Let's face facts. Everyone always complaining...first vent in 32 years of fandom

agclef

Awesome - congrats on going to the concert - you are going to LOVE IT!

I love Madonna.

A bona fide inspiration for the ages.

No one was ever like her, no one will ever be like her

She really came, saw, and conquered. And conquering still.

I confess, I still do care about her charts and boxscores successes

and I'm still hoping that she'll surprise us once again.

Whatever, though, she more than gave me what I needed/wanted as a fan already.

And I'm so proud to have been a fan since the beginning when i was still a child...

and this February will mark a new beginning in my fandom: I will finally see her.

After more than 33 long years!

My care for these things is for people to be aware that the radio's and the chart's discrimination does not and will not equal Madonna's failure.

I agree with you, coz Madonna's success is gauged primarily according to her own metrics (and it's proven her career decisions are frequently not commercial).. and our own personal ones... But it would be nice to have that quantitative proof that her insistence on what's current for her can pay off, no matter her age or artistic focus.

Awesome - congrats on going to the concert - you are going to LOVE IT!

Thanks! I'm so excited! I'm not an emotionally expressive person but I can't say I won't cry a bucket when I finally get to see and hear her in action. I mean, it's been 33 years!! LOL

All I can say is if you don't show it on the outside, INSIDE you will be going crazy, in a good way - it is exciting, especially after all of these years. You're a fan as long as me, cool.

Thanks! I'm so excited! I'm not an emotionally expressive person but I can't say I won't cry a bucket when I finally get to see and hear her in action. I mean, it's been 33 years!! LOL

All I can say is if you don't show it on the outside, INSIDE you will be going crazy, in a good way - it is exciting, especially after all of these years. You're a fan as long as me, cool.

Oh, yeah.. Madonna struck a deep, still resonating chord within me from the get go. And, going on topic on this thread, I remember I became "protective" as a fan; I once got into an argument over Madonna and Cyndi. The other kid said Madonna was a "hostess" (our local term then for a slut :lol: ) and that she had AIDS; well I said Cyndi was disfigured and sang like a terrified pig about to get slaughtered. We almost came into blows! :rotfl:

That competitiveness over Madonna perhaps was what made me watch not just her numbers but her career achievements and it used (and still does a tiny bit tbh) to make me mad when fans of Whitney then Mariah (the worst) and Janet inflate their respective numbers/accomplishments relative to Madonna's. Silly, of course! I also remembered when WTG Tour was broadcast on our national TV, I was totally mesmerized and decided I was in for life and dropped Michael Jackson! LOL

Well, I got older and has seen pretenders to the throne come and go and contemporaries dim or flame out. I'm secure now of Madonna's place/legacy and had long realized what's important, but I guess old impulses die hard and I still hanker for charts success.

But all I wanna do at the show is to just enjoy the moment I had long waited for..

Oh, yeah.. Madonna struck a deep, still resonating chord within me from the get go. And, going on topic on this thread, I remember I became "protective" as a fan; I once got into an argument over Madonna and Cyndi. The other kid said Madonna was a "hostess" (our local term then for a slut :lol: ) and that she had AIDS; well I said Cyndi was disfigured and sang like a terrified pig about to get slaughtered. We almost came into blows! :rotfl:

I love this. Madonna won the imaginary war fans of Michael Jackson and Prince had over who was better. She remained relevant despite the changing musical landscape and being a woman aging in pop.

Guest Medoner

Hmm how do i put this... It feels weird reading posts that indicate an end to madonna the entertainer. I know no fan means to sound that way but to me they always do.

M has nailed so many areas of entertainment so masterfully, shes never really over. Its almost as if (dont kill me this is all i had in mind) people are talking about a dog that cant walk no more but still hands out his paw. But this is the dog that can fly youre talking about!

... 😅