billiejean

Adele thread

743 posts in this topic

the beyonce hype is really crazy when the BBC called Adele the trump of pop 

 

The big story at the 59th Grammy awards was Adele's victory over Beyonce in the best album category.

Most observers had expected Beyonce's Lemonade - a politically-charged opus that tackles themes of gender and black identity - to race home with the prize. 

But Adele swooped in and stole it from under her nose, making her very much the Donald Trump of pop.

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38953862

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Jonski, I did not know that. God, that makes it worse. I thought it was the right thing to do at the awards but if she has done it already a few times before, I find it unprofessional, self indulgent and false.  Can anyone imagine true stars from the past just stopping, swearing and starting again any time they felt like it. Also imagine superstars blabbing on about being undeserving of a Industry award and wanting to share it with another and crying about the other person not receiving it. Acknowledge and praise your fellow nominees by all means but her carry on was senseless. 

I agree, If anything it shows that she thinks a Grammy is something vital and important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insulting also for the other nominees...Also those people standing with her, writers, producers, mixers etc, GUSH over them you silly cow!! 

Like I said before, she would not have lasted or be praised if she started in the 80's and 90's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Insulting also for the other nominees...Also those people standing with her, writers, producers, mixers etc, GUSH over them you silly cow!! 

Like I said before, she would not have lasted or be praised if she started in the 80's and 90's. 

Yep, she belongs to this generation of mediocre unprofessional fucktards, functioning as laxative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article today where they compared Adele to bob Dylan for not wanting her award and describing it in a rocknroll sort of way, when Adele was just being a fan girl and ridiculous. the irony is that beyonce has 22 grammys and most people there do everything to get that award. I can't believe how some of the press gets it all wrong and can't see the obvious anymore. the whole thing was embarrassing and if it would've happened 20 years ago it would be seen as a joke.

adele liking gaga and beyonce shows the kind of person she is (middle of the road). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I just read Adele is judged because she likes Gaga???? :blink: :lmao:

This is so dumb! Let her love who she wants, wtf does it change to your life? Some people are so fucking jealous, this is just insane. 

Not sure if I should laugh or cry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Here in Perth, the hype of Adele is the biggest the city and country has seen (even bigger than Michadl Jacksons last visit)!! Public transport authorities had said its the biggest nightmare and biggest transport system they ever had to plan before with buses and trains coming every 5 min to cater to the crowd and the traffic is going to be full of people heading to the concert so we are told you get home early to avoid the madness.

 

Take that haters!!!! What do you think about this hype going on? If you don't like it, why does the public love it and why is she succeeding and why can't you stop her? 

  Come on now.   We are talking of Perth here.  Not the whole of Australia.  A lot of superstars don't go to Perth due to the logistics.  Taking equipment to Perth from other Australian cities is longer and harder than taking equipment from entire countries in Europe.  Not insulting Perth or Western Australia which is a beautiful place but the nearest highly populated city to Perth is Adelaide which is 2,104 kms away.   Adele is definitely a superstar but she is not the biggest star that has toured Australia.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, runa said:

Did I just read Adele is judged because she likes Gaga???? :blink: :lmao:

This is so dumb! Let her love who she wants, wtf does it change to your life? Some people are so fucking jealous, this is just insane. 

Not sure if I should laugh or cry. 

she can love whoever she wants. I said she's "one of those people" who like gaga, middle of the road, general people who just like her voice and a few pop songs. stop trying to make drama out of nothing. it's interesting how you focus on something so meaningless while you ignore the ridiculous BBC article where they compare Adele to trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

  Come on now.   We are talking of Perth here.  Not the whole of Australia.  A lot of superstars don't go to Perth due to the logistics.  Taking equipment to Perth from other Australian cities is longer and harder than taking equipment from entire countries in Europe.  Not insulting Perth or Western Australia which is a beautiful place but the nearest highly populated city to Perth is Adelaide which is 2,104 kms away.   Adele is definitely a superstar but she is not the biggest star that has toured Australia.  

I'm talking about OZ as a whole though. There's lots of buzz going on at the moment. Maybe I over-exaggerated a little bit. More buzz than the likes of Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Kylies KMO Tour to OZ. I was in Sydney the other day and everyone there was talking about the tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jitterbug said:

I'm talking about OZ as a whole though. There's lots of buzz going on at the moment. Maybe I over-exaggerated a little bit. More buzz than the likes of Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce to OZ. I was in Sydney the other day and everyone there was talking about the tour.

Yes, she is definitely a superstar of this generation.  Good luck to her even though I can't see the fuss but others love her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes, she is definitely a superstar of this generation.  Good luck to her even though I can't see the fuss but others love her. 

 

22 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

  Come on now.   We are talking of Perth here.  Not the whole of Australia.  A lot of superstars don't go to Perth due to the logistics.  Taking equipment to Perth from other Australian cities is longer and harder than taking equipment from entire countries in Europe.  Not insulting Perth or Western Australia which is a beautiful place but the nearest highly populated city to Perth is Adelaide which is 2,104 kms away.   Adele is definitely a superstar but she is not the biggest star that has toured Australia.  

I'm surprised Perth gets shows tbh especially about the fact we get more than Adelaide when Adelaide is much closer and easier despite venue being crappier and A LOT smaller population. The country is really eating up Adele at the moment. Sydney has lots of posters EVERY WHERE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes, she is definitely a superstar of this generation.  Good luck to her even though I can't see the fuss but others love her. 

Is it like Whitney's tour OZ during her peak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Is it like Whitney's tour OZ during her peak?

No, Adele's tour has much more hype and excitement than Whitney did.  She is actually closer to the hype of the Girlie Show but not as much and I am not just saying that as a Madonna fan.   Shame you never saw that, all of Australia went crazy for Madonna.  Was incredible and the most hype I have ever seen for a star coming here.  Also knew that Abba and the Beatles had unbelievable hype and don't laugh but also the Seekers who played to over 200 thousand at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne !  Still can't get my head around that one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

No, Adele's tour has much more hype and excitement than Whitney did.  She is actually closer to the hype of the Girlie Show but not as much and I am not just saying that as a Madonna fan.   Shame you never saw that, all of Australia went crazy for Madonna.  Was incredible and the most hype I have ever seen for a star coming here.  Also knew that Abba and the Beatles had unbelievable hype and don't laugh but also the Seekers who played to over 200 thousand at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne !  Still can't get my head around that one.  

Did Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour meet the buzz of Girlie Show? Oh and Girlie Show buzz surpassed Michael Jackson? O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jitterbug said:

Did Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour meet the buzz of Girlie Show?

No but different time and era.  Did not help that the tickets were so over priced ( people being charged $500 for seats up the back of the arenas )  but we don't want to get into that topic again.  The concerts were incredible though for those that went and amazing electric atmosphere.  Better than any concert I have ever seen. 

Back to Adele, I bet the press will fawn all over her.  It could be worse, it could be Ed Sheeran touring !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jazzyjan said:

No but different time and era.  Did not help that the tickets were so over priced ( people being charged $500 for seats up the back of the arenas )  but we don't want to get into that topic again.  The concerts were incredible though for those that went and amazing electric atmosphere.  Better than any concert I have ever seen. 

Back to Adele, I bet the press will fawn all over her.  It could be worse, it could be Ed Sheeran touring !  

I went to Rebel Heart (it was amazing) and all the buzz only kicked in the second she landed in OZ.

I really want to see Adele now but all the tickets are sold out now. Didn't care about it at first but now the hype makes me want to go just to feel like I'm a part of it all. Ed Sheeran, oh gosh, hate that vile stench with a passion. His last tour was pretty massive here to but not Adele big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

No, Adele's tour has much more hype and excitement than Whitney did.  She is actually closer to the hype of the Girlie Show but not as much and I am not just saying that as a Madonna fan.   Shame you never saw that, all of Australia went crazy for Madonna.  Was incredible and the most hype I have ever seen for a star coming here.  Also knew that Abba and the Beatles had unbelievable hype and don't laugh but also the Seekers who played to over 200 thousand at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne !  Still can't get my head around that one.  

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now