What was wrong with "Hard Candy" anyway?!

mad4mad2

What is wrong with HC? In a nutshell: the ego battle. Justina and Timbo trying to shine above it all. Imagine a HC with Pharrell and Prince collaborations? That would have been epic. But no, the other two idiots had to come in and ruin it. But I sense that M sorta learned the lesson, as Avicci wanted the same for RH (i.e. a Madonna album with Madonna featuring in it) but she moved on and decided to add other collaborators.

Hmmm

I see no difference with Orbita fingerprints all over ROL and Mirwais over Music and AL. And Stuart Price on Confessions.

I guess if Timbaland and Pharell etc weren't as big people wouldn't have an issue?

I repeat. HC is essential

^ Plus Madonna elevated them. Pharell's work with her is miles above what he accomplished with Gwen Stefani and others, and although JT had a few good singles, I've never been able to sit through an entire album of his. #Madonnaforthewin

Loved Miles Away since that 10 seconds snippet leaked. Also, Give it 2 Me, She's Not Me and Beat Goes on are classic Madonna, I just don't get why people hate the record so much. It isn't her best but it's far for being her worst. I mean, has she ever done a bad record? Same goes for MDNA-haters, that album also had its hidden gems. I hate people who overanalyse everything and do not enjoy what made Madonna the artist she is.

Hmmm

I see no difference with Orbita fingerprints all over ROL and Mirwais over Music and AL. And Stuart Price on Confessions.

I guess if Timbaland and Pharell etc weren't as big people wouldn't have an issue?

I repeat. HC is essential

This. Thank you.

As if Madonna would let Timbo & Timber overrule her. Sure, she liked their sound and wanted it to be a part of the record but I hardly doubted she just sat there and let the two did everything. Don't tell me 20 years laters she'd just let two guys have the final say on her album.

It never felt "late" to me and i listened the shit out of every timbo production the 2 years before hc

Exactly. I don't get the comparisons to Nelly's Loose album either. That had more of an 80s freestyle/Latin vibe whereas Hard Candy was more about funk and disco.