Madonna to star Netflix season 2 of 'Narcos'

Plasticlimbo

http://thestudioexec.com/madonna-to-star-in-narcos-season-2/

le-pirate-a-l-origine-du-leak-de-rebel-h

HOLLYWOOD – After weeks of speculation, Netflix have announced that Madonna will play a leading role in season two of their latest smash-hit original show, Narcos.

“We looked at several actors but we kept coming back to Madonna,” said a studio insider:

She’s got exactly the right qualities the character requires, She’s feminine, glamorous but she’s also also a tough businesswoman. Wagner Moura was exceptional as Pablo Escobar and we needed someone with that kind of gravitas.

Although Netflix were reluctant to reveal which character Madonna is playing, rumours on social media have suggested she will be taking on the role of Griselda Blanco, a key member of the Medellín Cartel known as La Madrina (The Godmother).

“We’re very pleased that Madonna, a woman, is going to play such a significant role in a major television series,” said feminist writer, Ruth Bloom.

I was hugely disappointed when they cast a man as Pablo Escobar. Netflix had the opportunity to make a real statement and I know that Jessica Alba narrowly missed out. The company is a trailblazer when it comes to equal opportunities but there is still a long way to go. For example, I actively campaigned for them to cast Melissa McCarthy as The Punisher in Daredevil season two but they sent me a polite message saying that on this occasion, the creators of the series have decided to opt for a male actor to play the role.

Meanwhile in other VOD news, Amazon Prime are said to be cutting costs after pouring their entire 2016 budget into acquiring the car show, Top Gear.

“It’s a disgrace,” said community manager, Ross Nee on Twitter.

Our free Friday bacon sandwiches have been reduced from four rashers to three! I’m seriously considering moving to HBO.

Narcos season 2 is due for release in 2016.