The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

If I understand correctly, LN has put the "sold out" level pretty low and even if they sell more tickets in the end they can only report the number off tickets sold from her originally "sold out " level. That's why the attendance is lower. But it also means she did made more money than to Billboard reported.

Is that right?

If I understand correctly, LN has put the "sold out" level pretty low and even if they sell more tickets in the end they can only report the number off tickets sold from her originally "sold out " level. That's why the attendance is lower. But it also means she did made more money than to Billboard reported.

Is that right?

Yes it is

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour: $46 Million Grossed (So Far)

madonna-tour-rebel-heart-chains-2015-bil

The diva's tour has played to more than 300,000 fans… and counting

Madonna heads up Billboard’s weekly ranking of concert touring artists, landing at No. 1 on the Hot Tours recap (see list, below) based on $25.4 million in sales reported from her Rebel Heart world tour. This tally includes the final 12 stops on the first leg of the tour that played 20 cities in North America during September and October.

Since the tour launched on Sept. 9, Madonna has performed for more than 300,000 fans at 24 shows, generating box office sales totaling $46 million. The trek through U.S. and Canadian markets wrapped on Oct. 29 in San Diego, but the tour began its second leg just six days later. A seven-week jaunt through 11 European countries began on Nov. 4 in Köln, Germany and will continue until Dec. 20, wrapping for the year in Glasgow, Scotland.

Top box-office stats from the tour so far include a $5.2 million gross from two shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sept. 16-17, the highest-grossing engagement among all of the venues on the schedule. The Garden’s sold ticket count of 28,371 is also the highest attendance recorded. Among the arenas that hosted the tour for just one performance, the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas produced the top sales total with $3.5 million on Oct. 24. Brooklyn’s Barclays Center logged the largest crowd among the single-show dates with 14,258 present on Sept. 19.

U2 follows at No. 2 in the Hot Tours ranking with $17.4 million reported from three arenas on the European leg of the band’s Innocence + Experience tour. Following a summer trek through North America that racked up $76.2 million at the box office, the 12-city run through Europe kicked off on Sept. 4 in Turin, Italy. Revenue from the first seven European venues adds $41.6 million to the tour’s overall sales total that currently tops out at $117.8 million. More than one million tickets have been sold at 58 performances on the six-month trek.

Sales from only five venues remain unreported on the 2015 arena tour that wraps at the end of the month in the Irish band’s home city of Dublin. The final engagement will be four performances at 3Arena on Nov. 23-24 and 27-28.

Zedd scores a slot on the Hot Tours roundup at No. 6 with $1.4 million in sales reported this week from 10 events on the Russian-German music producer’s world tour. With concerts set in Asia, North America and Europe from August through November, the tour supports his album True Colors that debuted in May. Since the tour kicked off on Aug. 6, reported grosses total $4.7 million from 115,947 sold tickets at 24 events.

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour: $46 Million Grossed (So Far)
madonna-tour-rebel-heart-chains-2015-bil
The diva's tour has played to more than 300,000 fans… and counting
Madonna heads up Billboard’s weekly ranking of concert touring artists, landing at No. 1 on the Hot Tours recap (see list, below) based on $25.4 million in sales reported from her Rebel Heart world tour. This tally includes the final 12 stops on the first leg of the tour that played 20 cities in North America during September and October.
Since the tour launched on Sept. 9, Madonna has performed for more than 300,000 fans at 24 shows, generating box office sales totaling $46 million. The trek through U.S. and Canadian markets wrapped on Oct. 29 in San Diego, but the tour began its second leg just six days later. A seven-week jaunt through 11 European countries began on Nov. 4 in Köln, Germany and will continue until Dec. 20, wrapping for the year in Glasgow, Scotland.
Top box-office stats from the tour so far include a $5.2 million gross from two shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Sept. 16-17, the highest-grossing engagement among all of the venues on the schedule. The Garden’s sold ticket count of 28,371 is also the highest attendance recorded. Among the arenas that hosted the tour for just one performance, the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas produced the top sales total with $3.5 million on Oct. 24. Brooklyn’s Barclays Center logged the largest crowd among the single-show dates with 14,258 present on Sept. 19.

Congratulations Madonna :clap: :clap:

And I love the comments :

Sara 6 hours ago

As a 40 something woman, I'm happy to see that while the 'little ones' squabble over free streams, the real legends are cashing in where it matters.

Funny how the media have not caught up on how virtually all the money in music is now in tours, and keep going on about 'streams' and (dead) album sales...

JoanCrawford1 an hour ago

Amazing! I do think it's weak that Janet is not releasing her poor ticket sales. Oh well, Madonna is off to an amazing start with 46 million!! She has so many more tour dates left. Legend!

Chris 12 hours ago

She's a hard working woman and deserves all the success with the Rebel Heart Tour, few can sellout arenas and stadiums 3 decades into a extraordinary career! ❤️

phtgrphr 13 hours ago

Well, again mama showed those wannabies Kety, Swift, Gaga and Beyonce how things are done. Will Madonna continue being the best when she's 75? I believe she will. Madonna is unbeatable.

1 Sticky and sweet tour 407.7m2 MDNA Tour 305.1m3 Confessions tour 194.7m4 Reinvention tour 124.7m5 Drowned world tour 76m6 Girlie show 70m7 Blond ambition tour 62.7m8 Rebel heart tour 48m aprox9 Who sthat girl tour 25m10 Virgin tour 5m

It's kind of silly to compare older concert takings and rankings with newer concerts. how about adjusting inflation to show comparability?

It's kind of silly to compare older concert takings and rankings with newer concerts. how about adjusting inflation to show comparability?

Even if those numbers are adjusted by inflation it's still hard to compare. The problem is that revenue streams in the music industry have changed so drastically. Touring is now the place to make money. Music sales (with the exception of a few) can be neglected. They are ridiculously low and people hardly make any money. Back in the 80s and 90s ticket sales were subsidized (for the lack of a better word) by record sales. Tours didn't have to be so profitable back then because album and single sales already generated a lot of money.

Even if those numbers are adjusted by inflation it's still hard to compare. The problem is that revenue streams in the music industry have changed so drastically. Touring is now the place to make money. Music sales (with the exception of a few) can be neglected. They are ridiculously low and people hardly make any money. Back in the 80s and 90s ticket sales were subsidized (for the lack of a better word) by record sales. Tours didn't have to be so profitable back then because album and single sales already generated a lot of money.

:thumbsup:

Can you imagine people willing to part with $400 for a concert back in the 80s, or 90s for that matter?

Now that technology has made a lot of things possible how can you expect them to want to part with $20 for a CD?

For big artists (not necessarily GH acts) they are ready to spend 20 times that to be part of the live experience

The complete reversal, Madonna has dominated both paradigms

And I love the comments :

As a 40 something woman, I'm happy to see that while the 'little ones' squabble over free streams, the real legends are cashing in where it matters. Funny how the media have not caught up on how virtually all the money in music is now in tours, and keep going on about 'streams' and (dead) album sales...

Exactly! :rotfl:

Guest gang bang

In not comparing Madonna s tours , its just how many Madonna tour s produced , as well since 2001 Billboard considers those figures without adjusting inflation

and yes in the previous page there is an explanation , 62.7 m in the 90s was more money than nowadays

The New York Post is idiotic to take something so successful and put a negative spin on it. How can the tour be a failure if most of the shows are filled to capacity? I remember them spreading the word that the RIT was a huge flop, despite selling out 5 shows.

What I'd like to know is if the final gross for the date is based on the technical sell-out number of tickets sold, or the actual number of tickets sold.

ie. if the technical sell-out number the MGS dates was 28,371 over two nights, but say she actually sold 30,000 tickets... if the final gross of US$ 5.2 million tied to 28,371 or 30,000 tickets?

Can you imagine people willing to part with $400 for a concert back in the 80s, or 90s for that matter?

Now that technology has made a lot of things possible how can you expect them to want to part with $20 for a CD?

For big artists (not necessarily GH acts) they are ready to spend 20 times that to be part of the live experience

YES!

Poor Rihanna who has to settle cheap digital singles and poor ticket sales.. :chuckle:

I think the final number is the tickets that were actually sold. Sometimes, tickets are given away and they don't count as ticket sales.

I'm pretty sure they charged Aussie fans $600 back in '93 for 'golden circle' tickets. I've still got the magazine somewhere with the article.

I'm pretty sure they charged Aussie fans $600 back in '93 for 'golden circle' tickets. I've still got the magazine somewhere with the article.

Golden circle were $200 which was one of the most expensive concert tickets ever seen in Australia at that time. My dad gave me just a standard ticket as an early xmas present & it cost hime $77 i think which was ridiculously expensive as well. I think he commented that it was more than hed ever spent on a concert ticket and was a few days wage i believe. Theres tv news on youtube where people are saying the price of tickets was more than their rent at the time but it was worth it to see Madonna.

The New York Post is idiotic to take something so successful and put a negative spin on it. How can the tour be a failure if most of the shows are filled to capacity? I remember them spreading the word that the RIT was a huge flop, despite selling out 5 shows.

They did because they were itching to try and write her off after AL (as a whole) flopped in the U.S.