Madonna's DanceOn strikes distribution deal with Go90

XXL

Madonna's DanceOn Strikes Distribution Deal With Go90, Producing Over 80 Hours Of Original Content
As more music streaming services and social media apps announce their transition into original content, the battle for positioning remains unpredictable.
Power players like Apple AAPL +0.00% Music and Spotify have yet to make a very definitive shift beyond sharing and discovering music to solidify their identity as digital content providers. Snapchat has experienced notable success, as more brands and media partners experiment with different formats that tap into the existing user experience. Netflix NFLX +2.97% and Hulu have mastered their market, creating network-caliber programming designed for the second-screen generation.
While the landscape is still evolving and such uncertainty builds anticipation, it also presents an opportunity for thriving digital media and social entertainment platforms with an established niche and unique approach to remain ahead of the emerging trends. Announcing a new partnership with mobile entertainment app go90, DanceOn is expecting this move to place its preeminent entertainment focused platform ahead of the pack.
With an expansive network that boasts more than 4 billion total views, 25 million subscribers, and over 40 million fans across platforms, DanceOn stands as the largest entertainment network for dance-related content on any platform. Celebrating music and dance throughout pop culture, the digital media company is a dominant force with tremendous influence amongst a prime millennial audience. Fueling massively viral dance trends tied to chart-topping hits such as “Trap Queen”, “Watch Me Whip / Nae Nae”, and “Hit The Quan” — DanceOn is widely regarded for its user-generated challenges and docu-series that have featured globally renowned acts like David Guetta, Diplo, and Sia.
STmadonna0914081442116391.jpg
Joining go90’s list of partners for mobile-first programming, DanceOn will produce and distribute over 80 hours of exclusive original content for their new over-the-top (OTT) mobile video service. Their slate begins with Every Single Step, a new dance competition series executive produced by So You Think You Can Dance creator Nigel Lythgoe, and Chachi’s World, a docu-series based around the life of digital influencer and former MTV star, Chachi Gonzales. Aside from both shows, the partnership includes the fulfillment of 27 additional series to be released through 2017. DanceOn will also be launching its own studio that will support production of original content for partners, which accounts for YouTube, Vessel and go90.
“We are thrilled to be working with go90,” stated Amanda Taylor, CEO of DanceOn. “This partnership gives us the opportunity to build upon our original programming slate, launch new IP with out top talent and further strengthen our platform for the discovery of popular dance and music.”
Multiplatinum, and 7-time Grammy Award winning pop icon Madonna co-founded DanceOn, alongside her longtime manager and business partner Guy Oseary, Amanda Taylor and Machinima Chairman Allen DeBevoise. The list of investors includes DeBevoise, AMC Networks, Third Wave Ventures, Plus Capital, and Luminari Capital among others
danceon-the-edge.png?w=400

It's an app. And is now creating original content (besides whatever else they had offered)...kind of like Netflix. But it's dance oriented content... I guess it could be user uploaded videos, music videos, tutorials, etc... I guess you'd have to download the app to find out. (I'm just making a guess here).

...and Madonna co-founded this 'DanceOn' with her management. Meaning...one of her many business ventures...?

I guess now the app will offer content from this company of hers... ?

It's an app. And is now creating original content (besides whatever else they had offered)...kind of like Netflix. But it's dance oriented content... I guess it could be user uploaded videos, music videos, tutorials, etc... I guess you'd have to download the app to find out. (I'm just making a guess here).

...and Madonna co-founded this 'DanceOn' with her management. Meaning...one of her many business ventures...?

I guess now the app will offer content from this company of hers... ?

rarmgl.gif

I see.

Like a lot of other things in the social media sphere, it probably has no real revenue stream (at least to start out with), but if they take it public (based on past history with Facebook, Twitter, etc IPOs) or get bought out (such as WhatsApp, Instagram), on the basis of the stats in the article (number of users,etc), Madonna could possibly go from being a billionaire to a multi-billionaire. I'm kind of surprised Ashton Kutcher isn't involved in this, since I thought he and Guy O did a lot of these types of tech related investments as a group.

"Co-founded by Madonna, CEO Amanda Taylor, Guy Oseary and Machinima CEO Allen DeBevoise, DanceOn was selected as part of YouTube’s $100 million original content initiative and established itself as one of the top 10 premium YouTube channels. With significant growth and a compelling business model, the DanceOn Network continues to foster a close partnership with YouTube. Through our success, we have attracted the creator of So You Think You Can Dance, Nigel Lythgoe, and the #1 cable programming brand, AMC Networks, to our board. From reality competitions to docu-series, from scripted shows to user-generated content, DanceOn creates engaging programming, reaching a network of over 15 million users across our social channels."

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanceOn

https://www.danceon.com/about

"Co-founded by Madonna, CEO Amanda Taylor, Guy Oseary and Machinima CEO Allen DeBevoise, DanceOn was selected as part of YouTube’s $100 million original content initiative and established itself as one of the top 10 premium YouTube channels. With significant growth and a compelling business model, the DanceOn Network continues to foster a close partnership with YouTube. Through our success, we have attracted the creator of So You Think You Can Dance, Nigel Lythgoe, and the #1 cable programming brand, AMC Networks, to our board. From reality competitions to docu-series, from scripted shows to user-generated content, DanceOn creates engaging programming, reaching a network of over 15 million users across our social channels."

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanceOn

https://www.danceon.com/about

Seems like a flop

no video over 10 mi, mostly movie trailers or movie parts

Peeps, it's just like YouTube but it's all about dance. Say you want to upload your mom doing vogue or a group of professional break dancers doing a performance that's the app for you! The only problem is YouTube has been doing that since forever so the app is pointless in that respect but say you're really into dancing or you're a professional dancer and you need specific things to watch maybe it ll be more useful and manageable.

Peeps, it's just like YouTube but it's all about dance. Say you want to upload your mom doing vogue or a group of professional break dancers doing a performance that's the app for you! The only problem is YouTube has been doing that since forever so the app is pointless in that respect but say you're really into dancing or you're a professional dancer and you need specific things to watch maybe it ll be more useful and manageable.

Isn't it just a youtube channel like somebody already posted?