billiejean

Adele thread

751 posts in this topic

I think Someone Like You is so boring.

Remember, the other 3 singles she released were far more upbeat; they were what sold the album IMO.

Someone Like You absolutely was the defining song on that album, aside from Rolling in the Deep. It continued to push the album to number one basically everywhere, way after Rolling in the Deep ran its course on the charts.

Where is the teaser? I need some Adele back in my life :drama:

wuhuu, let the depression season begin

I like it, sounds a bit like SIA, especially 'Alive' which makes sense since Adele co-wrote it.

Adele and Sia duet please! :drama:

Imagine if she flopped.

I know it won't happen but it would be great coz no one would expect it. :rotfl:

She won't flop. Of course some sillyl people will think that selling half the albums will be a flop, but it's impossible to have se same success as that 21 (or whatever was called)

She won't flop. Of course some sillyl people will think that selling half the albums will be a flop, but it's impossible to have se same success as that 21 (or whatever was called)

Yep, she's pretty much guaranteed to have the best selling album of the next 12 months but is highly unlikely to better 21's performance.

I don't think there'll be a backlash as such, but it will be harder to keep the same number of people interested if she's just treading the same path as before. Damon Albarn described the album as being 'very middle of the road', so it doesn't sound as if she's got too many surprises up her sleeve.

I think it will at least sell 10 million, a little more than what 1989 has currently sold worldwide.

Yep, she's pretty much guaranteed to have the best selling album of the next 12 months but is highly unlikely to better 21's performance.

I don't think there'll be a backlash as such, but it will be harder to keep the same number of people interested if she's just treading the same path as before. Damon Albarn described the album as being 'very middle of the road', so it doesn't sound as if she's got too many surprises up her sleeve.

He's just being an arsehole (as usual). Others have said it's fantastic, so i'd rather believe them than anything he says. Noel Gallagher said bitchy things about "21" too so these hasbeens are clearly just bitter about her success.

I think it will at least sell 10 million, a little more than what 1989 has currently sold worldwide.

Stick has sold 10 million? Reminds me that time when Shania sold like 20 million and nobody cared, hahahaha

Hide the Razors, Adull is back.

That preview clip DOES sound very middle of the road, I was expecting something extraordinary after all this wait

^ Gee Adele likes "wishing" a lot. She should get herself a wishing chair !

I do like Adele and she is great fun when interviewed. But have to say that blog reminds me of something Lady Gaga would write.

Yes, I don't really care for that blog. It's kind of pretentious. It doesn't tell you anything about the content or musical style of the album.

That preview clip DOES sound very middle of the road, I was expecting something extraordinary after all this wait

Yeah, I wasn't wowed by that clip and sounds like it could easily have come from 21, but will reserve judgement until I hear the whole song.

Dont you think the blog thing is the album notes?

Cant wait :)

Adele will premier the lead single on October 30.

Adele will premier the lead single on October 30.

Yaaaassssssss!!!

Woooooo!!! What label is she on? Any connections? Its gonna leak surely this close, lemme look.

Nowts going around, at least not today. No promos have been sent out.

I thought that was quite lovely actually. She sounds genuine and relatable imo