St. Paul, MN 10/08/15

anastaza

I love seeing this angle when Madonna walks back with the UB of the night. You can see her smiling and encouraging them. She has such great rapport with them all and is protective and cheeky with them. Both guys and girls. This segment has really worked well. The only one that was a bit flat was Nelly Furtado but Nelly looked terrified and shy - interesting as she is famous !

Here's a great video of Material Girl and La Vie en Rose. Around 5 minutes or so she talks about Prince.

Love how she cracks herself up at 4:34 in. :lol:

I think that's one of Madonna's best kept secrets when it comes to the general public that doesn't pay attention to every move that she makes. That in reality she is a big old dork. ha

Love how she cracks herself up at 4:34 in. :lol:

I think that's one of Madonna's best kept secrets when it comes to the general public that doesn't pay attention to every move that she makes. That in reality she is a big old dork. ha

lol yes.

Wasnt sure if the crowd would be good/receptive in that market but pleasantly surprised to see it was def. very decent!

Would love to know 'how' and when M and Prince reconciled and who reached out to who lol. I personally think Prince like MJ had major jealousy issues with her yet wanted to fuck and date her at the same time (maybe Prince did). Prince even admitted in at least one interview w/in the last 5 years how pissed he was over WB making M "top priority" over him even during his post Purple Rain peak! Just LOTS of ego and sexual tension. I also think (and still think) Prince believes his own hype 100x more than M, takes himself waay too seriously and up until recently was one of those old school douchy music elites who blamed M for the Mileys, Britneys etc...It's quite apparent Prince grew up and there's def. respect for her now and takes her, her music and impact very seriously.

i like how he doesn't kiss MJ's ass though. and he called prince mean and was such a baby about it. I think prince loves her on a personal level but probably gets a little jealous too sometimes @ her fame.(didn't they date? and that's why sean punched a hole in the wall and prince came to her house with plaster to fix it? i don't know if its true but i always loved that story/urban legend :))

that said, I have to agree with this a little though.. :p just for laughs

is holiday lipped? at the end she encourages the audience to sing along it seems like she is lipsychning?maybe just the backtrack.

The hot mic she uses to encourage the audience seems to suggest her mic is on and she is thus singing live when not encouraging the audience. There is probably some sort of backing tape or those lovely background singers of hers...but she is singing live throughout the whole show!

Come on now, let's not be like Janet fans. Her mic is always on but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of backing tapes throughout the show.

Yeah everyone have backingtracks and vocalists but she is very clearly live throughout.

And agreed on Fever vocals! They are those lower register husky sultry tones that I love!

Oh where to begin. I drove up from Kansas City with my mom, and we arrived around 4pm. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Xcel center, and when we made it into the lobby to check in, we saw that the hotel was bursting with Madonna fans! We could also hear people playing her music in various rooms on the floor where our room was, so that was pretty fun. Lots of pre-concert partying!

Anyway, the show. First of all, I had MUCH better seats than the ones I had in Brooklyn (which were practically on the roof), so that made for a much different (better!) concert experience. We were just two rows up from the floor, to the right of the heart. We had a great view.

Opening video was amazing, even with the slight, temporary screen black-out glitch. I feel like I can watch it again and again and again and still see something new every time.

The biggest highlight for me was "Fever." A completely unexpected, beautiful surprise.

So sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well, but damn that woman is a trooper. Her energy level was maybe a little toned down, but she pressed on like the ultimate professional she is.

Lots of audience banter this time, too! Much more than in Brooklyn, I think. I LOVED that she acknowledged all of her fans that dress up like her for the shows, saying how creative we all are. :D

My mom loved the show, too. She loved M's performance, especially her ukulele songs. lol And she could not stop talking about "the guys on the poles, oh my god!" hahahahhaha
Yes, I'd have to agree that the "Illuminati" interlude is freaking incredible, and it practically makes your heart stop.

I wish I could remember more! I could barely sleep after the show was over. I maybe got 4 hours of broken sleep, and then had to drive 6.5 hours home. That was brutal. I'm still exhausted.

Also, I was really worried about my section wanting to sit the whole time, but they didn't! I stood the entire time and danced like it was my job. hahahhahahaha

I kept bumping into the poor lady next to me, though, oops. I apologized after the show.

And now I'm in a terrible post-concert depression, which is just silly because I have one more show in January (Tulsa).

OH! I didn't notice it in BK because our seats were so far away, but there were a LOT of people crowded around the front of the heart. Didn't seem like security cared much at all. hm.

Finally, here's me in my BIM outfit. Don't laugh.

madonnaconcert10.08.15.jpg

If I think of more to say about the show, I will post it!

Anastasza you look amazing!!!!!! Love the outfit! Adore

Aww, thanks so much Chelle!! I had a lot of fun putting it together. :)

Guest Medoner

You look amazing anastaza, thanks for sharing your experience.

+ i just have to talk about the intro again. Its almost too epic, i get goosebumps every single time i watch it and i wanna watch it all the time. One of the best concert openings i have ever seen and i have yet to experience it live