ICONIC intro video discush (Wheel me away in a gurney please?)

Ai Papi Si.

New video from the second show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHhUXNoyfM

LOL @ wow shes on time again

:rotfl:

She sooo learned her lesson after 2012!!! Those ticketmaster reviews probably spooked her. :chuckle:

Anyway, enough about THAT.

I'd love to hear everyone's nterpretations of the photoshoot and video! At first I was like "um what does Sooner Or Later Madonna have to do with a samurai warrior?" But now I think I'm kinda getting it.

Ugh. You don't know how hard it is for me not to push play. Its taking every fiber of my being to not watch it!!!!!!!!

Just have to keep thinking, "5 more days. 5 more days. 5 more days. 5 more days."

How does it compare to MDNA and Confessions opening which are my top 2?

I have the same questions Papi... I'm looking forward to seeing all the various interpretations here.

I'm still not sure myself. The imagery carries into parts of the background for the 'Iconic' performance itself, esp. at the end.

Ugh. You don't know how hard it is for me not to push play. Its taking every fiber of my being to not watch it!!!!!!!!

Just have to keep thinking, "5 more days. 5 more days. 5 more days. 5 more days."

It's more in line with the Confessions opening but not quite as epic as MDNA.

I'll be honest, it's not as good as those two, but it comes pretty close. Those two openings are hard to top anyway. I won't give anything away. I think what made CT and MDNA so powerful (for ME...) was everything just meshing together perfectly; imagery, song choice, choreography, and costuming. It was like lightning in a bottle on both those tours. It's not as instantly iconic (to use an overused word) on this tour, but that's not a read, it's still really intense and thrilling, it's just VERY different costume-wise, and maybe a bit more "tame" this time.

It's definitely better than S&S of course, and it's actually better than RIT for me. I am positive i'm in the minority on that, but I felt The Beast Within intro dragged too long and I'm just not a huge fan of that weird mix they used for Vogue, or those silly yoga poses, and I really feel it was rendered irrelevant by the Confessions intro. It was great at the time but it hasn't aged well, IMO.

Sounds good enough for me.

Even what many consider to be her least thrilling opening (For Sticky and Sweet) was still pretty cool live. Way better in person then the way they captured it on the DVD.

I feel like the intro video is maybe her visual take on a song like Joan of Arc, only this time Madonna's not willing to burn at the stake. The nastiness of social media or the the press or just the world in general, hellbent on destroying the spirit of an artist, and nearly succeeding. She survives the vicious assault and strips away her performance garb to come back as a fearless warrior and leads her troops to battle.

Pretty straightforward now that I'm writing it out I guess :lol:

MY VISION

first they want to know you (I m a woman /blond / tits &ass ... )

then they want to love you ( M making love /BLACK&WHITE )

then they ridicule you ( show your ass baby / do that dance you do so well for us baby ) there were times when an artists had to perform in front of their oppressor to save lives )

then they kill you ( the fascist army torture the artist and M is on blood )

and only after they build monument to celebrate you ( the living statue carried on altar by people/wannabes )

but in the video she let her statue first carried on that altar brought down to pieces while M.Tyson scream " I ll never fall and if I did I ll come back "

and there she she is .

MY VISION

first they want to know you (I m a woman /blond / tits &ass ... )

then they want to love you ( M making love /BLACK&WHITE )

then they ridicule you ( show your ass baby / do that dance you do so well for us baby ) there were times when an artists had to perform in front of their oppressor to save lives )

then they kill you ( the fascist army torture the artist and M is on blood )

and only after they build monument to celebrate you ( the living statue carried on altar by people/wannabes )

but in the video she let her statue first carried on that altar brought down to pieces while M.Tyson scream " I ll never fall and if I did I ll come back "

and there she she is .

Wow. This makes a lot of sense...was kind of what I was thinking too.

Yes, please. It's one of the best videos of her career.

The concept is the same of the Secret Project. The death of the "pop icon" as we know and the birth of the "rebel icon". LOVE IT!

Someone please beg Guy Oseary to upload this asap.

The "ARE YOU WITH ME?" part it's already one of my favorites things of her existence. :wow: Lead your army Madonna!! :drama:

I feel like the intro video is maybe her visual take on a song like Joan of Arc, only this time Madonna's not willing to burn at the stake. The nastiness of social media or the the press or just the world in general, hellbent on destroying the spirit of an artist, and nearly succeeding. She survives the vicious assault and strips away her performance garb to come back as a fearless warrior and leads her troops to battle.

Pretty straightforward now that I'm writing it out I guess :lol:

Yeah agree.

It's her best video intro ever.

The intro also reminds me somewhat of what we saw of the visuals in Michael Jacksons This Is It - very military, mixed with the RIT and Confessions intro

TII3mj_zps3zzoz7sv.jpg

I need to rewatch it. I can't get the visuals out of my head. When it got to the cage portion of the video, I honestly thought MJ and Prince would be in cages too, showing the beaten and used icons of their former self.

I loved the whole thing.

PERFECTION.

And I love your interpretations. I think it's a metaphor of our society : our icons are beaten up, but Madonna survives because she's a fighter with ideas, and because she's helped by an army (her fans).

Like several of the images from 2005's Confessions On A Dance Floor, the statue bits of the "Iconic" video are lifted from The Who's Tommy.

In Ken Russell's film, a blind Tommy is taken to a Church Of Marilyn (read: cult) where he is promised to regain his vision:

vlcsnap-7908416.png

Tommy_KenRussell_Marilyn.gif

cd875a1e2277c63bfe747f229c856d79.jpg

TOMMY.81e.gif

tumblr_nt23uuSQjI1r3tiuvo2_r1_500.gif

marilyn%20church_zpsib2ch1qd.png

ken-russell-monroe.jpg