REBEL HEART REWIND REASSESSMENT RANKING: Where would it rank in her catalogue?

1. Ray of Light

2. Bedtime Stories

3. Like A Prayer

4. Erotica

5. Rebel Heart

6. Confessions on a Dance Floor

7. Music

8. Madonna

9. American Life

10. True Blue

11. Like a Virgin

12. Hard Candy

13. MDNA

The top 3 are interchangeable depending on my mood. RH, as great as it is, doesn't feel quite as 'tight' or as 'evocative' as the top 4.

1. Ray of Light
  2. Like A Prayer
  3. Erotica
  4. Music
  5. Madonna
  6. Confessions
  7. Bedtime Stories
  8. Rebel Heart
  9. Hard Candy
  10. True Blue
  11. American Life
  12. Like A Virgin
  13. MDNA
Edited by tycole6

I think Rebel Heart album has fallen a position (though it is oh, so strong) and I had to raise Like a Virgin in my ranking. This is always so damn hard. I love every one of her albums. Top four on lock it seems.

1. Erotica
2. Madonna
3. Confessions
4. Ray of Light
5. Like a Prayer
6. Rebel Heart
7. True Blue
8. I'm Breathless
9. Music
10. Hard Candy
11. Like a Virgin
12. MDNA
13. Bedtime Stories
14. American Life

1. Erotica

2. Rebel Heart

3. Confessions

4. ROL

5. Hard Candy

6. LAP

7. Music

8. AL

9. Madonna

10. Bedtime Stories

11. LAV

12. MDNA

13. True Blue

It has fallen considerably in my rankings. The Avicii sound would have really brought something new and fresh to the project. Kanye was a huge mistake (and I was looking forward to his contributions thanks to Beat GoesOn), Diplo proved has done much better work with other artists, etc. Too many good songs left off and too many ridiculous ones included.

With some editing could have made top five for me, though. Still listen to it regularly.

AVICII SOUND NEW AND FRESH? THANK GOD HE GOT ILL AND SHE LOOKED OUT FOR NEW DIRECTION (HE'S A GREAT SONGWRITER, BUT HIS SOUND GET BORING PRETTY SOON)!!! EXTREMELY LOVE THE FINAL RESULT!!! (SORRY FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS)

It has fallen considerably in my rankings. The Avicii sound would have really brought something new and fresh to the project. Kanye was a huge mistake (and I was looking forward to his contributions thanks to Beat GoesOn), Diplo proved has done much better work with other artists, etc. Too many good songs left off and too many ridiculous ones included.

With some editing could have made top five for me, though. Still listen to it regularly.

1273.gif

After much thought, I am convinced that Rebel Heart (Super Deluxe) is part of her essential album catalogue; which, if you must know, consists of Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, the Immaculate Collection, I'm Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Something to Remember, Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Confessions on a Dancefloor, and the Confessions Tour.

1. Like a Prayer

2. True Blue

3. American Life

4. Bedtime Stories

5. Like a Virgin (why is this masterpiece at the bottom of everyones list?)

6. Erotica

7. Rebel Heart

8. Confessions

9. Music

10. Ray of Light

11. Hard Candy

12. Madonna

13. MDNA

are you living still living in 2012 or what

tumblr_inline_nixofw7coq1r4komv.gif

I'm talking more about her back catalogue, something that she hadn't done before. I thought most people prefer the Rebel Heart demo, at least. I know most prefer the Wash album version, which I think is awful and completely ruins the song.

I've really liked some of Diplo's work from this past year with Justin Bieber, Sia, and Major Lazer itself, so I'm even more convinced she got screwed again for Rebel Heart. Except for maybe BIM, but the lyrics are terrible.

I dont think i've ever listened to a Madonna album as much as I have listened to Rebel Heart.

It's like the soundtrack to my life.

Guest Rachelle of London

Bedtime Stories

Rebel Heart

Ray of Light

Erotica

Hard Candy

American life

Like a Virgin

True Blue

Madonna

MDNA

Like a Prayer

Confessions

Music

1. Confessions on a Dance Floor (Miles ahead of the rest)

2. Like A Prayer

3. Ray of Light (iconic record)

4. Rebel Heart

5. Music

6. Hard Candy ( i'm on the minority but i love Candy shop,give it2 me,4 minutes,miles away and devil.)

7. American Life

8. True Blue (love the singles esp Live to tell)

9. Bedtime Stories

10. MDNA

11. Erotica

12. Like A Virgin

13. Madonna ( i'm not much into this)

(14. I'm Breathless)

Justice for Ghosttown and Candy shop. :order:

1. REBEL HEART

2. Erotica

3. Like a Prayer

4. Madonna

5. American Life

6. Ray of Light

7. Music

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Confessions on a Dance Floor

10. True Blue

11. Like a Virgin

12. Hard Candy

13. MDNA

14. I'm Breathless

Bedtime Stories

Rebel Heart

Ray of Light

Erotica

Hard Candy

American life

Like a Virgin

True Blue

Madonna

MDNA

Like a Prayer

Confessions

Music

you're a rayoflighters?? :ohmy:

Omg! Post your list or not but just stop whining! Fuck!!

I've listened to Rebel Heart daily since the iTunes release--absolutely love it, definitely a Madonna classic (tour and album). So happy for this era...

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Erotica

Confessions

Madonna

Rebel Heart

Bedtime Stories

Music

True Blue

Like A Virgin

American Life

Hard Candy

MDNA

Right now it's something like

Ray of Light

Erotica

Rebel Heart

Music

Hard Candy

Bedtime Stories

Like a Virgin

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Like a Prayer

I'm Breathless

Madonna

MDNA

American Life

True Blue

As of today.

1. Erotica

2. Bedtime stories

3. COADF

4. Like A Prayer

5. Ray Of Light

6. Madonna

7. Like A Virgin

8. True Blue

9. Music

10. Hard Candy

11. Rebel Heart

12. American Life

13. Mdna

No change for RH in my rankings. It's not that I think it's bad. Just worse than most of her other albums.

I was trying to figure out why I ranked it so highly a few months ago but now it is close to the bottom.

Like it wanted it to be an A+ but is only now a B- for me.

oh please you've been posting passive agressive comments about RH for months

Wow, I didn't think anyone was paying attention :laugh:

Sorry, I've never had this situation where there are not only so many different songs floating around which didn't make an album, but mulitiple versions of ones that did. I posted in the other thread that I could make a flawless album out of my favorites.

3 comments:

- Rebel Heart is amazing. Madonna is in a very tricky stage in her career given her age and the genre she is playing in. Rebel Heart does the impossible: it is catchy and modern while also mature (unlike MDNA). It succeeds on that level and that alone is a huge feat. It's given her back some artistry in the public's eye.

- To that guy who thinks the Avicci sound is fresh... get a grip. Aviccii is more dated than a vocoder. Thank god she switched the sound around last minute. Sure, the demo of Rebel Heart is radio friendly BUt also dull, dull, dull.

- Fans really don't like True Blue!! WTF... it's amazing (even if it is her most pop)