Will Madonna do another physically exhausting tour?

adirondak

Do you think Madonna will have another go on the road where she goes all out w choreography and physicality a la MDNA and sticky, or did she reach the pinnacle and is now going to have more tempered choreographies going forward?

Let me just say I haven't even seen or watch Rebel Heart aside from the Who's that Girl performance, so this is in no way a criticism of her current tour - just a general question.

Guest Rocco Papa

I think Madonna will go all out no matter what she's doing. I think she'll continue to dance as hard as she can for as long as she's able to. If at any point she's not able to, I have no doubt she will still pull out all the stops. I don't think she'll do a smaller scale tour without all the bells and whistles. I just think she'll work with what she's able to do. She'll find new ways to present herself without giving people a reason to think she's "lost it" or anything like that. You don't have to dance vigorously in order to have stage presence.

But I truly don't think she'll slow down any time soon. The main difference between her and other performers is that she works out on a regular basis, not just when she's got an album to promote. She's been physically active since she was dancing in high school. So it's not unusual for her to be performing at this stage in her life and career. Her body is used to it.

If she toured like she used too for her normal 4months id say yes.

But her new deal with LiveNation sees her on the road for double that......80+ shows is massive, so no she won't do it again.

If she toured like she used too for her normal 4months id say yes.

But her new deal with LiveNation sees her on the road for double that......80+ shows is massive, so no she won't do it again.

But I think she could still do a heavy dancing tour with more shows if she has more dates off in between. It's not how many shows in total you do, but if there's time in between to rest. But that would mean her tours would go on for a longer time, and she would have less time to do other things like direct movies.

I guess I'm not that bothered about having a lot of intense choreography. I guess I'm more of music than a dance focused person. I personally prefer hearing better vocals, than all out dancing on every song.

If Madonna were to read this thread I think she would be thinking....

"Fuckers. This tour is physically exhausting! You get your ass up there for 2 hours almost every night and try to keep up with me!"

:lol:

"Fuckers. This tour is physically exhausting! You get your ass up there for 2 hours almost every night and try to keep up with me!"

Hear Hear!!

Totally. This tour still has a lot of dancing. Some reviews led me to believe it would be all slower and her just standing around. But when I saw it I was actually surprised by how much dancing there was. Live A Virgin is an amazing dance routine.

If there's slightly less dancing on this tour, it's not because she physically can't, it's because it's a natural outgrowth of the type of album Rebel Heart is. It's not really a full on dance album, but has more slower and midtempo songs.

Madonna has chosen to showcase her amazing voice, strategically picking songs that do that, scale down the production and actually interact with her audience.

It's beautiful to see....and it's certainly not a repeat of her last tour....it's amazing to see her really show her love for her fans, I've never seen her so natural on the stage ever.

She keeps talking about how interested she is in doing simpler, less elaborate tours in the future so going to extraordinary lengths to keep up the big production values and dance numbers just for the sake of it doesn't make sense. Live Nation could definitely come out ahead with only Madonna and a few other musicians on stage. :)

Once her LiveNation/Universal contract is up and she reaches 60 I think her entire career will take a different path.

I don't really see it that way. She'll always be Madonna. I think she will always be releasing albums and touring on a somewhat regular basis. I think she really does enjoy singing, songwriting and performing, not just because Live Nation is paying her a lot of money to do that, so I don't see her stepping away from that in any radical way. She's always said she loves pop music because you can reach a lot of people with it, so I don't see her recording some kind of bizarre alternative non-pop oriented music even though some people seem to think that's her secret desire.

I think this is still a physically demanding tour. And if I'm not mistaken, this is one of her longest shows, especially when she adds Ghosttown.

She has so much energy regardless of the choreography. I actually love the Rebel Heart tour because of the balance of dance songs with ballads. I like it when she slows things down and talks to the audience and sings a ballad.

There is nothing like the connection between Madonna and her fans at a live concert.

Madonna has chosen to showcase her amazing voice, strategically picking songs that do that, scale down the production and actually interact with her audience.

It's beautiful to see....and it's certainly not a repeat of her last tour....it's amazing to see her really show her love for her fans, I've never seen her so natural on the stage ever.

What she said

But I think she could still do a heavy dancing tour with more shows if she has more dates off in between. It's not how many shows in total you do, but if there's time in between to rest. But that would mean her tours would go on for a longer time, and she would have less time to do other things like direct movies.

I guess I'm not that bothered about having a lot of intense choreography. I guess I'm more of music than a dance focused person. I personally prefer hearing better vocals, than all out dancing on every song.

The problem with adding resting time is the financial implications, she still has to pay and feed every person working on the tour while on the road plus the rental of the stage or anything else still needs to be payed

The problem with adding resting time is the financial implications, she still has to pay and feed every person working on the tour while on the road plus the rental of the stage or anything else still needs to be payed

But the current tour has a lot of days off. There rarely are back to back shows. It seems less intense than MDNA.

So RH is not physically demanding? Bye.

But I doubt she'll ever do another show crazy cardio tour like S&S/MDNA. Do you remember how physically and mentally exhausted she was towards the end of the tours? Not again please

So RH is not physically demanding? Bye.

But I doubt she'll ever do another show crazy cardio tour like S&S/MDNA. Do you remember how physically and mentally exhausted she was towards the end of the tours? Not again please

And it seems that a lot of fans didn't enjoy those all out cardio tours. I remember reading on various forums that some fans disliked the cardio thing. They said it was too much like an aerobics class. They cried for a more vocally driven tour and now they've got it!

isn't it weird how some haters were saying other untalented "dancing" pop girls "outdanced" madonnas MDNA tour yet for rebel heart tour they give her a lot credit as a dancer? thats what it seems like anyway.

i think simplicity and live vocals sometimes work wonders. and with simplicity i mean even performances like body shop & deeper&deeper. or even music & candy shop. theres something about those songs & the themes that really fits and clicks. you don't always need to make something more challenging for it to work.. (like hung up MDNA..)