REBEL HEART REWIND REASSESSMENT RANKING: Where would it rank in her catalogue?

Guest CzarnaWisnia

1. Ray of Light

2. American Life

3. Bedtime Stories

4. Music

5. Erotica

6. Like a Prayer

7. Confessions

8. Madonna

9. I'm Breathless

10. Rebel Heart

11. True Blue

12. MDNA

13. Hard Candy

14. Like a Virgin

Rebel Heart has officially beaten Bedtime Stories on my list! and I'm FINALLY warming up to COADF and True Blue!

1. Like A Prayer

Pop masterpiece and best record of all time. Classic pop melody, lyrics and production. I love the bittersweet vibe of this record, it always gives me the mental picture of a very young Madonna wandering in a theme park at sunset. I don't know why but Cherish makes me feel melancholic every time!

2. Ray Of Light

Frozen/Ray Of Light/Sky Fits Heaven all belong to my Top 5 M songs so nuff' said about this record! There are a few tracks I can do with though

3. American Life

Nothing Fails/Intervention/X-static Process is THE Madonna trinity. Probably her most creative album?

4. Rebel Heart

My most played album EVER. I think the album is very cohesive (unlike popular opinions)! Love love love the gritty/industrial sound throughout the record. So many beautiful melodies. And I only dislike 2 songs out of 19!

5. Bedtime Stories

6. Erotica

7. Hard Candy

8. Confessions On A Dance Floor

9. True Blue

10.Madonna

11.Music

12.MDNA

13.Like A Virgin

01. Ray of Light

02. Madonna

03. Like A Virgin

04. Like A Prayer

05. True Blue

06. Rebel Heart

07. COADF

08. Erotica

09. Music

10. MDNA

11. Hard Candy

12. American Life

13. Bedtime Stories

PJ, interesting line up. I'm surprised AL ranks so low on your list. ...bearing in mind that making a list is almost impossible.

I'd like to know your thoughts on AL.....

My list is always changing...

Here goes nothing...

1. Music

2. American Life

3. Madonna

4. Confessions On A Dance Floor

5. Ray Of Light

6. Bedtime Stories

7. Erotica

8. Like A Prayer

9. True Blue

10. Hard Candy

11. Like A Virgin

12. Rebel Heart

13. MDNA

14. I'm Breathless

So hard to do.

PJ, interesting line up. I'm surprised AL ranks so low on your list. ...bearing in mind that making a list is almost impossible.

I'd like to know your thoughts on AL.....

My list is always changing...

My list is always evolving too but I have never had love for that album and I still don't love it. Didn't feel it, hardly liked any tracks in it. She looked awesome though, I just don't think it was the right sound for her.

Hope we can continue to be friends?... :blush:

--- :smooch:

My list is always evolving too but I have never had love for that album and I still don't love it. Didn't feel it, hardly liked any tracks in it. She looked awesome though, I just don't think it was the right sound for her.

Hope we can continue to be friends?... :blush:

--- :smooch:

You're silly. Friends to the end, baby.

You have impeccable taste in music. And I think you and I have similar tastes, that's why I asked. I love talking music with you too.

When I first heard AL, it definitely struck a different chord for me. That's why I liked it. Her work with Mirwais remains my favorite. The more experimental, the better. It was a good time to be a Madonna fan. She wrote songs on Music and American Life that blew me away. But, that's we love her, right? She can do it all.

You're silly. Friends to the end, baby.

You have impeccable taste in music. And I think you and I have similar tastes, that's why I asked. I love talking music with you too.

When I first heard AL, it definitely struck a different chord for me. That's why I liked it. Her work with Mirwais remains my favorite. The more experimental, the better. It was a good time to be a Madonna fan. She wrote songs on Music and American Life that blew me away. But, that's we love her, right? She can do it all.

Oh certainly she can do it all, any genre she wishes to approach is a discovery :)

You see to me her work with Orbit still sparkles something inside, that joyful sensation when your ears witness something magical in music. A total work of art which will continue to be so for decades to come. Gotta say that American Life along with my bottom listed is the one I barely listen to these days, I shall give it another full-attention try in the future and perhaps I might change my mind.

But... even if I may learn to love it, it will never be like loving an album, a song, a musical piece at first listen. It will never become part of me, know what I mean?

I am rambling my dear.

Friends for life :wink::vogue::kiss2:

I'd rank it towards the mid range. There are some albums to precious to touch, but it's easily her best in a decade and I'm amazed at how consistently I still listen to pieces of it.

• 1 month later...

Just to show how much my list can change in just 2 months:

01. Like a Prayer

02. Ray of Light

03. Erotica

04. Music

05. Confessions on a Dance Floor

06. Bedtime Stories

07. Rebel Heart

08. Madonna

09. American Life

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Hard Candy

13. Like a Virgin

Rebel Heart has grown on me increasing

01. Ray of Light

02. Rebel Heart

03. Like a Prayer

04. Confessions on a Dance Floor

05. Bedtime Stories

06. Music

07. Erotica

08. Madonna

09. American Life

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Hard Candy

13. Like a Virgin

1. Ray of Light

2. Like a Prayer

3. COADF

4. Music

5. Erotica
6. Rebel Heart

7. American Life

8. True Blue

9. Madonna
10. Like a Virgin

11. Bedtime Stories
12. Hard Candy

13. MDNA

1. Ray of Light

2. Rebel Heart

3. American Life

4. Confessions on the Dance Floor

5. Music

6. MDNA

7. Hard Candy

These are the 7 albums I live for!! That is all!

1- Ray of light, Music, Erotica, Like a prayer, Like a Virgin

2- American life, COADF, Bedtime Stories, True Blue, MADONNA

3- Rebel heart, Hard candy, MDNA