MadonnaNation.com Forums
billiejean

Adele thread

Barney    0

Oh god I was there that night, everybody cried what a show.

JR!    0

Album of the year
WINNER: 25, Adele
Lemonade, Beyoncé
PurposeJustin Bieber
Views, Drake
A Sailor’s Guide to EarthSturgill Simpson

Record of the year
WINNER: Hello, Adele
Formation, Beyoncé
7 YearsLukas Graham
WorkRihanna feat. Drake
Stressed OutTwenty One Pilots

Song of the year
Formation, Beyoncé
WINNER: Hello, Adele
I Took A Pill In Ibiza, Mike Posner
Love Yourself, Justin Bieber
7 Years, Lukas Graham

jjmor95    0

She deserves every award she gets. I prefer 25 over Lemonade.

I love her to pieces but she didn't deserve Album of the Year. Of the choices in that category, Beyoncé easily made the most interesting and complex. 

Nick    0

Did not like her George Michael tribute & I was hoping to enjoy it.☹️

Sometimes don't like her voice or style of singing. Congrats to her anyway for winning.....

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Did not like her George Michael tribute & I was hoping to enjoy it.☹️

Sometimes don't like her voice or style of singing. Congrats to her anyway for winning.....

what did she sing?

JR!    0
12 minutes ago, promise to try said:

what did she sing?

a very slow version of fast love

le smoking    0

I feel like she doesn't know what Fastlove is about and I thought it didn't fit at all but I was totally won over at the end

also she looks great with a tan !

Nick    0
7 minutes ago, JR! said:

Yep it was extremely different. 

loowee    0

Both 25 and Lemonade(except the film) are overrated and shouldn't have been nominated for album of the year.

Just now, JR! said:

moved by the tribute.Maybe the cover wasn´t the best, but I´m happy that she didn´t sing any of his 80´s songs...and the images behind her were marvellous, I´m really sad now.

Hopefully they will release a better version of this cover anytime this year...

Just now, le smoking said:

I feel like she doesn't know what Fastlove is about and I thought it didn't fit at all but I was totally won over at the end

also she looks great with a tan !

there are some parts of the song, I miss my baby and others, that fit in a tribute...and this is adele!!! of course she knows what fastlove is!

Jazzy Jan    0

Adele crawling and gushing to Beyonce was cringe worthy.    I know she has a good voice and seems like a fun nice person with good humour but the praise she gets is so over-done.   Everyone on social media is talking about how wonderful and brave she is for starting the song again but what is the big deal ?   Good for her but she was not attacked or injured, she simply wanted to start the song again.  I respect that but what on earth is heroic about it ? 

Just now, jazzyjan said:

Adele crawling and gushing to Beyonce was cringe worthy.    I know she has a good voice and seems like a fun nice person with good humour but the praise she gets is so over-done.   Everyone on social media is talking about how wonderful and brave she is for starting the song again but what is the big deal ?   Good for her but she was not attacked or injured, she simply wanted to start the song again.  I respect that but what on earth is heroic about it ? 

that you are in front of all the industry! and all the haters are ready to go against you because is live!

Jazzy Jan    0
6 minutes ago, promise to try said:

that you are in front of all the industry! and all the haters are ready to go against you because is live!

With all respect, when does Adele get haters ?   She is continually raved about and treated like royalty at all times by the media and industry.   I get that she wanted to start the song again and I do think that was the best thing to do but have seen that done many times.  

Just now, jazzyjan said:

With all respect, when does Adele get haters ?   She is continually raved about and treated like royalty at all times by the media and industry.   I get that she wanted to start the song again and I do think that was the best thing to do but have seen that done many times.  

:lmao:I guess she has haters too!! not as madonna, but yes!

le smoking    0

I'm sure the BeyHive are plotting to burn her house down and kidnap Blue Ivy as we speak

Jazzy Jan    0
2 minutes ago, promise to try said:

:lmao:I guess she has haters too!! not as madonna, but yes!

:lmao: Promise to try, I am just on a roll here !   Ha ha,   I am just perplexed at the over the top praise the likes of Adele, Beyonce, Gaga and Taylor always get.  I understand people liking or loving them, but they are treated as virtual heroes all the time by the media.  Still, that is life and have to get used to it. 

Just now, jazzyjan said:

:lmao: Promise to try, I am just on a roll here !   Ha ha,   I am just perplexed at the over the top praise the likes of Adele, Beyonce, Gaga and Taylor always get.  I understand people liking or loving them, but they are treated as virtual heroes all the time by the media.  Still, that is life and have to get used to it. 

because they are not dangerous.they don´t make anybody feel unconfortable.Unlike most of the artists that I love!!! (and I like beyonce and adele)

tuckeye    0

adele should now do a covers album of only celion dion

Dr Lecter    0

Oh I wasn't keen on her choice of FASTLOVE.

shebshould have done A Different Corner / Prayjng for Time something like that

or FREEEK

spotlight    0

I don't ever wanna hear thar version of FL AGAIN.

spotlight    0
3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Did she really say she wished Beyonce was her mother? My god how embarassing ... :lmao:

Yes. when she won album of the year. She said it.