Pharma Bro Martin Shkreli

LSD

Even Donald Trump thinks he's disgusting;

"This young guy raised the price to a level that’s absolutely ridiculous, and he looks like a spoiled brat to me. You want to know the truth? He looks like a spoiled brat. And he's a hedge-fund guy, who, as you know, the only one that I'm raising taxes on. They are going to be paying up. But I thought it was a disgusting thing, what he did. I thought it was a disgrace. I know, it’s terrible, but in particular, there’s something about that one, the way he raised it and to that extent and then he sat back smug like he was hot stuff. That guy is nothing. He's zero. He's nothing. He ought to be ashamed of himself. And I think probably, at some point, the public is going to get him to reduce it somewhat, but I think what he did was a disgrace ... I thought it was a disgrace."

Even Donald Trump thinks he's disgusting;

"This young guy raised the price to a level that’s absolutely ridiculous, and he looks like a spoiled brat to me. You want to know the truth? He looks like a spoiled brat. And he's a hedge-fund guy, who, as you know, the only one that I'm raising taxes on. They are going to be paying up. But I thought it was a disgusting thing, what he did. I thought it was a disgrace. I know, it’s terrible, but in particular, there’s something about that one, the way he raised it and to that extent and then he sat back smug like he was hot stuff. That guy is nothing. He's zero. He's nothing. He ought to be ashamed of himself. And I think probably, at some point, the public is going to get him to reduce it somewhat, but I think what he did was a disgrace ... I thought it was a disgrace."

ONCE in awhile Donald has his moments of sanity where I am like, holy shit. I agree with him on that. Once in awhile. :lol:

Honestly I am just waiting for him to say you know what. This whole running for President thing? I honestly didn't think people would literally take me seriously. I was just doing it just for the hell of it. :lol:

I have WAY too much time on my hands, so sorry for rambling, but I started thinking, this is the only drug combination approved by the USDA for the U.S. I wondered, hmm, is there any other medication out there? And in Mexico, there's a longer list of approved medications and a combination of medications so this price hike won't affect people here, and then I started researching this even more and yes, this is only the case in the U.S. All over the world there are other MUCH CHEAPER options for people with compromised immune systems to fight this infection.

So, in these cases, how does the USDA handle this? Do they just shrug and turn the other way even though they're well aware of the fact that there are other options out there and at the end of the day this is costing the country tons of money that could be spent on, I don't know, actually providing people decent care? I mean, this guy is a monster, yes, period, but shouldn't some of the blame also be placed on the USDA? It seems to me their decisions are very biased and are mostly in the benefit of drugs companies, and other big business, not consumers.

Of course, and not just in the US. It's the white Mafia system. Pharmaceutical companies could never do it without the help of GPs, surgeons, immunologists etc etc. I'm not saying there aren't honest doctors or honest workers in the healthcare system but for the most part it's a corrupt system

Look at how CEOs do back and forth from the board of very powerful pharma companies and top levels of the WHO. To them it's no conflict of interests whatsoever, even if it is. Look at the made up swine flu affair back in 2009 and several other examples of fraudulent behaviour.

That's US health politics for you.

As long as healthcare/medicine are operated as a 100% for-profit industry, this mentality from guys like this will always remain.

The fact that Jonas doesn't get a national holiday or praise at every turn, or tons of monuments built in his honor ASTOUNDS me.

The fact that so many alive today probably have no clue who he is saddens me to no end.

Some actually think that he is the cause of AIDS ... lol i kid you not oh and bill gates (smh )

• 4 weeks later...

Martin Shkreli’s massively expensive HIV drug now has a $1 competitor

“Today, some drug prices are simply out of control and we believe we may be able to help control costs by offering compounded alternatives to several sole source legacy generic drugs,” Baum said. “We are here to serve our patients and their physicians. We believe that when we do a great job serving our customers, our shareholders will also benefit.”

So far, Shkreli’s only response to his new competitor has been in a statement to U.S. Uncut, in which he simply said: “LOL."***

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2015/10/martin-shkrelis-massively-expensive-hiv-drug-now-has-a-1-competitor/

***WHAT A FUCKING DUMBASS !!!

• 1 month later...

He's back :manson:

Martin Shkreli: The 'most hated man in America' is raising the price of another form of drug

The man who increased the cost of an effective HIV drug by 5,500 per cent has now increased the price of another form of medicine.

Martin Shkreli has now increased the price of a medicine used to treat Chagas disease, a parasitic infection that can cause heart failure.

Mr Shkreli’s company, Turing Pharmacuticals, previously acquired the rights to the anti-HIV drug, Daraprim, before increasing the price from $13.50 to $700.

This time Mr Shkreli has bought a majority share in KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, allowing him to apply for exclusive selling rights to KaloBios’ benznidazole, a common drug used to treat Chigas in South America, where it is very prevelant.

It is reported by the New York Times that benznidazole currently costs between $50 to $100 for two months worth of treatment.

However the New York Times believe that the cost could soon be similar to that of a hepatitis C drug, which costs anywhere between $60,000 and $100,000 per course of treatment.

It is estimated 300,000 in the United States have Chagas disease.

Although the news does come as it is announced that America has suffered an outbreak of the kissing bug, which is one of the major ways Chagas disease is spread.

Many health centres currently offer the anti-Chagas drug for free, with the proposed pricing no longer making treatment available to a vast part of the US and South America’s population.

Mr Shkreli estimates that between 3,000 and 7,000 people will require treatment for the acute infection each year in the United States.

It has also been reported that Mr Shkreli is the owner of the single-copy Wu-Tang Clan album.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/martin-shkreli-the-most-hated-man-in-america-is-raising-the-price-of-another-form-of-drug-a6770661.html

• 1 month later...