Madonna Deluxe Boxsets

tasteinmen

I remember reading this a year or 2 ago, it got me pretty excited, but there appears to be no news about it. Does anybody know if deluxe Madonna albums are in the works??

Looking across the range of box sets in the market, they betray something of a bias towards rock music. Will other genres, like pop, ever get the same treatment? "I think Madonna's True Blue would work brilliantly," Chalmers says. "We are talking to Madonna and her reps about various product plans – but a record like that would work perfectly. I don't think it's limited to specific audiences."

Read more: http://www.madonnaglam.com/news/madonnas-true-blue-deluxe-to-reissue/

Even Nick Kaman has a deluxe reissue out with like 10 remixes of each time you break my heart

a-ha (who used to be on Warner) have just released a massive 30th anniversary edition of "Hunting High and Low", which is a turbo-boosted upgrade of the 25th anniversary edition. It contains four discs, including all of the video, demos for every track on the album (including several for "Take On Me"), remixes, single etc. etc. etc. Warners would have owned all of the masters, so they must have licensed them to Rhino. Of course, for anything like this to happen for Madonna, she would have to give them her full approval (since she retains the rights to her back catalogue).

a-ha (who used to be on Warner) have just released a massive 30th anniversary edition of "Hunting High and Low", which is a turbo-boosted upgrade of the 25th anniversary edition. It contains four discs, including all of the video, demos for every track on the album (including several for "Take On Me"), remixes, single etc. etc. etc. Warners would have owned all of the masters, so they must have licensed them to Rhino. Of course, for anything like this to happen for Madonna, she would have to give them her full approval (since she retains the rights to her back catalogue).

Rhino is part of Warner Brothers

Speaking of A-Ha, it's just been announced that they are reissuing 3 more albums expanded with tonnes of unreleased demos etc, and they've just released a new album. Apparently Rhino consulted SuperDeluxeEdition for advice, hopefully Warner do this IF they ever get around to reissuing the albums in deluxe form.

It would be great to have someone like Tom Parker who recently oversaw the Bananarama reissues for Edsel (they were fantastic and the most recent addition was a mammoth singles set).

I think True Blue would be a perfect way to start even though it's out of order. The 30th anniversary is approaching and it has the perfect amount of singles and videos and Herb Ritts' gorgeous photos to come up with a stunning box set (they could even include the Who's That Girl songs).