The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

With only 10 shows she already grossed 25% of the total for the Artgrave tour which grossed a little over 80 million with 79 shows. :popcorn2:

She's over. She's on decline. Let's start a thread about it.

Oh I completely forgot that The Rolling Stones toured this year! Almost $110 million from just 15 dates!!!

110 million from just 15 dates!!!!!!? What in the WHAT!!!!? What were they touring? Unheard of MEGA stadiums that seat 200,000!?

And its ok for Madonna to ask for $150 at stadiums with 60,000 people?

what did I say to deserve that attitude? madonna asks between $40 and $150 or $200 for a stadium ticket. NOT $150 or $200 for ALL tickets. if that were the case SS would've grossed double.

They just play and sing.

Madonna is a much more difficult show.

She should charge more.

She fully deserves expendive prices.

Shes earned it.

People tend to buy bargains and it doesnt help her box score.

Can you blame fans for snapping up "bargains".

I feel sorry for the fans so have forked out top $$$ for tickets only to be sat next to people who have bought there's for next to nothing.

They just play and sing.

Madonna is a much more difficult show.

She should charge more.

She fully deserves expendive prices.

Shes earned it.

People tend to buy bargains and it doesnt help her box score.

At current price levels her tickets are not selling like pancakes as before, to the point that some shows have been heavily discounted (in some cases 70 USD for floor tickets, of course this is an extreme and its not common, but it did happen)..with that landscape, how do you expect her to even raise her ticket prices more? She can get away with doing that in some regions perhaps, but definitely not in North America and/or Europe where she has saturated the market.

IT's amazing how she's getting so much good press for the first 10 reported shows everywhere and the only negativity is coming from her fans expecting her to do 5 millions per show and complaining that her tickets should have been more expensive to achieve those impossible numbers...seriously :lol:

IT's amazing how she's getting so much good press for the first 10 reported shows everywhere and the only negativity is coming from her fans expecting her to do 5 millions per show and complaining that her tickets should have been more expensive to achieve those impossible numbers...seriously :lol:

Thank you. We are not accountants on Madonna's payroll but her fans. The concerts are making millions anyway and there is no need to compare to other artists who are completely different in every way to her. Madonna is not a rock n roll group that attracts stacks of older men who go to rock concerts like the Rolling Stones or the latest new pop girl on the block. Fans and critics are raving about this tour and it is doing great business. That is something to be very happy about. I love it that she is doing arenas and everyone that goes seems to be moved and talks of wanting to see more concerts.

I have a feeling m and her team took everything into account when they planned for the tour. Remember the mdna special Paris show? Ms publicist mentioned that the production cost for that smaller show was one million. They knew that this tour is an arena tour and won't sell as many tickets. That's why they have to manage the budget carefully. I like both mdna and rebel heart tour equally, but I feel they are differnt kinda shows. One was more threatrical and the other is intimate and interactive. At the end of the day, they still want to make similar profits. I believe the rebel heart tour will end up lasting longer. That is why dancing is a little less intensive for this tour so that m can do it doe more dates. As far as I can see, ct was a arena tour while s&s and mdna were stadium tours. The former was less dance intensive while the latter two were. I feel that rebel heart tour is similar to ct, but lasting for long and more dates, possible a second leg and might still ending with 250 to 300 million.

A tour of Rebel Heart tour's magnitude will have easily cost a $100 million dollars to produce, so as long a M makes back that cost and a tidy profit for herself, she's doing fine with the numbers she's grossing.

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember when someone said Katy Perrys your cost more than MDNA to produce :lmao:

I can't remember who but that made me chuckle

Remember when someone said Katy Perrys your cost more than MDNA to produce :lmao:

I can't remember who but that made me chuckle

That was me quoting 'andifeel' quoting his industry contacts. I don't see why he would lie about it.

Anyway, maybe Madge could make the entire arena VIP tix next tour... Yaaaas slay 400m record-breaking queen etc etc....

Well, Rolling Stones tour numbers are really impressive, but to put things a little into perspective the tour is only 15 dates, it's to promote the deluxe edition of one of their most iconic albums, Sticky Fingers, also the setlist consists of hits from that album plus other legendary songs such as Start Me Up, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Sympathy for the Devil, Gimme Shelter among others. All songs are from the 60s and 70s but two: Start Me Up from 1981 and Doom And Gloom from 2012. It's like if Madonna made a tour with a set list mainly consisting of songs from The Immaculate Collection and GHV2 plus Hung Up and Turn Up The Radio. Now imagine that.

Well, Rolling Stones tour numbers are really impressive, but to put things a little into perspective the tour is only 15 dates, it's to promote the deluxe edition of one of their most iconic albums, Sticky Fingers, also the setlist consists of hits from that album plus other legendary songs such as Start Me Up, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Sympathy for the Devil, Gimme Shelter among others. All songs are from the 60s and 70s but two: Start Me Up from 1981 and Doom And Gloom from 2012. It's like if Madonna made a tour with a set list mainly consisting of songs from The Immaculate Collection and GHV2 plus Hung Up and Turn Up The Radio. Now imagine that.

what about tix prices?

how much do they charge in order to have that kind of figure?

any idea?

I think she is doing really good. Anything above 200M should be considered a huge success.

The us dollar change in many countries is really affecting touring numbers. And she has been touring non stop since 2001.

Right now with the confirmed dates I'm predicting:

North America: $80M

Europe: $60

Asia: $40

Oceania: $25

Total: $205

I also feel she will add 5-10 more dates. The show doesn't seem as demading as MDNA for her and there is room for something in April which is the last month of their contracts.

Any confirmation that she is not doing SA for sure this time? There is a new arena in Buenos Aires which would be really great for this tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

That was me quoting 'andifeel' quoting his industry contacts. I don't see why he would lie about it.

Anyway, maybe Madge could make the entire arena VIP tix next tour... Yaaaas slay 400m record-breaking queen etc etc....

Oh I thought it was KatyPatra :lmao: