Can We Talk About Push

Ok, I know a lot of M fans don't really like this song. I've had a couple gin and tonics so I'm feeling brave.

Does anyone here have a metronome? If you do. Sync it with is this song. It will unsync at around 0:17. Then, try to sync it again...it will keep unsyncing.

This is the definition of art. It's scattered. It's obscure and it's supposed to make you think.

Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor does the same. She does it very well with all the songs on this album, but in my opinion, she uses an exceptionally concealed method with Push.

A lot of songs, especially in the 60s, were purposely random. That's why the 60s were so groovy, baby. Madonna recreated this art form with this song.

This is her confession. She's not perfect. She has never claimed to be perfect. And she knows that she has this undefined drive that makes her keep going. She can't even explain it herself.

BUT, she doesn't want you to know it.

I believe Push is her best attempt to explain it. The song is using a repetitive rhythm on purpose. But, if you listen closely; it's not really repetitive. It's asymmetrical. Our human brains were programed to be attracted to symmetrical objects. And when we see or hear something which deviates from the norm. We shut off, and dismiss it as unpleasing.

If it's unpleasing, she's doing it on purpose. Because it's who she is.

The lyrics are very simple. They don't have to be deep. She's talking to herself.

Listen to every lyric. It will pertain to your own life.

If you ask me, this is the sister song to Joan of Arc.

Or! Maybe I'm full of lima beans.

xxxL

I love Push. Big confession time, I did not like it at first. :mellow: Then I listened to it a few more times and was hooked. I love it when a song does a complete 360 on me. Had the same experience with I'm Addicted and Unapologetic Bitch. Now, Push is actually my favourite song from the Confessions album. I love the lyrics, the way it changes throughout and am so going to get my metronome out tonight and listen to it like you suggested !

I really did not like this song for a very long time. But when I discovered that M previously mentioned that the song was about her angles (Christopher, Martin, her mother...), i finally appreciated the song. It's lovely.

Guest Pud Whacker

Ok, I know a lot of M fans don't really like this song. I've had a couple gin and tonics so I'm feeling brave.

Does anyone here have a metronome? If you do. Sync it with is this song. It will unsync at around 0:17. Then, try to sync it again...it will keep unsyncing.

This is the definition of art. It's scattered. It's obscure and it's supposed to make you think.

Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor does the same. She does it very well with all the songs on this album, but in my opinion, she uses an exceptionally concealed method with Push.

A lot of songs, especially in the 60s, were purposely random. That's why the 60s were so groovy, baby. Madonna recreated this art form with this song.

This is her confession. She's not perfect. She has never claimed to be perfect. And she knows that she has this undefined drive that makes her keep going. She can't even explain it herself.

BUT, she doesn't want you to know it.

I believe Push is her best attempt to explain it. The song is using a repetitive rhythm on purpose. But, if you listen closely; it's not really repetitive. It's asymmetrical. Our human brains were programed to be attracted to symmetrical objects. And when we see or hear something which deviates form the norm. We shut off, and dismiss it as unpleasing.

If it's unpleasing, she's doing it on purpose. Because it's who she is.

The lyrics are very simple. They don't have to be deep. She's talking to herself.

Listen to every lyric. It will pertain to your own life.

If you ask me, this is the sister song to Joan of Arc.

Or! Maybe I'm full of lima beans.

xxxL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE PUSH!!!

the transition from issac to push sounds so great.

ive been having a love affair with it for the last month!!!

I really did not like this song for a very long time. But when I discovered that M previously mentioned that the song was about her angles (Christopher, Martin, her mother...), i finally appreciated the song. It's lovely.

Where! Did you read this? Do you have a link?

I need to know. Ty.

COAD is about to turn 10,hard to believe. ..miss being 17 :(

I always loved Push!when they showed a teaser for CT of her pushing two dancers on the runway,I assumed Push was going to be performed but it ended up being La Isla Bonita

I've always loved Push - oddly enough, I listened to it just yesterday. I never understood the intense dislike that a lot of people expressed for it when it was released. I also love the melodic nod to LAP in the chorus :)

Such a great song!!!

I've always loved this song. Nice and smooth groove, Middle Eastern elements, even slightly psychedelic. Honestly, I've never understood the dislike for this song. Very well crafted, catchy, universal lyrics.......I said it in '05-'06 and I still feel the same way now.....it should've been the second or third single (at least in the US).

I've always loved this song. Nice and smooth groove, Middle Eastern elements, even slightly psychedelic. Honestly, I've never understood the dislike for this song. Very well crafted, catchy, universal lyrics.......I said it in '05-'06 and I still feel the same way now.....it should've been the second or third single (at least in the US).

some M fans have such different tastes.. i always love her more middle eastern/psychedelic/folky stuff and am always shocked to hear some fans say its shit and prefer Iconic or GGW more :lmao: but hey its okay, she has something for everyone

Honestly Push is one of my favorite Confessions songs. I really don't know why so many fans don't like it, it's so damn catchy.

Funny, there's a lot of Madonna songs considered fillers that i absolutely love (Jimmy Jimmy, Amazing, Dear Jessie,...). Guess i'm easy to please :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

listening to it the first time push & isaac were (&are also currently) my favs of the album. and as i heard push first, it was my fav. the instrumental/production is so nice

My fave songs off confessions too. There's something very magical and mysterious about them which is alluring