33 years of ciccone!

GroovyGirl

october 6, 1982

happy 33rd anniversary, ciccone. 33 years of bad-ass madness. still rocking the casbah..... keep on keeping on, bitch!! <3

220px-Everybody.jpg

"Everybody" is a song by American singer-songwriter Madonna from her eponymous debut studio album Madonna (1983). It was released on October 6, 1982, by Sire Records as her debut single. Madonna had recorded a demo of the song with Steve Bray. She urged DJ Mark Kamins, who played at her dance club, to play it. He was impressed by the song and took her to Sire Records, who signed her for a two-song deal. However, after the recording of the two singles was over, Sire executive Michael Rosenblatt was not impressed with the production of the other song and decided to release only "Everybody".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_(Madonna_song)

Guest Medoner

33 years later shes barred against people who started last year. Many came, many went away, a few even died. She will always be the icon. The girl whos dream was to rule the world indeed became, the worlds most recognized face of a woman. That just blows my mind.

33 years of having a big sister I've never met. 33 years of having someone who wrote songs that I could relate to. Madonna is 12 years older than me and her music has evolved with my life. I've learned from her. We've divorced men. We've struggled with love and relationships. We have our own "secret gardens". We have secrets. We have phenomenal orgasms. We've dealt with the death of family and friends. We're 'bad girls'. We're survivors. We have beautiful scars. And, we both deserve a happy life.

:vogue:

33 years later shes barred against people who started last year. Many came, many went away, a few even died. She will always be the icon. The girl whos dream was to rule the world indeed became, the worlds most recognized face of a woman. That just blows my mind.

I feel the exact same way. Her career has been incredible. And what impress me the most is that she managed to have the biggest female career of all time while been constantly vilified by the medias.

"Everybody" :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

This song is so fantastic. It's a shame it wasn't a hit -- the general public is missing out on greatness.

I desperately wanted the queen to re-record this song and release it as a single in the mid-00s. That Stuart Price mix for the Confessions promo tour was so fierce that I thought we might actually get it on a Confessions remix album or something. And then when Timbaland said he wanted to make an album that harkened back to the first album, I though "Everybody" might make a comeback in some way ...

I feel the exact same way. Her career has been incredible. And what impress me the most is that she managed to have the biggest female career of all time while been constantly vilified by the medias.

This!

MAGIC :Disco_Ball:

Indeed

Love Ed Steinberg recollections of Madonna and her energy

From the KONK video to this

Paradise Garage that's where it was shot if I'm not mistaken

Same place where 2 years later she did that Keith Haring event :inlove:

33 years of having a big sister I've never met. 33 years of having someone who wrote songs that I could relate to. Madonna is 12 years older than me and her music has evolved with my life. I've learned from her. We've divorced men. We've struggled with love and relationships. We have our own "secret gardens". We have secrets. We have phenomenal orgasms. We've dealt with the death of family and friends. We're 'bad girls'. We're survivors. We have beautiful scars. And, we both deserve a happy life.

:vogue:

:inlove:

HOW has it been 33 years?

I know that's a dumb question. But sometimes I feel that it wasn't all that long ago when I was popping in my Virgin Tour VHS for the eleventy billionth time, and taping her videos and news reports about her off the television. and making Madonna scrapbooks with my best friend. and lip synching to her songs for my elementary school talent shows.

I've grown up with this woman!

I hope she keeps going for at least another 33 years. And much, much longer.