What was wrong with "Hard Candy" anyway?!

mad4mad2

Guest Pud Whacker

How does HC sound like more of her producers album than any of her other efforts? That "criticism" is so tired. How is HC Timbaland feat. Madonna any more than COADF is Stuart Price feat. Madonna or Music/AL Mirwais feat. Madonna or William Orbit feat. Madonna for ROL? The whole reason Madonna works with a specific producer(s) for any of her albums is so she can have their sound as the sonic focal point.

:thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

tumblr_nd8xg3vq6f1qlycwjo1_1280.jpg

Athletic and agile Madonna photographed by Steven Meisel in 2008 for Vanity Fair magazine. She was about to turn 50 years old. This is the most remarkable woman who has ever lived. EVER!!!

Omg yes I remember this board was a mess in 2008. :rotfl: It all started in summer 2007 when the Candy Shop and Beat Goes On demos leaked, people couldn't take it, that coupled with "Hey You" pushed them over the edge. When the cover leaked there was hysteria, I remember Riverdrowned being beside himself and GSM being like, Britney's team would have never allowed this. :rotfl: Then she performed Roseland in a track suit, which was fabulous but caused an upset. And when those photos came out right before the tour people started threads saying that Madonna needs to cancel S&S because she's not physically fit for it. :lol: It's unbelievable to look back on tbh. But it's a really special and interesting era to me.

HC remains amazing. :wow:

Oh, and I still stand by this, if "Incredible" had been a ballad people would have warmed up to it more. It was the black sheep of the album at the time.