Any Idea Why They're Not Selling the "Rebel Heart" Album At Shows?

HolidayGuy

Physical albums maybe going out of style, but you'd think they'd still have some copies on hand (vinyl and CD). It's still a memento like anything else.

Not to mention people who haven't bought the album before maybe MUCH more inclined while on hand at a show.

Physical albums maybe going out of style, but you'd think they'd still have some copies on hand (vinyl and CD). It's still a memento like anything else.

Not to mention people who haven't bought the album before maybe MUCH more inclined while on hand at a show.

Indeed indeed

Her music is never visible enough on her merchandise stands.

I once saw a George Michael concert in Antwerp (2008), and 2 exit the venue u had 2 leave going

up a giant staircase walking right into a giant CD stand that had all his albums & dvds and people just

flocked 2 buy his shit...Like multiple titles. I remember thinking wow seeing all those people carrying copies

of Faith and his Best Of.

And that's how u do it. :fag: Get their wallets while they're still euphoric.

Guest Rachelle of London

Her music is never visible enough on her merchandise stands.

I once saw a George Michael concert in Antwerp (2008), and 2 exit the venue u had 2 leave going

up a giant staircase walking right into a giant CD stand that had all his albums & dvds and people just

flocked 2 buy his shit...Like multiple titles. I remember thinking wow seeing all those people carrying copies

of Faith and his Best Of.

And that's how u do it. :fag: Get their wallets while they're still euphoric.

This

^The digital album/ticket promo, however, was not anywhere as successful as the last tour, which had both physical and digital. Plus, again, MDNA had that promo and was sold at venues.

The MDNA promo was a lot less effort for people. That was more of an opt-out vs. Rebel Heart's opt-in.

Plus it's 2015 y'all. The amount of people that are going to buy a CD at a concert are incredibly low. A vinyl would probably sell better as collector's item

They probably earn more money with any piece of her merchandising than with albums that nobody buys anymore. At least, you can't illegaly download a t-shirt :smile:

I thought the industry had a rule that albums sold at live gigs don't count in terms of sales/charting...or was that rule scratched?

I thought Prince tried it a good while ago, and got busted. Maybe I'm confusing it with someone else.... but I swear I read something like that...

I thought the industry had a rule that albums sold at live gigs don't count in terms of sales/charting...or was that rule scratched?

I thought Prince tried it a good while ago, and got busted. Maybe I'm confusing it with someone else.... but I swear I read something like that...

That's a strange rule... I wonder why?

From memory, Prince gave everyone who attended the show a copy of his latest album at the venue (after scanning each copy) and then the album rocketed up the charts, prompting them to change the rule regarding ticket bundling etc.

But if you sell, as opposed to give away, the album at the show, then it should count, no?

Exactly, so the "rule" that was mentioned earlier actually doesn't exist (as long as the product is sold and not given away).