MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest Pud Whacker

Miley Cyrus

3 hours ago, alquemist said:

You really opened up the gender fluidity conversation, to the point where you can dress in ‘male’ clothes in the ‘Younger Now’ video and no one even comments. Is that success?

“I got to normalise it a little bit more. I did it in a less aggressive way where it was subliminally allowing all audiences to be a part of it and enjoy it. From the outside, like you said, ‘…Dead Petz’ wasn’t a record for everyone… I think it ended up shutting some doors in the way of people making themselves less mentally available to listen. They think, ‘I’m already pissed off so I’m not listening to that, she’s crazy’. In a way, ‘Younger Now’ is really about ageism and sexism too because I feel like as women get older it’s so hard, and I’m watching Madonna do it with such grace and such style and people still attack her… People just want to talk about how she shouldn’t do a f**king cartwheel at the Super Bowl and it’s like, why? Why can’t you still wear a grill, why can’t you still be a part of pop culture?

nme.com

:clap:

10 hours ago, Django said:

I really like the new album. I still think Dead Petz is her best, but her 3 last albums -Bangerzs, Dead Petz and Younger Now- are really solid pop efforts. So happy with Lust For Life, Younger Now, Rainbow and Witness. The best pop albums of the year. 

Thanks for the tips. Kesha's song "Woman" is a riot! 

Only expected to open with 40 to 55k?

1 hour ago, Skin said:

Only expected to open with 40 to 55k?

Well... Malibu and Younger now, both did bad on charts, unfortunately 

3 hours ago, runa said:

Well... Malibu and Younger now, both did bad on charts, unfortunately 

I thought Malibu was a good sized hit for her?

8 hours ago, Skin said:

I thought Malibu was a good sized hit for her?

It was. Peaked in the top 10 of the Hot 100 chart.

To top at 10 for a 1st single was not exactly the "hit" that was expected, I think. 

And Younger Now peaked at 79

Pop girls are bombing in general. Today most people in US consume urban music.

1 hour ago, runa said:

To top at 10 for a 1st single was not exactly the "hit" that was expected, I think. 

And Younger Now peaked at 79

Based on what? It's not like she's a #1s machine. She's only had one (Wrecking Ball) and that was 4 years ago. I think she's doing well all things considered.

1 hour ago, DitaDolla said:

My taste in music apart from Madonna is trash. 

Why so hard on yourself sis :fag:

Mah gurl Mahley, seeing a great new version of one of her best songs

ew 

i like the music. she has a special voice when she sings with a deeper register. I love the low notes. I started liking miley when she got the bad girl image. before that, I assumed she was a typical country/republican girl and I never really liked that cyrus family much. but miley herself seems like a sweet girl who speaks her mind. i think she's one of the few who is honest. she doesnt play the victim and supports what/who she believes in. she's one of those people who get so much shit but you can tell she's doing a lot of charity

and.. wrecking ball is an amazing song.. I think it's one of the best songs from the new girls (of the last say.. 10 years) not so much the chorus, but everything else.

11 hours ago, Vogue992 said:

wow, didn't expect miley to flop tbh

to be honest, Miley's adult career has never lived up to the media coverage received. Yes, We can’t stop was # 2 and Wrecking Ball touched # 1, but no other song after that was a success. the new album is charming but does not contain a catchy enough song to know a real popular success.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:36 AM, DitaDolla said:

New album is trash. 

I AGREE.

Not surprised this shit is flopping. People expected more after Malibu. 

Miley even says she's over this era...and we been knew.

On 1.10.2017 at 3:07 PM, Jester said:

Pop girls are bombing in general. Today most people in US consume urban music.

good.

Haven't heard the album but have big expectations after Malibu and younger now 

So today I found out that the lyric in Younger Now is "You know what goes up must come down" and not "You know what goes up my skirt now". :laugh:

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

So today I found out that the lyric in Younger Now is "You know what goes up must come down" and not "You know what goes up my skirt now". :laugh:

I like ur version better 

1 hour ago, alquemist said:

WORD.

The comment section is filled with extremely hateful conservative Republicans. Once more, white people proving that they're part of the problem

On 11/7/2017 at 10:06 AM, alquemist said:

WORD.

THIS.

And how many of her peers are willing to stand up like this.....  :newspaper: