We NEED to talk about Demo 4 of HEARTBREAKCITY

ryan

https://soundcloud.com/madmusiclover/heartbreak-city-demo-4

I know I know. The demo talk is so redundant, ever since it first started almost 11 months ago. And yeah, there's already a thread for Heartbreakcity. But I feel like this demo deserves a thread of it's own.

Epic is such an overused word, but it perfectly describes this demo to a t. The added horns and long opening gives the song so much more emotion than it already did. I love it. It's so fucking powerful. I was in awe over it when I first heard it over a week ago. And to think that this was only demo 4, so close to being the final version!

This demo can NOT go unnoticed. I demand everyone to listen to it. You NEED to hear it. https://soundcloud.com/madmusiclover/heartbreak-city-demo-4

Not only does the horns and long opening add more to the song, but so does the alternate lyrics.

"I let you in my kingdom house, and helped yourself to everything, and left me with this your mess."

:wow:

There's so many themes throughout Rebel Heart, but one that sticks out is this Royalty/Fallen Queen theme. It's everywhere, even in the demos.

Heartbreakcity = "You said I was your Queen..."

Heaven = "Our beautiful kingdom, Once was a paradise we reigned. You took my crown, I brought you down, We’re both to blame."

Messiah = "I'll be your Queen, safe in your arms."

Queen = (self explanatory)

And then there's little things:

Living For Love = "Picked up my crown, put it back on my head..."

Two Steps Behind Me = "It's an ugly look princess, what are you all about."

I do love that she explored it in the visuals for the album artwork, as these two images are my favs from the album shoot.

8-Madonna-Rebel_Heart.jpg7586643-11712939.jpg?v=1426758171

It would have been awesome to get a music video with this look and theme. Maybe one day.

Anyways. I just find this demo to be very beautiful and compelling. I'm not gonna say anything about it being more deserving to be on the album than the released version.

Never heard this one! My favourite is demo 3. Love the way it builds durning the 2nd verse. This demo doesn't sit with me tho... Doesn't seem to go anywhere and kingdom does weird... Probably because I'm used to house tho.

Never heard this one! My favourite is demo 3. Love the way it builds durning the 2nd verse. This demo doesn't sit with me tho... Doesn't seem to go anywhere and kingdom does weird... Probably because I'm used to house tho.

Yes! The 2nd verse of demo 3 is so intense! This new demo has an interesting approach, but doesn't really go anywhere.

I thought this was one of the fake demo versions? The chord progression doesn't uneven fit the melody so no thx.

How can you say it's fake if the lyrics are not the same?

Guest eroticerotic

I like the intro,

I too made a note that there was a running theme of the queen/royalty :) i never questioned it bc that is how i see her haha :p

it's a good theme for her

I really enjoy this version. The marching band production makes it more dramatic and accentuates the 'fallen queen' theme. I love how you can hear soldiers marching in the final chorus.