Rebel Heart opening vs. MDNA Tour opening

Guest bluejean

Which do you prefer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. RHT opening vs. MDNAT opening

• Girl Gone Wild
    • Iconic

Girl gone wild. I mean those rising cubes and that dance breakdown...shattering glass. Double crowd roar (which RHT also has). Perfect opening. Perfection.

Iconic is great as well. Love the opening video. Love the costumes but GGW is just a tour de force IMO

Guest Rocco Papa

Well, having seen both shows in person, I must say I prefer Iconic. It was such an amazing experience. The lighting, the dancers entering the stage, and her finally coming down in the cage. The build up to it was done perfectly. The MDNA opening wasn't as exciting for me.

However, I can understand how people will prefer the MDNA opening if they're just watching a video. I saw some YouTube clips (of Iconic) before my show and thought the same thing. But the Rebel Heart opening needs to be experienced in person! :bow:

"Iconic," hands down.

The whole RH era and everything building up to it -- secretprojectrevolution, Art for Freedom, RH, RHT -- feels connected. Everything she's done over the past two years touches on freedom, expression, rebellion, self-acceptance, triumph, hopefulness ... and "Iconic" really ties all that together with the video, the voiceover, the song's lyrics. It's almost like a culmination of Madonna 2013-15, all while introducing (and somehow pulling off) a samurai Joan of Arc look and without being preachy. It's perfection.

"Girl Gone Wild" is visually stunning, but it simply doesn't have the thematic importance that "Iconic" does.

I think the intro to MDNA was ruined for me standing in a dull Hyde park in broad daylight with terrible sound .

Iconic looks fabulous .

Guest Rocco Papa

"Iconic," hands down.

The whole RH era and everything building up to it -- secretprojectrevolution, Art for Freedom, RH, RHT -- feels connected. Everything she's done over the past two years touches on freedom, expression, rebellion, self-acceptance, triumph, hopefulness ... and "Iconic" really ties all that together with the video, the voiceover, the song's lyrics. It's almost like a culmination of Madonna 2013-15, all while introducing (and somehow pulling off) a samurai Joan of Arc look and without being preachy. It's perfection.

"Girl Gone Wild" is visually stunning, but it simply doesn't have the thematic importance that "Iconic" does.

YES! :thumbsup:

Girl Gone Wild will probably never be topped and makes every other entrance from all pop tours (from other girls and most of madonna's tours) look like high school plays.

That choir, the shattering glass, the choreography, that dancebreak, etc. Perfection.

Iconic has a good video, nice message but simply doesn't hit as hard, IMO. Still good anyway.

Iconic totally surprised me seeing it live.

I'm totally in love with this track now. It's like "beat goes on" 2.0

Love the message, Totally could have been the lead single.

Imagine that she had performed this on the grammy's instead? The cage, the crosses, killer costumes.

Well, having seen both shows in person, I must say I prefer Iconic. It was such an amazing experience. The lighting, the dancers entering the stage, and her finally coming down in the cage. The build up to it was done perfectly. The MDNA opening wasn't as exciting for me.

However, I can understand how people will prefer the MDNA opening if they're just watching a video. I saw some YouTube clips (of Iconic) before my show and thought the same thing. But the Rebel Heart opening needs to be experienced in person! :bow:

I saw MDNA twice in person and I still prefer the GGW opening to Iconic. While the Iconic video introduction stands as one of her best visual masterpieces, the opening is very bland. Descending from above the stage in a cage?

MDNA had the opening monks chanting, the visuals, the opening of the Offer Nissim remix with her crashing glass in full murder bride mode. Though GGW was a disposable track, the choreography, wardrobe, the mashup of Give It 2 Me and Material Girl made it one of her best opening and performances.

Of course MDNA. The opening prayers, church scene, the choreography, the lighting, the broken glass windows, the intense production - it really made you feel like you were inside of a church. It was just magical and out of this world.

Of course MDNA. The opening prayers, church scene, the choreography, the lighting, the broken glass windows, the intense production - it really made you feel like you were inside of a church. It was just magical and out of this world.

Completely agree. I think "iconic" has a similar feel but on a smaller scale.

I don't think GGW can be topped...not her most amazing track, but visuals were perfect and the choreography was more intense.

i love dark settings and religious stuff when she's showing Madonna @ her most amazing (like BAT and the opening of MDNA) add in some alternative indie singers and im in love.. MDNA opening for me. its so detailed and builds up amazingly.. its not just about how big it is, its about the details

"Girl Gone Wild," by far.

"Iconic" is a fantastic opening, and yaaaasss frenzy and let me add here by saying that I actually think it's better than Confessions, Sticky, Drowned and maybe even Virgin.

MDNA hands down.

RH is a fantastic show and opening, but no way does it match the brilliance of MDNA for staging.

But I admire Madonna doing a show that showcases her voice rather than production.

Both are great, but MDNA remains her best tour opener ever in my opinion.

Between the satanic church vibe which was both creepy and beautiful to Madonna looking hot as hell, and the kick ass stage with the moving platforms, to Madonna leaping backwards off one of the raised platforms, to the kicks ass Material Girl breakdown.

Everything about it was EPIC!

I remember looking at pictures of the opening of MDNA when they first started hitting the web and the screen backdrop of the church looked so real I honestly thought it was a real built backdrop.

I remember looking at pictures of the opening of MDNA when they first started hitting the web and the screen backdrop of the church looked so real I honestly thought it was a real built backdrop.

i know

when i first saw the opening i thought she was in that golden religious thing (i can't remember the name) .. but then i saw the smoke coming out of it when they lit it and knew that couldn't be possible. but i had no idea how she would show up. this opening should be raved about & talked about everywhere. sorry, but it has to. best opening of all time

i know

when i first saw the opening i thought she was in that golden religious thing (i can't remember the name) .. but then i saw the smoke coming out of it when they lit it and knew that couldn't be possible. but i had no idea how she would show up. this opening should be raved about & talked about everywhere. sorry, but it has to. best opening of all time

I remember watching a video of GGW from the opening date and I literally jumped when the glass shattered, I thought it was real the entire time lol