Rebel Heart opening vs. MDNA Tour opening

Guest bluejean

Which do you prefer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. RHT opening vs. MDNAT opening

• Girl Gone Wild
    • Iconic

This is hard, because they are two totally different pieces. For personal reasons, I love iconic, because I can relate to it.

Although visually stunning the GGW opening felt like looking into the past and a purging of some kind. The whole MDNA tour and album felt like that to me.

Iconic feels victorious and rising above the restraints put upon you in a more positive way. I loved the build up to Iconic and it's message overall.

I have a hard time choosing these things because I feel they were both important and yes the GGW opening was interesting and visually stunning as well as the choreography but Iconic covered all the bases for me. It had all those elements and the message is more meaningful for more than just Madonna. I felt MDNA was a more personal battle. Which is cool so...

There are moments I really love in Iconic but it is far from my favorite Madonna tour opening. The video is great and a lot of the dancing is great as well, but it doesn't have the thrill that Girl Gone Wild had with the live music, the glass shattering, the rising blocks, the BOOBS.

To be honest, Iconic is probably towards the middle of all my favorite intros. Confessions, BAT, MDNA, Drowned World, RIT, Iconic, S&S, WTG, Girlie, and Virgin Tour.

Girl Gone Wild will probably never be topped and makes every other entrance from all pop tours (from other girls and most of madonna's tours) look like high school plays.

That choir, the shattering glass, the choreography, that dancebreak, etc. Perfection.

Iconic has a good video, nice message but simply doesn't hit as hard, IMO. Still good anyway.

This!!