Rebel Heart Vs. MDNA

Guest bluejean

Great songs from MDNA: Turn Up The Radio, I Don't Give A, Beautiful Killer, Superstar (great production), Falling Free and B-Day Song.

To me it felt like an album of inconsistent-great songs with no theme or real connection to the album.

Rebel Heart is perfection from start to finish.

Love this post as you have mentioned songs that so many dislike and you are proud of it. :thumbsup: Out of the ones you mentioned, I also love Turn up the Radio, Falling Free and Beautiful Killer. I enjoy Superstar for the fun catchy song it is and see Birthday Song as a kind of tongue in cheek Sonny and Cher type song. What is great about Madonna really, we can all love and dislike different songs together :laugh:

Love this post as you have mentioned songs that so many dislike and you are proud of it. :thumbsup: Out of the ones you mentioned, I also love Turn up the Radio, Falling Free and Beautiful Killer. I enjoy Superstar for the fun catchy song it is and see Birthday Song as a kind of tongue in cheek Sonny and Cher type song. What is great about Madonna really, we can all love and dislike different songs together :laugh:

This jazz. I loved B-Day Song since day one and totally reminds me of her very early days. :thumbsup:

To me Superstar is the best produced song from the album. It's delicious.

Like I said, pretty nice songs with different faces.

:)

The MDNA deluxe cover is fab, but Rebel Heart wins in every other aspect; musically, lyrically, conceptually, structurally, etc...

I don't recall ever seeing a proper RH album review from you

We need it!!!!

The opening of the album MDNA was perfect "girls they just wanna have some fun" so I dont know about those who were surprised it was a very dancey record.

The only weak songs are Some Girls :lmao: (sorry Crystal) and Overrated Killer. The rest are fantastic.

Some Girls and Beautiful killer (along with I'm a Sinner) are my favourite tracks off the album :lmao:

Rebel Heart officially entered my top 5 fave madonna album of all time and toppling AL...

MDNA is at the bottom of my ranking. But MDNA has given us Girl Gone Wild video one of her BEST music videos in a long time!

Oh the MDNA opening performance is life!!!

Guest PRPapi

I love Rebel Heart but I just wanna say how great MDNA is, throwaway tracks or not. To me the album is the sound of a woman rediscovering and reclaiming herself both musically and personally. She wanted to find herself again after a brutal divorce and wanted to have fun and forget about it and maybe revert back to who she was before she met G-y. Perhaps songs like Superstar and Girl Gone Wild were so immature (read: amazing) because she felt like putting on an almost exaggerated sense of bravado, like everything was fine and she was hotter than ever. But then there are songs like Falling Free, Gang Bang and Love Spent that reveal how she's really feeling underneath it all.

Anyways this is so badly written but MDNA revealed more about herself than she had intended (which rarely happens in her music, if ever) and is one of her most personal, honest records. Both MDNA and Rebel Heart to me sounded like she went into the studio solely motivated by expression, and whatever music came out was what we ended up with, whereas I've often felt that she went into the studio knowing the kind of album/statement she wanted to create. Both albums seem to paint a pretty complete picture of her, rather than a fragment like on American Life or Bedtime Stories or whatever

Not badly written AT ALL! You NAILED it! I completely agree with everything you just said. Bravo!