised TUTBMP wasn't included on Erotica. I thought it was going to be like LTT being on TB. I think it fits at the end of the album after Secret Garden. I also was surprised I'll Remember wasn't on Bedtime. I felt like it fit after Inside of Me. I was glad when DAD was included on American Life.

Guest Rocco Papa

I was surprised TUTBMP wasn't included on Erotica. I thought it was going to be like LTT being on TB. I think it fits at the end of the album after Secret Garden. I also was surprised I'll Remember wasn't on Bedtime. I felt like it fit after Inside of Me. I was glad when DAD was included on American Life.

I think LTT and DAD both fit the albums they were included on. Whereas, TUTBMP and I'll Remember would've (in my opinion) felt out of place on Erotica and Bedtime Stories. Those songs were very pop, whereas both albums were more hip-hop/R&B.

Like a Prayer needs to be remastered. I never understood why Warner Bros just stopped at True Blue. It never made sense to me. I think they should've remastered that album and included some bonus tracks. Maybe 2 of Shep's remixes of Like a Prayer and Express Yourself. Supernatural would be a nice addition too, since it was a b-side. A new, expanded booklet with more pics from that fabulous Herb Ritts shoot would be great too!

This would have been heaven. They should repackage it with the B.A tour like Sony did with Michael Jackson's "Bad tour" for "Bad 25", that would be fantastic. It's a shame because LAP is in desperate need of a remaster but I don't think we're going to get it. Prince's album's were supposed to be remastered a few years back but we're still waiting, so I don't know what happened there.

Two of my favorite bands (Duran Duran and Depeche Mode) have released amazing reissues of their older albums which included a lot of bonus tracks and videos of their TV performances.

Just really disappointed and frustrated with M legendary status, she has never reissued any of her eighties and nineties albums after True Blue. Would love to somehow have her promo and performances from a particular era added on as a bonus with a reissue.

So many less popular artists do it and it's not an issue and makes some fans very happy!

Two of my favorite bands (Duran Duran and Depeche Mode) have released amazing reissues of their older albums which included a lot of bonus tracks and videos of their TV performances.

Just really disappointed and frustrated with M legendary status, she has never reissued any of her eighties and nineties albums after True Blue. Would love to somehow have her promo and performances from a particular era added on as a bonus with a reissue.

So many less popular artists do it and it's not an issue and makes some fans very happy!

Yes I have all the Depeche Mode reissues, I love them, and again, they included non-album singles on the closest studio album era, e.g. Shake the Disease = Black Celebration, Only When I Lose Myself = Ultra. Wish Madonna would do this!

A mistery of life. That's one of the reasons why Guy should go for good.

I'd like to see what they did with Pet Shop Boys albums.

Cd2 contained demos & unreleased tracks from 'that' particular album.

Would've been nice to have a remastered Like A Virgin album which included Groove, Gambler & Crazy For You

I think LTT and DAD both fit the albums they were included on. Whereas, TUTBMP and I'll Remember would've (in my opinion) felt out of place on Erotica and Bedtime Stories. Those songs were very pop, whereas both albums were more hip-hop/R&B.

I found them fitting in. When I first heard Bad Girl, it reminded me of TUTBMP, and so did In This Life, so I figured she didn't want too many songs sounding too similar. When I made the Erotica tape, I used to put Playground at the end of it, so I was actually used to it, and I consider it a part of Erotica. IR does sound more different than BTS songs, but all of her albums have one or two songs that are different than the rest. Perhaps, if they were remixed to sound more like the album sounds, they can fit (more to how you describe), but that can also leave a few mislead when they listen and hear a different sounding song than what was expected. I favored the Guerilla mix to IR, anyway, and I was playing that more often at the time. Then we do have the case of American Pie showing up on Music on the non-US albums, which used to bewilder me. It was American Pie, but America didn't get that song.

Edited by Willie

When 'Confessions' first came out and absolutely ruled my brain, I kept thinking because the production is so gorgeous, it would have been amazing to have an extended version of the album as a second edition, almost like 12" mixes, with some amazing breakdowns in the music, some extra vocals even, and sure, some full on mixes.

I think a fan made some extended mixes of the songs back then and it was cool to hear... Anyway, I believe this would have been another cool edition of the album to buy.

I think Justify My love, the beast within, justify my love remixes, Get over & rescue me should be on the remastered Immaculate Collection with longer cuts of the complitaion tracks (they exist).

Just a cd won't do because they don't sell anymore. Mini boxes with original albums remastered, bonus album of demos, unreleased tracks and alternative versions plus an album of the album's singles remixes and as much pics from the album's era would be a better choice.

When 'Confessions' first came out and absolutely ruled my brain, I kept thinking because the production is so gorgeous, it would have been amazing to have an extended version of the album as a second edition, almost like 12" mixes, with some amazing breakdowns in the music, some extra vocals even, and sure, some full on mixes.

I think a fan made some extended mixes of the songs back then and it was cool to hear... Anyway, I believe this would have been another cool edition of the album to buy.

We have the Extended Version of Jump in the maxi single so extended mixes of each song must exist.

Because I know we'll get nothing, I'm setting my sights low: remastered Like A Prayer, for God's sake please. Erotica could use the treatment too, but LAP is a must. Everything Bedtime Stories and on is passable, but LAP doesn't deserve to go unremastered.

Yes.

The Hung Up Dub is amaze and Jump Extended. :wow:

Guest Rocco Papa

I want LAP with the original album + Supernatural on Disc 1 and the Remixed Prayers EP on Disc 2.

That would be perfect! A super deluxe edition with a Disc 3 of demos/outtakes and Disc 4 of the Blond Ambition Tour on DVD would be even better! We can dream.

That would be perfect! A super deluxe edition with a Disc 3 of demos/outtakes and Disc 4 of the Blond Ambition Tour on DVD would be even better! We can dream.

I've lost hope for the BA DVD at this point. I'll be truly shocked if we ever get it!

I've lost hope for the BA DVD at this point. I'll be truly shocked if we ever get it!

How the BA tour has not been released (properly) is truly mystifying. It's one of the most groundbreaking, influential and iconic tours ever by any artist. Releasing it would be a great reminder to everyone that Madonna is the premiere, absolute best live entertainer EVER. Sorry Michael.

How the BA tour has not been released (properly) is truly mystifying. It's one of the most groundbreaking, influential and iconic tours ever by any artist. Releasing it would be a great reminder to everyone that Madonna is the premiere, absolute best live entertainer EVER. Sorry Michael.

I don't get it either. I mean, I don't think anyone owns a laser disc player now, so it's not like that company is going to lose money over a dvd release. I always thought that was one of the reasons. Didn't TOD have something to do with some strange legal reasons? We also didn't get Reinvention...it seems like IGTTYAS and TOD prevented proper releases for these tours.

Oh- funny Micheal is mentioned. The other day I was curious about his tours, so I looked up how many tours he did. Surprisingly, he only did 3 tours as a solo artist. Even more curiously, I Youtubed these concerts. Since he is called "King Of Pop" I thought maybe his entrances will have been something like Madonna's. I was terribly disappointed in what I saw. I went through all three of his tours, and he had basically the same set list on the first two tours, and Thriller was basically done the same on all three tours. For some reason, I thought Madonna was inspired or influenced by Micheal, like maybe he did some of what she does. I am not saying this is a bad thing. I never was into Michael, but for a few songs and videos, but I was never curious enough to go beyond what i saw on MTV. I just assumed his concerts were like Madonna's. After seeing his performances, I wondered what his sister did, and she is closer to a performer as Madonna is than Michael is. This actually got me into a curiosity frenzy, and I looked at Christina, Britney, and still Madonna makes the best performances. I know i sound awful,because of course I am going to say that, being a Madonna fan, but I really watched with the intentions of not "who is the best", I was purely watching to see how other big acts put on concerts. It looks, to me, like after Blond Ambition, the other artists' concerts took that mold in a way.

I don't get it either. I mean, I don't think anyone owns a laser disc player now, so it's not like that company is going to lose money over a dvd release. I always thought that was one of the reasons. Didn't TOD have something to do with some strange legal reasons? We also didn't get Reinvention...it seems like IGTTYAS and TOD prevented proper releases for these tours.

Oh- funny Micheal is mentioned. The other day I was curious about his tours, so I looked up how many tours he did. Surprisingly, he only did 3 tours as a solo artist. Even more curiously, I Youtubed these concerts. Since he is called "King Of Pop" I thought maybe his entrances will have been something like Madonna's. I was terribly disappointed in what I saw. I went through all three of his tours, and he had basically the same set list on the first two tours, and Thriller was basically done the same on all three tours. For some reason, I thought Madonna was inspired or influenced by Micheal, like maybe he did some of what she does. I am not saying this is a bad thing. I never was into Michael, but for a few songs and videos, but I was never curious enough to go beyond what i saw on MTV. I just assumed his concerts were like Madonna's. After seeing his performances, I wondered what his sister did, and she is closer to a performer as Madonna is than Michael is. This actually got me into a curiosity frenzy, and I looked at Christina, Britney, and still Madonna makes the best performances. I know i sound awful,because of course I am going to say that, being a Madonna fan, but I really watched with the intentions of not "who is the best", I was purely watching to see how other big acts put on concerts. It looks, to me, like after Blond Ambition, the other artists' concerts took that mold in a way.

Michael live was a (very good) one trick pony.