MadonnaNation.com Forums
billiejean

Adele thread

Can't find her thread, but just saw the advert on tv during X factor...

It was a segment of the song with the lyrics then three dots...

OMG. She's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the 20th of November (album release date) is true.

I can imagine all the big names (coldplay especially) rushing the release of their albums to get the number 1!!!! it seems that she will dominate the chart all november-december...nice to have her back!

So who else is releasing an album on the 20th of November?

Rihanna's is out about a week or two earlier and so is One Direction's. What about that annoying bitch Ellie Goulding?

I can imagine all the big names (coldplay especially) rushing the release of their albums to get the number 1!!!! it seems that she will dominate the chart all november-december...nice to have her back!

and january, february.....

sounds just like the older stuff.

perfect for a first single, I mean, that´s what people bought like crazy

Oooo Im eager to here this. I really like her ballad type approach to lyrics (telling a story you know) :)

I bet u tons of people burst out in tears when they heard those lyrics. Lol.

^

Fell asleep during that clip. She really is this generations Celine dion, except fat.

Guest gang bang

I think 25 won t sell like 21 , but i want that 25 sells 4 m this year , in order to stop Taylor s domination

In fact I love when British artists outsell Americans

That new song sounds like "Someone like you" all over again.

Thank God Adele is coming back, mainly so there will be someone else mentioned in the media besides Taylor Swift. Hopefully Adele will outsell her as well.

It does sound like a sorta sequel to "Someone Like You," but I'm also sorta alright with that. As long as the album is identical than it is fine by me. This will be HUGE.

I think Someone Like You is so boring.

Remember, the other 3 singles she released were far more upbeat; they were what sold the album IMO. I still theorize she's going the way of Alanis Morissette. Staggering success with 1 album, then slowly diminishing from there. We'll see tho. She's an amazing vocalist, lyricist, I just think that the formula can get stale fast. People like Celine Dion, Norah Jones etc were filed in the uncool/soccer mom/white people category for a reason.

(I love Celine tho)

Whilst I think Adele is an amazing talent,from what I've heard in the clip,it just sounds like more of the same of what we heard on her last 2 records. Would've been nice to see her come back with a more upbeat track. But seeing as I've only heard 15 seconds of her new song,I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Saleswise, I think this album will sell about 5 million before the end of the year. I think it'll sell at least a million in its first week in the US alone. She's going to snatch Taylor's weave!!!

Seems a pretty tune, but this woman has to moan and cry in every song?

^

O'h, another woe is me, I am still so heart-broken song. It will sell like hotcakes but would have liked something different from Adele. To be fair, only heard that small bit in the clip, but what I heard sounded like a dirge.

We could have ate it AL!L!!!!!!L!L!L!L!

Frying in the CHEAAAEEAASSE!!!!

Fell asleep during that clip. She really is this generations Celine dion, except fat.

You fell asleep in 29 seconds? Have you heard about narcolepsy? :newspaper:

Anyway, this teaser sounds really good! :stir: