MadonnaNation.com Forums
Je5u5

Christina Aguilera thread 🍊

20 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Why is Xtina even getting a video vanguard award? She has some good videos but most of them weren't memorable and didn't have much impact. I don't know why MTV keeps overlooking my girl Missy Elliot for this award. She's made amazing videos and is long overdue for it.

I don't mind Cuntina Haguilera getting the award, anyone is better than Gaga lolz. And yes, Missy deserves it too.

46 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Why is Xtina even getting a video vanguard award? She has some good videos but most of them weren't memorable and didn't have much impact. I don't know why MTV keeps overlooking my girl Missy Elliot for this award. She's made amazing videos and is long overdue for it.

The VMAs aren't even about video quality anymore.

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

I don't mind Cuntina Haguilera getting the award, anyone is better than Gaga lolz. And yes, Missy deserves it too.

True dat but you know she'll get it eventually (unfortunately).

44 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

The VMAs aren't even about video quality anymore.

CLEARLY

The VMA's aren't about anything anymore.

MTV doesn't even show videos anymore anyway. I remember back when I used to LIVE for the vmas. That used to be my fave award show back in the day.

But they suck now and have lost credibility.

I can't even remember the last time I enjoyed that shitty show. Maybe 2004 or 2009 (and that was ONLY because of M and Janet's tribute to MJ).

7 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

CLEARLY

The VMA's aren't about anything anymore.

MTV doesn't even show videos anymore anyway. I remember back when I used to LIVE for the vmas. That used to be my fave award show back in the day.

But they suck now and have lost credibility.

I can't even remember the last time I enjoyed that shitty show. Maybe 2004 or 2009 (and that was ONLY because of M and Janet's tribute to MJ).

Yep. Ditto.

At this rate maybe next year they'll give it to Mandy Moore.

She's popular again thanks to This Is Us after all.

6 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

During her peak her videos were either pretty good ("Dirrty," "Fighter," "Candyman") or widely celebrated even if they weren't so great (like "Beautiful"). The only odd thing is that she hasn't really been relevant for about a decade now. I guess they've run out of people to honor. 

13 hours ago, vocalism said:

During her peak her videos were either pretty good ("Dirrty," "Fighter," "Candyman") or widely celebrated even if they weren't so great (like "Beautiful"). The only odd thing is that she hasn't really been relevant for about a decade now. I guess they've run out of people to honor. 

Bingo. That's what I thought. Everyone who's truly deserved it has already been recognized.

Christina has had one the most mismanaged careers of anyone in the industry. For the life of me, I'll never understand why she constantly felt she needed to reinvent herself so drastically from album to album. She's a try too hard pop star and has never come across as authentic with her music or identity. 

Stripped was her peak, Back to Basics was solid, Bionic was a MESS (there are some jams. But it's WAY to disjointed) 

And no one remembers Lotus. 

Aside from overdue people (like Missy), Katy Perry is clearly the one who should be getting it this year. Her videos have been very successful and it's just a no brainer since she just released a new album. 

I'm always surprised when I remember M received it in 1986. What had she released by that point? I guess Borderline, LS, LAV, MG, and PDP are all iconic in one way or another, but that's only a small handful of videos.

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

Aside from overdue people (like Missy), Katy Perry is clearly the one who should be getting it this year. Her videos have been very successful and it's just a no brainer since she just released a new album. 

I'm always surprised when I remember M received it in 1986. What had she released by that point? I guess Borderline, LS, LAV, MG, and PDP are all iconic in one way or another, but that's only a small handful of videos.

It's not like back then others had a larger, more relevant video catalogue. She has a vanguardist. Even back then she stood out head and shoulders in a way only her and MJ did.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:51 AM, LHakaLH said:

LEGENDTINA IS COMING BACK AND FORTH & ALL THE BITCHES WILL STAY HOME SHEDDING TEARS WATCHING HER EXTRAVAGANZA COMEBACK!!

BOW TO THE QUEEN MOTHERFUCKAS!!!!1

5 minutes ago, spazz said:

LEGENDTINA IS COMING BACK AND FORTH & ALL THE BITCHES WILL STAY HOME SHEDDING TEARS WATCHING HER EXTRAVAGANZA COMEBACK!!

BOW TO THE QUEEN MOTHERFUCKAS!!!!1

she's been coming back since 2013. I hope she enters the right door already

15 hours ago, Kilt said:

she's been coming back since 2013. I hope she enters the right door already

:dead::dead::dead:

In all honesty, I think they should do something kind of unprecedented...and actually give the Vanguard award to Madonna - again. 

It would actually be very fitting. The career she has forged since the first one, becoming the industry's preeminent visual artist (in every way), is reason enough.

Of course M doesn't care for these kinds of awards, but if she embarked on at least one 'legacy era', it would be great promo (esp. if a GH tour followed)...and would at least educate some of these damn kids today.

On 28/07/2017 at 2:11 PM, VogueMusic said:

In all honesty, I think they should do something kind of unprecedented...and actually give the Vanguard award to Madonna - again. 

It would actually be very fitting. The career she has forged since the first one, becoming the industry's preeminent visual artist (in every way), is reason enough.

Of course M doesn't care for these kinds of awards, but if she embarked on at least one 'legacy era', it would be great promo (esp. if a GH tour followed)...and would at least educate some of these damn kids today.

:clap:

6 hours ago, Anne said:

Looking very Gaga-ish

DJOGhmPXkAEvbFL.jpg

9 hours ago, Anne said:

Wtf