So... Sean Penn

karbatal

I always thought it was about Annette Bening and Warren Beatty.

I think it's both since Stephen Ira the wonderful trans son of Warren & Annette is born in january of 1992 while Dylan is born in april of 1991. I remember her saying that every man had a baby after they left her or something.

Why though? Should be someone in the music industry. :wow:

Because she is looking to break into the industry and needs a partner to learn from and grow with and who will provide practical support that allows them both to pursue their personal goals. Could even end up being another man like Guy who is a huge folk music fan and believes that the score is the most important part of a movie. :) I actually have someone in mind but am not telling yet. :D

Sean Penn was a sulky, abusive drunk when he was married to Madonna. On top of the domestic violence. He admitted that he was drunk throughout most of their marriage. I never found them to be a great couple but I know I am in the minority as most Madonna fans love them together.

Sean Penn was a sulky, abusive drunk when he was married to Madonna. On top of the domestic violence. He admitted that he was drunk throughout most of their marriage. I never found them to be a great couple but I know I am in the minority as most Madonna fans love them together.

My guess is it's a difference of opinion between those of us who are old enough to remember this period and younger fans. But undoubtedly she has cared about him through the years from what she has said.

My guess is it's a difference of opinion between those of us who are old enough to remember this period and younger fans. But undoubtedly she has cared about him through the years from what she has said.

If it were mutual that would be another deal. But even aside from abusing her in every way possible he has never spoken of Madonna in the glowing terms of Robin or Charlize and has never invited her anywhere public but Haiti as far as I know, probably afraid to provide too much encouragement ???

If it were mutual that would be another deal. But even aside from abusing her in every way possible he has never spoken of Madonna in the glowing terms of Robin or Charlize and has never invited her anywhere public but Haiti as far as I know, probably afraid to provide too much encouragement ???

He did when they were married. Plus, all of his friends used to comment on how much he adored her. He was sulky and hated the press when he was married to her, so did not do many interviews. It would be near impossible for him to talk glowingly about her later as he was married to Robin. Would look odd to be raving about an ex wife when married to someone else.

Pretty sure "Thief of Hearts" is not about Annette B. M never seemed THAT emotionally invested with Warren and she refused his marriage proposal. I bet she didn't give a shit when he got together with her.

He did when they were married. Plus, all of his friends used to comment on how much he adored her. He was sulky and hated the press when he was married to her, so did not do many interviews. It would be near impossible for him to talk glowingly about her later as he was married to Robin. Would look odd to be raving about an ex wife when married to someone else.

Sean and Robin broke up and got back together so many times in part to keep the family together but he has certainly had his chances with Madonna, and just never taken them.

Sean and Robin broke up and got back together so many times in part to keep the family together but he has certainly had his chances with Madonna, and just never taken them.

What makes you think Madonna would have taken him back ? I think Madonna fans over-play their now friendship and get caught up in this false idea of rekindled romance. They both seem to have a mature type of friendship now. He goes to her concerts and went to her Secret Project launch so is obviously on very friendly terms with her and supportive of her. She supported his Haiti work and even took her son Rocco so not a romantic type of catch up. They are friends and probably always will be.

What makes you think Madonna would have taken him back ? I think Madonna fans over-play their now friendship and get caught up in this false idea of rekindled romance. They both seem to have a mature type of friendship now. He goes to her concerts and went to her Secret Project launch so is obviously on very friendly terms with her and supportive of her. She supported his Haiti work and even took her son Rocco so not a romantic type of catch up. They are friends and probably always will be.

Thank you!

They hang out once in a while, but I think the press keeps blowing up every time they hang out together. They haven't been married in 26 years. Though at 4:07 his reaction to talking about Madonna is interesting below, keep in mind this was in 1995.

I had that in mind, Webo Girl. And there was another interview where he said she was more like a date than a wife.

Yes, he used to be a jerk and put her down for quite a while after their divorce. Sort of par to the course when people go through bad breakups. Still, did not portray him in a good light. Transparent behaviour and immature though. They married in 1985 so 30 years back. If he did not "like" her that much as some are sort of suggesting, he would not be going to her concerts or associating with her. He would just avoid her. So, I think they are now friends and that is it.

That is interesting because exes usually only put one another down when they still have feeling for each other. When you're over your ex usually you simply just don't care enough to bad mouth them.

When people break up in bad circumstances, there is often some nastiness and put downs. As years go on, it can subside and people can care enough about each other to then become friends. Have seen it happen many times.

Here's the thing, and I kinda have a strong feeling about this. Speaking from (several) marital experiences, no one outside really knows what goes on in your marriage. And, I believe that's true for celebrities too.

Outsiders will speculate and blame until the cows come home, but they don't know the truth. Same goes for Madonna and Sean. They had intimate talks that we don't know about. ..just the two of them.

So, even if there was spousal abuse, she could have made her peace with it before they even divorced.

Media cameras and news reports do not tell it like it is.

Also, spousal abuse comes in many different forms.

They hang out once in a while, but I think the press keeps blowing up every time they hang out together. They haven't been married in 26 years. Though at 4:07 his reaction to talking about Madonna is interesting below, keep in mind this was in 1995.

lmfao! That's quite shocking, smoking in a live TV studio in the mid 90s, I know Carson used to smoke. Dead @ his reaction. Did Jay forget about the legendary Shanghai?

Yes, he used to be a jerk and put her down for quite a while after their divorce. Sort of par to the course when people go through bad breakups. Still, did not portray him in a good light. Transparent behaviour and immature though. They married in 1985 so 30 years back. If he did not "like" her that much as some are sort of suggesting, he would not be going to her concerts or associating with her. He would just avoid her. So, I think they are now friends and that is it.

I agree with this. He did act like a jerk where she concerned on serval occasion, in the public eye.

Here's the thing, and I kinda have a strong feeling about this. Speaking from (several) marital experiences, no one outside really knows what goes on in your marriage. And, I believe that's true for celebrities too.

Outsiders will speculate and blame until the cows come home, but they don't know the truth. Same goes for Madonna and Sean. They had intimate talks that we don't know about. ..just the two of them.

So, even if there was spousal abuse, she could have made her peace with it before they even divorced.

Media cameras and news reports do not tell it like it is.

Also, spousal abuse comes in many different forms.

True, agree with you and I have had that type of experience too. Also, Madonna never likes to be thought of as a victim. They have obviously sorted through things and have a friendship now.

Didn't Madonna attend Rocco's birthday party with Guy there? I think she could be one of those rare people who can break up with somebody but still remain friends, even though her songs demonstrate how much pain they've caused...

True, agree with you and I have had that type of experience too. Also, Madonna never likes to be thought of as a victim. They have obviously sorted through things and have a friendship now.

Totally true. Also, hind-sight really is 20/20.

I don't know how many times I have thought back, when I was in an altercation with an ex and thought to myself, 'I could have handled that better'.

Or, 'what was I thinking?'

Passion is passionate and can throw you for a loop!

:wow::sassy: :sassy:

When I look at this, I see regret in her eyes. I really feel for her.

I know her persona is "absolutely no regrets". I believe Sean is the exception and always has been.

You never get over 'the love of your life'. Never!

But, you do move on.

lmfao! That's quite shocking, smoking in a live TV studio in the mid 90s, I know Carson used to smoke. Dead @ his reaction. Did Jay forget about the legendary Shanghai?

He's notorious for that. I remember in the Nerdiest podcast Gillian mentioned how he used to smoke during the Golden Globes throughout the whole evening and no one had the guts to tell him to put off the fag. :rotfl:

didn't know sean wasn't too sympathetic about M after their divorce. which reminds me, 6 months (or not more than 12 months) after the divorce with Guy he did say to a journalist "I still love her, so there you go" or something like that. I remember it very well cuz the article said he run a few red lights and had beers behind the wheel. always hated how the british press made it seem that Guy was happy to be "released" from madonna, when she's the one who filed for divorce.