ICONIC intro video discush (Wheel me away in a gurney please?)

Ai Papi Si.

Oh the rankette is so hard right now! I need to see Iconic again!!!

To be honest it's a very difficult rankette! Almost as difficult as ranking the tours themselves. However, No. 9 and No. 10 are set in stone! :rotfl:

• 2 months later...

Ok, let's not let this thread die. Over 40 shows so far, let's keep the discussion going!

I've been watching this video/performance on repeat for the past hour and a half!

I couldn't rank the tour openings. I've only seen S&S, MDNA and RH live. I honestly can't say if I like MDNA or RH opening better...They are borth brilliant. I didn't like the S&S opening...well I liked it of course but it's not comparable to MDNA or RH in my opinion. Since I've seen her live I've been watching RH intro over and over again. The moment when she says "Are you with me" is just sooooo good. My friend, who has never seen her live before was just saying "wow...wow...wow" all the time! I got goosebumps and still get them when I watch it.

Like several of the images from 2005's Confessions On A Dance Floor, the statue bits of the "Iconic" video are lifted from The Who's Tommy.

In Ken Russell's film, a blind Tommy is taken to a Church Of Marilyn (read: cult) where he is promised to regain his vision:

vlcsnap-7908416.png

Tommy_KenRussell_Marilyn.gif

cd875a1e2277c63bfe747f229c856d79.jpg

TOMMY.81e.gif

tumblr_nt23uuSQjI1r3tiuvo2_r1_500.gif

marilyn%20church_zpsib2ch1qd.png

ken-russell-monroe.jpg

OMG, thanks for pointing that out!

The shot of her running with the army following her :dramatic:

Yes it's everything! Overall I'd say it's not my favourite opener - BAT, RIT, Confessions and MDNA were even more impressing and built up even more hype for her entrance too IMO..but the video definitely is a visual masterpiece!!

The shot of her running with the army following her :dramatic:

Yes it's everything! Overall I'd say it's not my favourite opener - BAT, RIT, Confessions and MDNA were even more impressing and built up even more hype for her entrance too IMO..but the video definitely is a visual masterpiece!!

Yasss. The cool thing about the RH intro is that it's the first time she presented a distinct, concrete narrative in the intro. Usually any messages/dialogue gets lost in the sound system/audience cheers but I think she did a really great job of setting up the whole theme.