Europe General Admission Time?

Confessions92

Does anyone know what time the doors open for early access and/or plain general admission tickets? It just says 8:00 on my tickets, but I imagine they must open the doors earlier?

For the Herning show, doors open at 6 p.m. for Early Entry ticket holders. When all Early Entry ticket holders have entered the arena, doors will open for everyone else.

The show is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. So far, no opening act has been announced.

knowing the italians & french ppl that will go.. i'd say the night before :p

:rotfl:

chelle, let me know... i have EE the day after...(or i could make a visit the 9th as i'm in paris from the 8th... :laugh: )

My train gets in about 11am, I may head there about 1 or 2. Hope thats enough time. French fans are cray!

I might be there in the morning. You should join when you arrive! :-)

My EE experiences in the past:

2008 - Dusseldorf - Arrived at 10am and there were already about 20 people in the line ahead of me. They let us in at 6pm (and you had to stay in your spot until the show started, because if you get a prime position, if you move away from it, you'll lose it - guaranteed). It was all very orderly, with some amazing girls at the front of the queue who allocated numbers to everyone so that people couldn't push in later in the day. Once we were in, people still tried to get in front or muscle in along the barriers (and push you further away from the catwalk/centre of the catwalk stage etc. etc.).

2008 - Rome - Arrived at at 10am and there were around 50 people already there. The MT admins organised numbers for everyone, which worked until about mid-afternoon when people who turned up then decided that they didn't want to respect the system, so it fell apart (charming!). When it looked like they were about to open the gates, all hell broke loose and people were being crushed against the one metal gate that everyone was trying to get through. Believe me, it was SCARY! We were let in around 6pm and then you had to stay in your spot until the show started around 9:30pm.

2012 - Berlin (Show 1) - Arrived at 10am and joined the very orderly queue. Numbers had been organised by people who had slept there overnight and everyone respected that system. The girls at the front had a list of the numbers and names and you could actually come and go as you pleased, which people did until around 3pm. Again, people who arrived late questioned the system and wanted to know why it was in place, but on the first day, everything worked smoothly.

2012 - Berlin (Show 2) - Arrived at 10am and joined another very orderly queue with the same people organising the number system. It worked the same way as the day before, although when more people started arriving later in the day, it became really difficult to maintain the order. At one stage, venue staff got everyone to move back, but when people did, latecomers jumped into the queue and the order was completely lost. Basically, people who wandered up to the EE gate at 5pm managed to get in before those who had been there since 10am. People complained, but you'd be surprised at how selfish some people can be!

2012 - Copenhagen (with Msig ;) ) - Arrived towards midday, as I'd won the GT contest and knew that only those who won tickets in the iPad lottery would be ahead of me. I still wanted to get as good a spot as possible, though, as we'd been told that even with GT passes, we'd be let in along with all of the "regular" EE people. There were about 40 people ahead of me in the EE line (another numbering system - completely respected by everyone in the queue this time, thank God!). They let everyone in at 6pm and then when everyone who was waiting at the EE gate when it opened had entered, they opened the GA gates. If you have an EE ticket and arrive after the gates open, you don't get special treatment - you'll be "stuck" behind anyone with a GA ticket who has already entered the venue.

That's basically my experience with EE! I've made it to the front row every time this way (near the tip of the triangle for two MDNA shows, smack bang at the end of the catwalk stage for S&S in Dusseldorf and near where the catwalk meets the main stage for S & S in Rome). It's a ridiculously long wait, but it's worth it! Having said that, I really don't know what it's going to be like lining up all day in the Parisian winter....!!!

But wait.. How do you manage so many hours not even able to go to a toilet?? Or not being exhausted before it starts.. And now I'm worried about my early entry to Amsterdam, what's the point if you don't get to go in an early entry line except if you spend the day there?

I also wonder, if you go in EE with seats, can you go out to have a cigarette and back in without the que again?

I must laugh though, in Oslo S&S GA outdoors venue I did leave my spot and my friend and pushed my way back to her. Only one idiotic man got very angry accusing me of pushing with my breasts! He was NOT a Madonna fan, as many weren't on that day and just there with his daughters.

I must add, the most rude and obnoxious Madonna concert goers have all been in Norway :( :( , I'm not proud of that. Even in the golden circle at MDNA people tried to force me and my friend not to dance, and someone was constantly trying to put an elbow in me getting in front of me.

But wait.. How do you manage so many hours not even able to go to a toilet?? Or not being exhausted before it starts.. And now I'm worried about my early entry to Amsterdam, what's the point if you don't get to go in an early entry line except if you spend the day there?

I also wonder, if you go in EE with seats, can you go out to have a cigarette and back in without the que again?

I must laugh though, in Oslo S&S GA outdoors venue I did leave my spot and my friend and pushed my way back to her. Only one idiotic man got very angry accusing me of pushing with my breasts! He was NOT a Madonna fan, as many weren't on that day and just there with his daughters.

I must add, the most rude and obnoxious Madonna concert goers have all been in Norway :( :( , I'm not proud of that. Even in the golden circle at MDNA people tried to force me and my friend not to dance, and someone was constantly trying to put an elbow in me getting in front of me.

its sometimes scary. for SS or confessions (not sure which one) in amsterdam people stood up out of nowhere 2 hours before we could enter and everyone pushed so hard i almost suffocated. no joke. lost a bag too. they don't care. its all about being at the front. this was at a stadium though. same for madrid (AWESOME people there though! but some were still scary. theres a clip of it online on youtube of hundreds of fans being "stuck") the craziest concert experiences are at madonnas concerts. and I've seen a lot of concerts.

its sometimes scary. for SS or confessions (not sure which one) in amsterdam people stood up out of nowhere 2 hours before we could enter and everyone pushed so hard i almost suffocated. no joke. lost a bag too. they don't care. its all about being at the front. this was at a stadium though. same for madrid (AWESOME people there though! but some were still scary. theres a clip of it online on youtube of hundreds of fans being "stuck") the craziest concert experiences are at madonnas concerts. and I've seen a lot of concerts.

That really dosen't sound safe at all.. i have never been able to try to stand at the very front in any Madonna concert, and the absolute largest venue I have been to was the olympic stadium in Rome (GA).

It may just be luck no one has been squeezed or trampled to death, after all it happened in the Roskilde festival and several football matches.

Perhaps me often being a little late is a blessing in disguise with Madonna concerts...

Aren't all the tickets numbered?? I thought it would solve many problems!

No one pays any attention to that whatsoever - it's all about who's prepared to line up outside the venue the longest (unless, of course, people think they have the right to rock up half an hour before the gates open, wreak havoc and create a mad, dangerous crush of Madonna fans!).

With it being arenas and the stage shes chosen I dont think anyone should worry as much, everyone gets a good view. Unless you forget your glasses! (nobody is stupid enough to do that are they?) :shutup: everyone does not just me! :order:

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with Barney actually. I nearly forgot how awesome the stage is. For once I wouldn't mind being closer to the back.

Vande, you should've gotten tickets for the 9th... I could've hold your glasses for you lol

oh, i thought about it later...i'm there from the 8th til 13th....but there's no tickets....and in the end my bf decided to come with me, so i guess i can't leave him alone 2 days.... :lol: