Has Madonna helped you to age?

Shane

Just curious as to whether Madonna has inspired any of you to feel more comfortable about aging, or more secure in your sexual allure if you are what society would deem past your prime?

I feel like the world is my oyster due to Madonna's trailblazing and confidence.

Of course, im not there still, but im not a bit afraid. And i find people in their 50s attractive because of M (well at least i give them a chance :laugh: ).

Absolutely!!

She has always inspired me to want to do better for myself, especially taking good care of myself. I'm 37 years old and currently in the best shape of my life. She has always set a great example when it comes to living life to your fullest, no matter what your age may be. I hope I'm in as good of shape as she is in 20 years (and beyond)!!

But yes, I have no reservations about "getting older." I'm actually really looking forward to it. Aging is a gift, imho.

i'm 32 and she has def helped me feel more comfortable about getting older. madonna is pushing 60 and she is still sexy and healthy. and she has inspired me to work out and keep away from the sun :laugh:

she did

I know how to stay young. exercise and no sun and lots of sweat and water.

I may be boozing it up a little more than she does, but the rules still count. besides of the fact that I am a man. [men drink more right????]

In a way, yes, because I always knew I was going to age, and I never was afraid of aging. I used to look at my parents, and older people in the family to get an idea of what I might look like one day. For the ones who aged well, I used them as inspiration, too. I always knew eating right and exercising can help the aging process, along with good skin care. I never got into smoking, drinking, or drugs, so I know I won't get slapped in the face from their aging effects. The only thing I am sure will hit me one day is when I was obsessed with tanning for years. During that time, I did specific regimes to slow any damaging effects in the future, but seeing a lot of people older than me tanning actually gave me the warning signs. I don't think there is anything wrong with aging, because at some point, whether 20s, 40s, 60s, etc... it's going to happen. Wrinkles and sagging skin are part of life. I do think it is smart to be as healthy as possible, and to age as slowly as possible, and to see the beauty in it.

I have gotten comments over the years, because of the way I dress and do hair that I might be "a bit old" for wearing such colorful styles. When I was going through the teens, "they" said it was just a phase....20's "they" said i was rebelling, 30's "they" said I am a bit old for this nonsense....40's -well the "they" have changed. Some of the "theys" are no longer around. Other "theys" I don't pay attention to/not associated with any more. I dealt with enough rejection to know "they" never mattered. I have one person who really matters besides me, and I am loved for who I am- the best guy in the universe I get to be with <3 and even we had ageist remarks as he is 20 and I am 42, but really, age does not matter------ever.

Madonna has definitely been a good inspiration and role model on how to take care of your health as well as your appearance. It's fantastic to see how she continues to be driven and goal oriented even though she's getting older.

Nope but she has help me to realize that age is nothing but a number,one of the many boxes society uses to keep you confined. I'm not a fucking number i will never live my life according to what others think i should do or behave like. If you are a Madonna fan an you don't get this by now you are an idiot. Age?! Fuck off!

Just curious as to whether Madonna has inspired any of you to feel more comfortable about aging, or more secure in your sexual allure. if you are what society would deem past your prime?

YES!

I'm going to be 45 in 10 days. I am, in no way shape or form, past my prime.

Absolutely. I'm nearing 50 but I feel young both emotionally and creatively, and she's definitely played a part in that. About the second question, I don't really know how to answer it. I just don't think about it.

Nice to know an older member on the forum. We've had talks before. You're a nice guy.

Somehow yes. But not in terms of looks or body, but in terms of mind. It's incredibly inspiring to watch her passion in new projects, it makes you realize that you can be in your late 50s and still being strong and making plans. It's difficult to explain, but it helps me!!!!

Not consciously. I feel as if I live on the same planet as her so to speak. I don't think about things that don't matter until society reminds me of the script. I think that happens a lot with Madonna. She forgets where she is.

I am still me no what physical changes come about and will always be me.

• 1 month later...

In a way yes. When I was in my early 20s I used to dread turning 30, but now I'm 29, and I think of where Madonna was at this point in her life... releasing Who's That Girl, that's only 5 years into her career! And what follows for the next 28 years is pure magic and beauty. I no longer dread getting older.

YES!

I'm going to be 45 in 10 days. I am, in no way shape or form, past my prime.

I'm 47, and have always looked to Madonna as an 'age barometer'. When I feel old, I have to remind myself that Madonna is 10 years older!!! And she looks amazing, right?!

I turned 49 a week ago and I finally recieved the long awaited message "you look good for your age" for the first time. My first thought was "what would Madonna say?" so my reply was "Thanks. Why so surprised? Did you expect me to be fat, bald and half-dead?" :-))

I turned 49 a week ago and I finally recieved the long awaited message "you look good for your age" for the first time. My first thought was "what would Madonna say?" so my reply was "Thanks. Why so surprised? Did you expect me to be fat, bald and half-dead?" :-))

Yeah, no shit. I get that a lot. It's like people expect you to look like complete shit once you've reached 40. I look better now that I've ever had. I still get asked for ID every time I order a drink. And, I'm in better shape than I've ever been. Muscles only get bigger, folks. I love being 45.

Good for you! Gone are the days of looking like the dressing-gown/slippered/Frank Sinatra-loving man that used to represent 40+ men of days gone by.

Definitely! Growing up I thought I would be married and starting a family by my mid-twenties. When I got into Madonna and saw what she was doing and accomplishing at a particular age, it made me change my whole perspective on aging. Now I see myself enjoying my life and not worrying about where I "should" be at, at my age, and knowing that slowly but surely and with hard work I will have everything I ever dreamed of one day. :laugh: