What was wrong with "Hard Candy" anyway?!

mad4mad2

Madge with her legs open showing her Vadge

As it should be

I had to drive a long way for work today I had Hard Candy blaring out. Nothing beats stuck at the traffic lights with the breakdown to SHES NOT ME blaring

Vampire + Madge = Vadge

They say she sucks the life out of everyone she works with.

I love the fact she's a vampire. Remember all those pictures of her standing next to Beyonce and many assumed it was dangerous for Beyonce to be so close to Madonna?

Is this also when her haters started calling her "Vadge"?

Nah. The camel toe came out in full force during Confessions. The fans used "vadge" quite often during that time

No, I fucking love it! It sounds like a Billy Preston song. Or early Stevie Wonder.

It's gorgeous!

It's lovely. And groovy as hell.

The opening music reminds me of Mary Jane Girls "All Night Long"

Hard Candy is in my top 3 Madonna albums along with COAD and Erotica. The cover is flawless and iconic and the tracks including the 3 singles, Candy Shop, Heart Beat and Dance 2 Night are amazing. The tour is flawless to. Don't understand the hatred it gets.

M Dolla rulezz the way!!

Voices.

Other than that, it's the perfect album. A 10/10. A masterpiece. Truly :wow:

I actually love Voices. I think it's the perfect album closer, especially with those bells ringing at the end signaling a knockout. Unfortunately the boxing theme got kinda lost when they changed the title to Hard Candy.

I love Voices !!!!!!

Especially the line:

Are you walking the dog

'Cause that dog isn't new
Are you out of control
Is that dog walking you
Anyone can relate to this song. How many times have we truly felt like we were in control of our lives?
Anything can take us over. Skeletons in the closet. Figuring out your sexual identity. Past abusive experiences. Traumatic relationships. Drugs!
This song says to me; take control of yourself. Be who you want to be. Leave your demons behind. And, stop using excuses.
Walk that dog - don't let it walk you.

I thought 4 minutes was the worst single she'd released (until 2012 when Give Me All Your Lovin took that title!). But I fell in love with Devil Wouldn't Recognise You (A scandal that this was never released as a single!). I also loved Beat Goes On,Heartbeat,Give It To Me,and Miles Away. Overall, the album is a solid one,even if I think she was a little behind the trend working with pharell and timbaland,as I felt their production was dated by the time they got round to working with Madonna. My single choices would've been;

1. Beat Goes On.

2. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You.

3. Give It To Me.

4. Heartbeat.