billiejean

Adele thread

776 posts in this topic

Can't wait to hear this - sounds intriguing, love the album cover and her note is very sweet

Will Adele have to up her game because Elton John and Kylie are releasing songs at the same time? Those with Kylie and Jake, shes gonna flop.

Gaga fans are already shitting on it. They're saying the cover is a "Mess".

Hilarious considering they loved these...

51jRKso8RxL._AA160_.jpg

611WfMegwgL._AA160_.jpg

:lmao:

:dead:

SONG LEAKED!!!!!!!

Oh no that 30 sec clip sounds/reeks from a safe snooze-fest, same old same old. ;/ Not feeling it. Snorah Jones by the next album, Woulda looved a song like Chasing Payments (classic, true Adele sound). Looks like the US corporate music biz vultures swarmed onto her :(.

Her new song sounds so meh.

Too dark and depressing.

Cant stand it.

barely beat me to it! lol.

I was ready to hate it but I love it lol. And I can't believe she got Xavier Dolan to direct the video

OMG!!!! :drama:

:drama:

:drama:

Slaydele is here again!!

Andre Williams 6 minutes ago

Adele: Hello
Justin: Sorry, my album has been delayed until 2017
Ariana: My new single Focus will now be released Oct. 30th 2016
One Direction: Made In The Am was also made for 2017
Taylor: Luckily I released 1989 ahead of time. Thank you.
Rihanna: I no longer have a career...

I read everywhere that the song is amazing...the best thing she has done...I like it...but it's a little generic and predictable...I find some ballads in RH much better....heartbreak city for example....she is the new celine dion...great voice...but boring music..I don't understand the taste of general pubblic sometimes

I've just watched the video and I have to say she's exceeded my expectations. I can't get enough of it.

and can we just mention how gorgeous she looks?

This is going to be my most played album of the year....I just know it.

The song and the music video are wonderful and definitely exceeded my expectations. That video is so gorgeous.

I've just watched the video and I have to say she's exceeded my expectations. I can't get enough of it.

and can we just mention how gorgeous she looks?

This is going to be my most played album of the year....I just know it.

yes! Yes! Yes! :clap:

The song is very good, the vocals are very good, but it's just a typical ballad. Adele's masterstroke was Rolling In The Deep, so I still wait for a brilliant uptempo track.

This song will be number one in a zillion countries, but it sounds like some One Republic song, sorry.

the vid is cute, though. Love the retro things in the house and that she walks looking at the distance in a romantic way. Nice coat too.

This sounds bit 'Adele by numbers' for me. I'm inclined to agree with Damon Albarn's MOR comment. And the lyrics are little more than a litany of cliches:

'Running out of time'

'California dreaming',

'a thousand times',

'tear you apart',

'breaking your heart'

'It don't matter'

5/10

I thought it would be a let down due to the expectations so I prepared myself for the world to gang up on her today. Its powerful but not overdone. She knows what shes doing doesnt she?! I dont like the video, she looks lovely but her boyfriend talking over the music takes away the heart of some of the song.

Welcome back, I still feel nervous for her, imagine how she feels? No wonder she went into hiding. A smooth silky 8/10. :)

Vocally it's amazing. But it's not a catchy melody at all. It's just a big ballad with a big voice. Not something people would listen to over and over again like her previous singles.