Will Madonna do another physically exhausting tour?

adirondak

The only reason this tour is not like S&S is because it's not supposed to be.

When she came back after that 8 year break between The Girlie Show and Drowned World Tour people were like "she's not dancing so much. her age is catching up to her". Then 3 years later she was dancing more. Then 2 years later she knda slowed things down a bit. I mean look at Confessions Tour. If it weren't for that last section...she would barely move, and it's one of my fav tourrs from her (1st section is hardly demanding, 2nd section we have the ending of Issac, the chair routine and a bit of Sorry. 3rd section Let It Will Be).

Then 2/3 years later, when she was 50/51 she gave us her most physically demanding tour of her career with Sticky & Sweet. She slowed things down a bit for MDNA and even a bit more for this one...but i think it's more because of the content this time around. Barely any dance hits like Hung Up, Celebration, Ray Of Light, etc...it's mostly mid-tempos/ballads. But considering the theme it makes sense.

So RH is not physically demanding? Bye.

But I doubt she'll ever do another show crazy cardio tour like S&S/MDNA. Do you remember how physically and mentally exhausted she was towards the end of the tours? Not again please

Was she @ the end of S&S though? Everything was fine. She added another leg.

I personally feel RHT has hit the the perfect balance between all things that make Madonna great. I "hated" S&S, it felt like such a defensive way to counteract ageism by showing how physically fit she was in a desperate, over-the-top way. Rebel heart is full on OFFENSE. Completely confident and comfortable, and wiping the floor with all the her contemporaries along the way...

So RH is not physically demanding? Bye.

But I doubt she'll ever do another show crazy cardio tour like S&S/MDNA. Do you remember how physically and mentally exhausted she was towards the end of the tours? Not again please

I still don't see how MDNA Tour is more of a "cardio tour" than Rebel Heart Tour, only the opening and finale had hardcore dancing.

I don't get either why people assume Rebel Heart Tour is not physically demanding, some fans act like it's the same as Kylie's Fever Tour for example, where she just stood at one spot and waved her arms... :rotfl:

It all depends on how she wants to present herself, and which song choices she does. I can see her taking it to a different level, and making it more like a Broadway musical with scenery and a story line. Her concerts come very close to this, but to me, they are like outlines of a musical, and with a little more cohesiveness, she can pull it off. When she did Evita, I was hoping she was going to tour with it, but replace the songs she doesn't sing in, with her own songs. I love her formula, though- four sections that feel like four different worlds.

Guest bluejean

No she won't. MDNA pushed her to her limit in terms of the physical demands. You can honestly tell she has deliberately avoided that for this tour. I think this show is the most relaxed, natural and happy she's been on stage since The Virgin Tour. Even though it is pretty well thought out there is more dialogue and audience interaction than she's ever really done. It's a new phase imo that ties in with her "stand up comedy" fantasy. (And I say fantasy because I can't imagine she'll ever do straight up comedy without music/singing.) As she gets older she'll go more and more in that direction. It's a different Madonna but certainly not a lesser one.

Guest bluejean

I would love a whole show of Who's That Girl/Ghosttown/Rebel Heart type performances in intimate venues. That was one of the best parts of the show.

Imagine 20 of her songs intimate and acoustic. Fuck yes. And she could change the set list every night.

Madonna has done it all, every tour the spectacles are amazing... whether we want to think she'll do an extravagant show , every single tour is crazy, we forget she's actually getting older, 57 is quite the age for the performances she is doing and doing well of course. She'll always b the queen b in performing but it won't last forever. I find it interesting she is singing some of her greatest songs when she'd say she Would never do a ght, inevitably she's mixed in some old songs w the new songs to keep it intersting I don't know , may just be me, but this may very well be her best live performances ever.

I can't imagine going to see Madonna and not having it be a big spectacle. While it's obvious this tour is not as crazy with the dancing, it's still theatrical and her live vocals are on point to top it off. I know I would enjoy a more acoustic show but I will admit that I would miss the dancing. I think the RH tour is a great balance so hopefully we get another tour or two like this in the future.

I can't imagine going to see Madonna and not having it be a big spectacle. While it's obvious this tour is not as crazy with the dancing, it's still theatrical and her live vocals are on point to top it off. I know I would enjoy a more acoustic show but I will admit that I would miss the dancing. I think the RH tour is a great balance so hopefully we get another tour or two like this in the future.

I agree. Madonna has so many good uptempo danceable songs that it would be weird to have a show and not include those. Generally, for most artists, I think a show of all acoustic and ballads gets boring after awhile. You need the mix of different tempos. I wouldn't mind a more stripped down show with less dancers and effects, but I would still want some uptempo dance moments. I don't see her doing the totally stripped down show yet. She still has few more large scale theatrical tours left in her.

acoustic and small intimate show?

not for me.

i want a big spectacle and dance festivities with the highest and front loaded technologies in madonna shows.

thats what i will pay for.

she is capable of doing it together so well and having it all.

for sure she is simply the best in doing that on earth.

no one does better than her! period.

thats why we need her so much on tour circuit.

i believe she will continue to do so.

or show like this tour would be appreciated, i mean more broadway musicals and theatrics show with lots of dancing and action with storylines.

that would be fine for me.

i dont want to get bored in madonna shows

She absolutely won't do another S&S or MDNA. It's simply not physically possibly for her to do tours like that again.

I truly believe this tour will be a blueprint for future tours. Incredible balance of dance, mid tempo, and ballads, intimacy, and banter with the audience. I really think there's a reason she's held off on songs like Cherish, Secret, Bedtime Story, TAB, I'll Remember, TUTBMP, Rain, TPOG, WIFLFAG, Love Profusion. Even Get Together, DTM, Fever. These songs could totally be performed with just Madonna ala True Blue & WTG or with minimal choreography.

I think her best years and tours are ahead of her. She really is proving to the public and critics why "Bitch, she's Madonna."

Edited by KalamazooJay

Guest Rachelle of London

Why does every Tour have to be the same? MDNA was a very dance heavy album and RH has a lot of ballads and midtempo songs, it makes sense to mix up and make the RH Tour different to fit with the themes of the record.

Exactly. What do people expect?

What is this shit? We aren't talking about Artrave, or Britney miming to her CD player, or Mariah out of breath standing up...M always gives it her all.