billiejean

Adele thread

776 posts in this topic

tumblr_lxz5517GTt1qfa2bxo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the very end.... Is right now Adele the only female "pop" artist selling????  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karbatal said:

So in the very end.... Is right now Adele the only female "pop" artist selling????  

 

And Toilet Swift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So this is it. After 15 months on the road and 18 months of 25 we are at the end. We have taken this tour across UK + Ireland, throughout Europe, all over America and I finally got to go to Australia and New Zealand too. Touring is a peculiar thing, it doesn't suit me particularly well. I'm a real homebody and I get so much joy in the small things. Plus I'm dramatic and have a terrible history of touring. Until now that is! I've done 119 shows and these last 4 will take me up to 123, it has been hard but an absolute thrill and pleasure to have done. I only ever did this tour for you and to hopefully have an impact on you the way that some of my favourite artists have had on me live. And I wanted my final shows to be in London because I don't know if I'll ever tour again and so I want my last time to be at home. Thank you for coming, for all of your ridiculous love and kindness. I will remember all of this for the rest of my life. Love you. Goodnight for now. Adele.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big lazy heifer done made her money, now she wanna quit while she's ahead.  I only wish some of those other "pop tarts" would follow suit!!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god for Madonna who keeps on touring through thick and thin. Many artists today have no stamina , they either give up or cancel. 

Its an artists job criteria to tour and give back to the fans imo. 

Home comforts, home body person is her excuse, what an insult to her fans but they so gullible. 

Rant over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Thank god for Madonna who keeps on touring through thick and thin. Many artists today have no stamina , they either give up or cancel. 

Its an artists job criteria to tour and give back to the fans imo. 

Home comforts, home body person is her excuse, what an insult to her fans but they so gullible. 

Rant over.

Another example of how standards have been lowered. Previously, a pop star had to be able to go on tour for each album and complete her tour. Do you believe that Celine did not finish her different tours in the 90's? The answer is no. It's called professionalism. When she lost her voice, she took a few days off and resumed the shows canceled later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Another example of how standards have been lowered. Previously, a pop star had to be able to go on tour for each album and complete her tour. Do you believe that Celine did not finish her different tours in the 90's? The answer is no. It's called professionalism. When she lost her voice, she took a few days off and resumed the shows canceled later.

She's 25! Celina, Madonna and other well established artists are way older than her and yet do world tours. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Another example of how standards have been lowered. Previously, a pop star had to be able to go on tour for each album and complete her tour. Do you believe that Celine did not finish her different tours in the 90's? The answer is no. It's called professionalism. When she lost her voice, she took a few days off and resumed the shows canceled later.

 Madonna, Celine, Cher, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Olivia Newton John - all professionals who toured regularly and all have gone through challenging times.  

Adele would have been far better just not saying anything.  If she does not like touring that is her choice and her right. Strange about her comment that she did it for her fans as if it was something special of her to do one tour.  I suppose she will be praised to high heaven again for being honest and down to earth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why get into the music industry if you don't want to tour?  It's part of the "business" (if not the biggest factor/income).  Again, just goes to show how lazy and unprofessional it has become.  Sad times, indeed.  Thank you, Madonna....for the years and years of resilience, commitment and professionalism.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, todsmod said:

Why get into the music industry if you don't want to tour?  It's part of the "business" (if not the biggest factor/income).  Again, just goes to show how lazy and unprofessional it has become.  Sad times, indeed.  Thank you, Madonna....for the years and years of resilience, commitment and professionalism.  

:clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

 

 Madonna, Celine, Cher, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Olivia Newton John - all professionals who toured regularly and all have gone through challenging times.  

Adele would have been far better just not saying anything.  If she does not like touring that is her choice and her right. Strange about her comment that she did it for her fans as if it was something special of her to do one tour.  I suppose she will be praised to high heaven again for being honest and down to earth.  

You know that's exactly what's going to happen. In this era of mediocrity, she will be presented as the saint who made this tour only out of love for her fans even though it was SO difficult for her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

You know that's exactly what's going to happen. In this era of mediocrity, she will be presented as the saint who made this tour only out of love for her fans even though it was SO difficult for her. 

I know. I saw how she was treated like a hero and described as being so brave for stopping performances half way through and starting again. She has done that several times. Also how she was raved about for saying Beyonce should have won the Grammy instead of her. 

Madonna gets pulled down by her cape and bangs her head but gets up and performs. Celine Dion carries on after the grief of losing her husband. Olivia has gone through cancer and it has now returned again but she is talking about resuming her tour after treatment. Tina Turner performed while being bashed and abused by her husband while touring. These are brave women who are incredible performers who performed under extreme stress but today's stars get praised for anything.  Adele seems like a lovely person but she is not brave or touring for fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know. I saw how she was treated like a hero and described as being so brave for stopping performances half way through and starting again. She has done that several times. Also how she was raved about for saying Beyonce should have won the Grammy instead of her. 

Madonna gets pulled down by her cape and bangs her head but gets up and performs. Celine Dion carries on after the grief of losing her husband. Olivia has gone through cancer and it has now returned again but she is talking about resuming her tour after treatment. Tina Turner performed while being bashed and abused by her husband while touring. These are brave women who are incredible performers who performed under extreme stress but today's stars get praised for anything.  Adele seems like a lovely person but she is not brave or touring for fans. 

IMG_0486.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with others! 

Make me appreciate more how Madonna always put on stellar tours even when she's having widely reported problems with Rocco or in the middle of adopting and nasty divorce....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know. I saw how she was treated like a hero and described as being so brave for stopping performances half way through and starting again. She has done that several times. Also how she was raved about for saying Beyonce should have won the Grammy instead of her. 

Madonna gets pulled down by her cape and bangs her head but gets up and performs. Celine Dion carries on after the grief of losing her husband. Olivia has gone through cancer and it has now returned again but she is talking about resuming her tour after treatment. Tina Turner performed while being bashed and abused by her husband while touring. These are brave women who are incredible performers who performed under extreme stress but today's stars get praised for anything.  Adele seems like a lovely person but she is not brave or touring for fans. 

 

7 hours ago, todsmod said:

Why get into the music industry if you don't want to tour?  It's part of the "business" (if not the biggest factor/income).  Again, just goes to show how lazy and unprofessional it has become.  Sad times, indeed.  Thank you, Madonna....for the years and years of resilience, commitment and professionalism.  

 

7 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Another example of how standards have been lowered. Previously, a pop star had to be able to go on tour for each album and complete her tour. Do you believe that Celine did not finish her different tours in the 90's? The answer is no. It's called professionalism. When she lost her voice, she took a few days off and resumed the shows canceled later.

 

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5689b8e12f63c62f5890b91aaa936c9/tumblr_ny0xww9AHh1td9nato1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, todsmod said:

Why get into the music industry if you don't want to tour?  It's part of the "business" (if not the biggest factor/income).  Again, just goes to show how lazy and unprofessional it has become.  Sad times, indeed.  Thank you, Madonna....for the years and years of resilience, commitment and professionalism.  

But M also cancelled as well her dates when she had throat ailments during BAT, DWT and MDNA.

Listen, if Adele felt or advised she had to cancel her last 2 tour dates because there might have been a chance that another polyp might remerge on her chords, then fine! Her label views her as a cash cow and she needs to take care of her voice so that she delivers another album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kilt said:

But M also cancelled as well her dates when she had throat ailments during BAT, DWT and MDNA.

Listen, if Adele felt or advised she had to cancel her last 2 tour dates because there might have been a chance that another polyp might remerge on her chords, then fine! Her label views her as a cash cow and she needs to take care of her voice so that she delivers another album.

Is it because she has throat problems? I thought it was clear it was more on the lines of she just doesn't like touring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kilt said:

But M also cancelled as well her dates when she had throat ailments during BAT, DWT and MDNA.

Listen, if Adele felt or advised she had to cancel her last 2 tour dates because there might have been a chance that another polyp might remerge on her chords, then fine! Her label views her as a cash cow and she needs to take care of her voice so that she delivers another album.

 

1 hour ago, Johnny Angel said:

Is it because she has throat problems? I thought it was clear it was more on the lines of she just doesn't like touring.

Yes read her statement, it was days before she cancelled those 2 dates. She's gonna stop touring cause she's a home body, that was her excuse, not her singing voice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

 

Yes read her statement, it was days before she cancelled those 2 dates. She's gonna stop touring cause she's a home body, that was her excuse, not her singing voice. 

http://ew.com/music/2017/06/30/adele-cancels-final-two-shows-tour-wembley-london-vocal-cord-damage/

The singer explained she had been struggling vocally the last two nights, writing, “I had to push a lot harder than I normally do. I felt like I constantly had to clear my throat, especially my vocal cords.” Adele went to visit her doctor and was told she had damaged her vocal cords and should not perform her final shows on July 1 and 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this forum, but there are times when people over here just rush and get so hyper-judgmental. I'm not an Adele fan, but seriously the woman sang her heart our for over an year and it's inevitable that she may have strung out her vocal chords. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's perfectly reasonable that, yes, she has worn out her already troublesome vocal chords. That being said, she has also made it clear (in previous interviews too, I believe) that touring isn't really her thing. She keeps saying this may be her only big tour (at least for a long while)...and has said she just isn't interested in being a lifelong touring act.

Does that mean she'll actually do that...who knows. Saying it could be your only/last tour is also a selling tactic...and who knows, maybe years from now she'll be convinced to do it again - for financial reasons (who knows how she will be with her money), from career/industry pressure, another big album/single success, etc.

But from her own words, doesn't seem like the kind of lifestyle she's interested in compared to established touring acts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adele doesn't have to tour if she doesn't want to. She doesn't care: her albums sell like hot cakes.

But the day she won't sell like that anymore, she won't have the choice. That's where the money is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the cheese burgers start running low she will be back with a new album and a tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now