Can't Stop -- Finest Vocal performance?

rocknrolla

Yes, really.

I just heard this song recently after forgetting about it completely.

Damn, she sounds great! If I had to pick one song to showcase that "80s voice", before I probably would have chosen Into the Groove, Open Your Heart, or Who's that Girl. Now I think I would choose this.

She even belts out some of the verses. Ray of Light and maybe OYH are two other songs I can think of where she really does this.

Anyone else agree?

Glad to see this song get some love!! One of her best bridges ever is on this song and yes, there is so much raw passion to her vocals on this track. I feel like TB/WTG era are the best vocals of her career (LAP era too really).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been obsessed with "Can't Stop" since the day it came out! As such, I named my all Madonna video dance party CAN'T STOP ESTHER back in 2007. It has been a going concern here in Toronto ever since. Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1658175687753137/

CSE%2017%20eposter%20A%20600_zps5esuwru9

Can't Stop is such an amazing tune, I only discovered last year and fell completely in love. Although my brother says in the second verse it sounds like she loses her breath, but I personally love her vocals in this song!

DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY, JUST LET ME LOVE YOU FOR A WHILE!!! Best bridge ever!