White Heat

george28

Every time I listen to the True Blue album or in general Madonna songs on shuffle on my phone and White Heat comes on, I always wonder why it never became a hit. Unless it did gain recognition back when the True Blue album came out in which case I wouldn't know because I was a month and a half old when it came out, lol. But as far as I know it was never a song that was recognized or even acknowledged except for the Who's That Girl tour.

I personally feel it could have been a big single, it had everything that the 80's Madonna era hits had, fun, danceable and catchy lyrics, but seems like it was not a single that was ever promoted.

I remember it being talked about when the album came out. The album was just huge. Where 's The Party was the hit that never was. You can dance got pushed back a year and who's that girl comes long do they ran out of release time for more singles.

Great album track!

love her papa dont preach voice on WH

she sort of reserved this voice for true blue album exclusively. she goes more angelic after this record.

shows how versatile a singer... million dollar voice

I do remember listening to the song and really liking it. It probably wasn't released because they didn't want to flood the market with Madonna, her songs were constantly on the radio back then. I think that's why Into the Groove wasn't released as a single as well.

Loved it. The lyrics are great too - " I don't want to live out your fantasy. Love's not that easy" and " Can you feel the rhythm of my mind" Madonna's songs always have those hidden gems of lyrics.

Yes! I love the lyrics.

So don't come hangin' round my door. If you're not ready to give, you're not gonna get much more