What Madonna needs....

mad4mad2

First of all, I'd say a year is a pretty long time to make an album. It looks like she did take her time. I don't think this album was rushed at all. And she's worked with hitmakers her entire career. She worked with Nile Rodgers, Shep Pettibone, Dallas Austin, Babyface, Dave Hall, Nelle Hooper, David Foster, etc. All of them were the hitmakers of the moment when Madonna worked with them. I, personally, don't think working with Diplo, Kanye, and Avicii is any different from what she's always done.

Thank u! How much longer was she supposed to work on it? She did like 40 something songs. Also, there is no difference in her working with a proven hit maker like Nile in '84, Babyface in '94, Timbaland in '08 and Kanye in '15. The old "she was rushed" and "she needs unknown producers" are just excuses people use when they don't like something she's done. Instead of just saying they don't like it, they try to make it seem like Madonna herself is half hearted about it when clearly that has never been the case for anything she has released. If she's not satisfied with it, it won't be officially released. Trust that!!

Thank u! How much longer was she supposed to work on it? She did like 40 something songs. Also, there is no difference in her working with a proven hit maker like Nile in '84, Babyface in '94, Timbaland in '08 and Kanye in '15. The old "she was rushed" and "she needs unknown producers" are just excuses people use when they don't like something she's done. Instead of just saying they don't like it, they try to make it seem like Madonna herself is half hearted about it when clearly that has never been the case for anything she has released. If she's not satisfied with it, it won't be officially released. Trust that!!

You're 100% right.

Lets face it, if the album sold millions, they wouldnt be complaining at all! Some fans need SALES to like something.

THis era has been wonderful, full of great TV performances, interviews, videos. Her Brit fall has become iconic and now we have the glorious tour.

I like RH its a much better than Mdna

And no doubt that her heart was in it but:

1- she clearly rushed the album because of the leaks

2- and she may have spent a year working on the album but she stated that was because all the producers were doing other things so she only had a couple of days with them

I dont think those two things are good for the process

3- she tried many directions this time around and thats why we have 40 songs

I like RH its a much better than Mdna

And no doubt that her heart was in it but:

1- she clearly rushed the album because of the leaks

2- and she may have spent a year working on the album but she stated that was because all the producers were doing other things so she only had a couple of days with them

I dont think those two things are good for the process

3- she tried many directions this time around and thats why we have 40 songs

1. She rushed the release of the album itself because of the leaks but the bulk of the work was finished already. Those demos we heard in December had been in the hands of others 4-5 months before we ever heard them. I highly doubt during that time frame she was just sitting around twiddling her thumbs. Not sure why it was ever assumed any of the leaks were going to be the final versions when most of them clearly sound like demos.

2. I think she had more than a couple days with each producer. She had chunks of time with one, then she would have another chunk of time with another, then the cycle would repeat. It's not like all work on the album stalled for any significant period of time over the course of that year. The process may be different than what she's done in the past, but that doesn't mean it was detrimental to the work itself. Considering that a lot of her diehard fans and critics consider a lot of these tracks to be some of her best ever, maybe she should work this way on the next album too.

3. She tries many different directions with most albums.....we just don't always get to hear every single thing recorded for those sessions as we did with RH. BS started as an extension of the Erotica sound......ROL started as another R&B flavored album with Babyface.....the "COADF sessions" include songs like If You Go Away, ILNY demo, Keep The Trance, Triggering etc, all of which sound nothing like COADF actually turned out. I don't see how experimenting with an array of different sounds during the recording sessions for an album can be considered a bad thing. If anything, it shows how deeply involved in the process she is.

This this this.

These ROLighters/Confessioners need to STOP with all these "working with unknown producers for a cohesive record" suggestions as if it's the only way it works. Most of her records are produced/written by hit makers for god's sake and her 80's records were very eclectic. Thank god madonna the control freak was gone and I love how spontaneous her creative process has become. I'll take Rebel Heart over Confessions/Music any time any day bye.

Guest Rachelle of London

Marry me

:clap:

This this this.

These ROLighters/Confessioners need to STOP with all these "working with unknown producers for a cohesive record" suggestions as if it's the only way it works. Most of her records are produced/written by hit makers for god's sake and her 80's records were very eclectic. Thank god madonna the control freak was gone and I love how spontaneous her creative process has become. I'll take Rebel Heart over Confessions/Music any time any day bye.

Yes!! I love that we have both types of albums from her! I love me some COADF and ROL but LAV, TB, MDNA all fantastic albums too. I actually find RH to be cohesive. Not in a COADF way but just the overall tone and subject matter of songs on the album. I can't quite find the right way to say it, but there is a "darkness" or "somberness" (is that a word??) or "grit" to even the most upbeat tracks on the album. Thats one of the things that weave it all together for me when listening to the album. I agree about how spontaneous she has become! I especially love seeing it on stage. The past few tours she's really been open to trying different things that I could NEVER picture the Madonna of 1990 doing. As perfect as the tours from DWT-CT are, there was definitely a distance about her on stage at that time.

I thought after the "missteps" of Carese (rest her soul) in the early 00's that Guy was supposed to save the day when he became her manager. Wasn't he her manager in the COADF era?

New team? Has the album and tour been subpar? Disappointments?

Madonna always comes with new ideas and looks with each new era so that's a given.

New record company?? But I thought Interscope was going to "save the day" after mean ol' WB neglected her and her singles...

New fans?? Hmmmm.......I would say that the clearly mentally unstable "tribe" of fans that WASH UP on "other shores" across the net should just go and worship LG full time instead praising her "artpop" part time and dissing M part time. It would be amazing if Guy could arrange for one of these "fans" to be the (un)apologetic bitch for a night.....but with a twist. Display their "fan art" (i.e.: a transcript of their vilest comments about M) on the screen while Madonna berates them. When she say "bye bitches", security will drag them off stage aggressively and out of the venue. They will then be advised and it will be announced they will be banned from her shows from that point forward. Now THAT will be something worth bitching about! :)

Other than those loonies though, I'd say Madonna has one of the most loyal fans of any artist out there and in most cases are GREAT audiences for the Queen.

OMG I love you.

The ONLY thing she needs is better security when it comes to her material. It was a disaster when all those demos leaked, and then the full album. They really need to tighten their security routines.

Other than that, this era has been fantastic and she gave us an amazing album and tour, with lots of performances and magazine editorials.

Accuracy. those GRITTY and RAW rayoflighters never let up :rolleyes:

This this this.

And it's ironic how the ROLighters conveniently ignore that Madonna used Rick Nowels on it, who co-wrote and co-produced Belinda Carlisle's Heaven Is A Place On Earth & Celine Dion's Falling Into You... :rotfl:

Wait. Back up. First we had "Ray of Lighters" now we have "Concessioners"???

WTF?

You guys, what the fuck is a "Ray of Lighter"? Someone who thinks ROL is her best album OR someone who became a fan because of that album? OR Is it someone who likes Ray of Light only?

confessioners are way more annoying

ROL actually IS a really good innovative album. Confessions is M going disco and its a good album.. but i don't know.. she made it after AL got badly received so she played it safer. but I think AL is a better album

WTF?

You guys, what the fuck is a "Ray of Lighter"? Someone who thinks ROL is her best album OR someone who became a fan because of that album? OR Is it someone who likes Ray of Light only?

" Ray of Lighters" is used as a negative term only to describe people that always want everything to be like Ray of Light. They basically want every album to have the same message and compare everything negatively to Ray of Light. These are the ex fans who seem to hate everything since that album. A lot of them comment on blogs, articles and other forums all the time. They are not on this forum as they get flushed. It is NOT meant to describe people that love Ray of light or discovered Madonna due to ray of light.

So I guess I would consider myself a "Madonnaer"?

Do ROLers or Confessioners cop attitudes or something? What am I missing here?

I want to be a "Holy Waterer". I'll only listen to Madonna songs that are about eating pussy.

" Ray of Lighters" is used as a negative term only to describe people that always want everything to be like Ray of Light. They basically want every album to have the same message and compare everything negatively to Ray of Light. These are the ex fans who seem to hate everything since that album. A lot of them comment on blogs, articles and other forums all the time. They are not on this forum as they get flushed. It is NOT meant to describe people that love Ray of light or discovered Madonna due to ray of light.

Ahh. Thanks. Maybe I'm reading the wrong blogs.

WTF?

:lmao:

Basically it's just someone who thinks Madonna should only work with unknown producers and make more "mature" or "sophisticated" music at all times. The woman that wrote LAP, ROL etc in her thirties shouldn't be writing BIM and Candy Shop in her fifties. :)

So I guess I would consider myself a "Madonnaer"?

Do ROLers or Confessioners cop attitudes or something? What am I missing here?

I want to be a "Holy Waterer". I'll only listen to Madonna songs that are about eating pussy.

:lol: No, people on this forum who love Ray of Light are all great. I hate to think that they think other fans are referring to them when they talk badly of "Ray of Lighters" It truly does ONLY apply to the people that dislike everything expect Ray of Light and always complain that she has not made a good record since Ray of light. They always also want mature music with deep lyrics and basically look down on her pop and dance music. I hope this makes sense. I love the Ray of Light album myself but also love all aspects of Madonna. I discovered this term through Madonnanation and Pud Whackers MadonnaScrapbook. I originally wondered the same thing but when I saw these people in action at the other forums etc, understood what it meant.

I get it.

Maybe they're not listening very closely. Every thing after ROL....Music, AL, COADF, HC, Mdna and RH all have deep lyrics and beautiful arrangements. They're all very mature.

Yikes. How has someone's comment two pages back about how they want to see her work with different / unknown producers has escalated into people bashing fans of particular eras? How is shitting on "Ray of Lighters" or "Confessioners" any different than being a Ray of Lighter who's shitting on "Rebel Heart?"

How about we all just stop judging each other's level of fandom and stick to talking about the merits of the work?

1. She rushed the release of the album itself because of the leaks but the bulk of the work was finished already. Those demos we heard in December had been in the hands of others 4-5 months before we ever heard them. I highly doubt during that time frame she was just sitting around twiddling her thumbs. Not sure why it was ever assumed any of the leaks were going to be the final versions when most of them clearly sound like demos.

2. I think she had more than a couple days with each producer. She had chunks of time with one, then she would have another chunk of time with another, then the cycle would repeat. It's not like all work on the album stalled for any significant period of time over the course of that year. The process may be different than what she's done in the past, but that doesn't mean it was detrimental to the work itself. Considering that a lot of her diehard fans and critics consider a lot of these tracks to be some of her best ever, maybe she should work this way on the next album too.

3. She tries many different directions with most albums.....we just don't always get to hear every single thing recorded for those sessions as we did with RH. BS started as an extension of the Erotica sound......ROL started as another R&B flavored album with Babyface.....the "COADF sessions" include songs like If You Go Away, ILNY demo, Keep The Trance, Triggering etc, all of which sound nothing like COADF actually turned out. I don't see how experimenting with an array of different sounds during the recording sessions for an album can be considered a bad thing. If anything, it shows how deeply involved in the process she is.

Neither "If You Go Away" or "I Love New York" came out of the "Confessions" sessions. "IYGA" came from the aborted musical project and "ILNY" was something Stuart and Madonna worked out while rehearing / on the road for Re-Invention.