Song of the Week 9/27/15 : I'M ADDICTED

Mooncrown11

"I'm Addicted"

When did your name change from a word to a charm?
No other sound makes the hair stand up on the back of my arm
All of the letters push to the front of my mouth
And saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout
And I can’t get it out

When did your name change from language to magic?
I’d write it again on the back of my hand,
And I know it sounds tragic

Feels like a drug
And I can’t get enough
And it fits like a glove
I’m addicted to your love

I’m addicted, I’m addicted, I’m addicted to your...
I’m addicted, I’m addicted, I’m addicted to your love

Now that your name
Pumps like the blood in my veins
Pulse through my body, igniting my mind
It’s like MDMA and that’s OK

Your name's like a drug
And I can’t get enough
And it fits like a glove

I need this exchange
I don’t care if you think that I’m strange
Something happens to me when I hear your voice
Something happens to me and I have no choice

I need to hear your name
Everything feels so strange
I’m ready to take this chance
I need to dance

Feels like a drug
And I can’t get enough
And it fits like a glove

MDMA, MDMA, MDMA, MDMA (I’m addicted)
MDMA, MDMA, MDMA, MDMA (I’m addicted)

Song of the week is back after a long hiatus. After the excitement of the RH album release, I decided to stay away from all Madonna news sites and forums to avoid any tour spoilers but now that I have seen it, I don't need to worry any longer (and it was definitely more than worth depriving myself!!) Anyway, onto this week's song...

There's always one or two songs on her albums that most fans think should have been singles. For MDNA, those songs are probably Love Spent and this dance gem. I was immediately taken with this song on first listen and I still love it to this day - one of the best songs for me on the album. I love the trance-like quality of the verses and how it builds to the more frantic chorus. I also enjoy the transition into the bridge when that warm wash of synths come in. My only negative is the "MDMA" part goes on a bit too long at the end and is a bit repetitive but that's just a small part of an otherwise amazing song. This was truly a missed opportunity to have it released - would love to have seen a video for this but at least it got performed on the tour with some very creative choreography.

Favorite Lyric: All of the letters push to the front of my mouth

And saying your name is somewhere between a prayer and a shout

Favorite Musical Part: The synths leading into the bridge

Favorite Vocal Part: "I need to dance"

What do you think of this song?

Great to have your song of the week back Mooncrown.

You have returned with a beauty. Probably my favourite song from MDNA. Interestingly enough, I did not love it at first as thought it lacked a great melody. Well, I don't think like that anymore. One of those songs that took me a few listens and then BAM, it all clicked into place. It has a trance like quality and the lyrics are interesting. Especially love the build up throughout the song. Great song and production.

Great to have your song of the week back Mooncrown.

You have returned with a beauty. Probably my favourite song from MDNA. Interestingly enough, I did not love it at first as thought it lacked a great melody. Well, I don't think like that anymore. One of those songs that took me a few listens and then BAM, it all clicked into place. It has a trance like quality and the lyrics are interesting. Especially love the build up throughout the song. Great song and production.

Thanks Janelle! Glad to be back ! It was hard staying away so long

Such a great song! I was never a big fan of Benny Benassi so I was quite surprised with this one. Amazing production, killer beat and great lyrics, from the Carol Ann Duffy inspired opening line to the True Blue self reference :)

Yaaaaassss!'while i like GMAYL, this shoudlve been the 1st single for MDNA

I agree! I still don't think it would've been this runaway smash but this followed up with GB as a second single and LS or FF as third single could've set a completely different tone for the era. A more fitting tone IMO as those are kind of "darker" songs and MDNA tour was pretty dark in itself. In retrospect, it's funny how dark the tour and overall feel of the era is yet she released the most bubbly, upbeat songs as singles. That's our girl though......she loves juxtaposition. :)

I have to say I do love this song and it's probably my favorite from MDNA. Lyrically, this song is actually very very good!! It's always brought about very vivid, trippy imagery for me. I've always pictured a video with heavy use of the colors from the album cover (deluxe of course).