MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
runa

Volkswagen scandal

I'm surprised no one talks about that scandal around here:

The company put a software called a "defeat device" on millions of its diesel-powered cars (more than 11 millions, apparently). That software can tell when a car is going through an emissions test, making the vehicle appear more environmentally-friendly than it actually is.

In other term, this is one of the biggest fraud in years.

More detail here: http://www.popsci.com/volkswagen-purposefully-misled-epa-about-car-emissions

and here: http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswagen-emissions-scandal-relates-to-11-million-cars-1442916906

Guest Rachelle of London

I haven't heard a thing about this. Bloody hell

those sneaky fuckin germans :lmao:

I like VW cars. The Polos are cute.

Is this even proven fact? Anyway. Let's not fool ourselves. Every car company is cheating in one way or the other when it comes to numbers. Have you ever managed to meet the numbers they provide when it comes to fuel consumption?

Funny that it happens in the U.S. Funny a) because this is based on an environmental law "Clean Air Act", when the U.S. are not really on the forefront of environmental protection and b) because the U.S. car industry is dead. What was the last American car that was relevant?

I like VW cars. The Polos are cute.

I love how inappropriate this comment is :lmao:

Is this even proven fact? Anyway. Let's not fool ourselves. Every car company is cheating in one way or the other when it comes to numbers. Have you ever managed to meet the numbers they provide when it comes to fuel consumption?

Funny that it happens in the U.S. Funny a) because this is based on an environmental law "Clean Air Act", when the U.S. are not really on the forefront of environmental protection and b) because the U.S. car industry is dead. What was the last American car that was relevant?

How surprise am I to see you're there to defend this german company, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Of course this is proven fact. The CEO says it himself.

and don't start with a conspiracy theory, :dead:

How surprise am I to see you're there to defend this german company, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was about to say, didn't the CEO already release an apology statement? I mean, no one over at VW is even denying it :lmao:

How rich coming from you considering you started an anti-German thread. And there are enough of your posts on this board that prove your anti-German sentiment. What I couldn't figure out is where this is actually coming from. What is your personal knowledge or experience of Germans or Germany that makes you having such a bad opinion. And please don't tell me you are of Greek heritage.

Lighten up. This is why Germans are considered the least funny country on earth.

How rich coming from you considering you started an anti-German thread. And there are enough of your posts on this board that prove your anti-German sentiment. What I couldn't figure out is where this is actually coming from. What is your personal knowledge or experience of Germans or Germany that makes you having such a bad opinion. And please don't tell me you are of Greek heritage.

:rotfl:

I don't like that you say I'm anti-German because it's absolutely untrue.

This thread is about Volkswagen - not Germany. How can you say it's an anti German thread???

This news is all OVER THE WORLD. This is the biggest news in all the business newspapers...! Do you know how it will hurt this company and its reputation? And, unfortunately for you, what they did is absolutely indefensible.

I would have start this thread for any company, American, Japanese, Korean...

You're making a fool of yourself with your conspiracy theories and the only reason you try to defend VW it's because it's a german company. You're completely blinded by this fact and no matter how much there is proof what they did is wrong, you keep trying to defend it. It's called CHAUVINISM.

And no, I'm not greek.

But politically, I'm left wing oriented. Read between the line: I'm against Angela Merkel and her policies.

This has nothing to do with Germany. I would react the same way if it was another country.

So stupid, this could cost them 18 billion some analysts say. Why did they take such a risk?

And this is another example why the corporate sector needs tight regulations and more criminal penalties applied to their malfeasance.

Not so un-funny afterall?

Ugh, you're funny. I like you.

omg at this thread!!! :lmao:

(and my bf has a beautiful VW, the new beatle...luckily not diesel....)

however, Raider i'm almost always with you and love your posts (and these times don't love Runa so much... :lol: ) but was the VW CEO himself that broke the news and admitted the cheating....the 18 billions in fines, damages it's what analysts prjected after the news...but could be a conservative measure....now even the german government and the UE woke up (as usual with their relaxed times) and are asking for investigations...

what's really funny it's a german car commercial that is appearing in italy for month (i don't remember the brand, maybe Opel) where the testimonial, Cladia Shiffer, goes on saying how "ok, the germans are not exactly famous for their humour, but they like to take seriously the important things, like building cars...."...well..... after this event.... :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

omg at this thread!!! :lmao:

(and my bf has a beautiful VW, the new beatle...luckily not diesel....)

however, Raider i'm almost always with you and love your posts (and these times don't love Runa so much... :lol: ) but was the VW CEO himself that broke the news and admitted the cheating....the 18 billions in fines, damages it's what analysts prjected after the news...but could be a conservative measure....now even the german government and the UE woke up (as usual with their relaxed times) and are asking for investigations...

what's really funny it's a german car commercial that is appearing in italy for month (i don't remember the brand, maybe Opel) where the testimonial, Cladia Shiffer, goes on saying how "ok, the germans are not exactly famous for their humour, but they like to take seriously the important things, like building cars...."...well..... after this event.... :rotfl:

:dead:

Okay, sorry, but this scandal didn't CAUSE the pollution. There's just an extra 1 million tons of extra pollution we didn't know about :rotfl:

Why is this so funny to me? :lmao:

in the end the resigned VW ceo "risk" to have a payout of 66 millions of euro and... :chuckle: a VW car....

...oh...obviously he didn't know anything....

apparently the spanish government has stopped the investigation in spain, because they have told them that VW´s investments in spain could be in danger