DC 9/12 VERIZON CENTER 3rd NIGHT

Stephen

I'm finally home and have some time to write my impressions of the show.

Let me just start by saying that any negative judgment any one makes based solely on pictures and low quality videos are so WRONG! The show was absolutely amazing! I honestly think that of the 3 tours I've attended (S&S, MDNA, and now RH) this has been the most fun one yet. MDNA will always be special to me because I got to see her up close in the Golden Triangle and the show itself was mind-blowing, but I think RH is slightly better (to my taste).

I was in section 6, to the right of the tip of the heart, and I had an excellent view for most of the show. However, when she was at the main stage (which was ~40% of the time) it was a bit far, although that's may also be because I'm pretty short and always struggle to get a good view at concerts :sad: (I'm 5'2). I'm sure that the show is a blast no matter where one sits, and I have no complaints about the people that were around me during the show. Everyone around me was dancing and singing, which made the experience even more fun. I must say, the D.C. crowd >>> Houston crowds

The set list makes so much sense live, and I think that one of the biggest strengths of the tour is that her "oldies-but'goodies" are placed perfectly. The crowd ate up every one of her older hits and she seemed so freaking happy throughout the whole thing! The first section is the darkest, and although it was visually stunning (wow at the entire Holy Water sequence), I felt that all of the other sections were more engaging, probably because she was so interactive with the crowd, and the performances were all around very light-hearted. She was so hilarious and just plain cute!

I've read comments of people criticizing the ITG/Everybody/Lucky Star medley stating that it brings down the energy of the show, and it may be because it was performed by the heart so I had a great view of it, but I couldn't disagree more. Everyone was dancing and singing along, it was one of the highlights of the show!

I was also pleasantly surprised by Candy Shop, it just worked so well right after Music.

I don't know if this also happened at her Canada shows but after she sang La Vie en Rose, she asked one of her dancers for a light, at which point a lot of people around the arena pulled out their phones, pointing the flash lights at the stage. It was pretty cool and you can see it in this video I shot from last night (starts @1:21)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwCX37s524

Oh and as a side note, I saw Heather chatting away with one of the venue's security guy's before the show. She had the cape that went along with the Dancing Queen outfit too! And if I remember correctly her seat was right in front of the heart so that probably made her more visible to whomever it is that choses the fan that goes up to dance with Madonna. Here's a pic I snapped of her before the show.dmPs2rJ.jpg?1

Overall, AMAZING show! I'm still reeling from it all. Everyone was raving about it afterwards too. I noticed that casual fans were particularly impressed. Going in I was slightly disappointed that she doesn't sing Inside Out, but that was quickly forgotten with how amazing the HC/LDLA, LAV, True Blue, and D&D performances were. I wish I could see her again :/

These are a couple of pics from my view last night

5tuzBwi.jpg

ftmZCGR.jpg

Oh awesome I hope everyone on mnation got to see!

I got to see it! Thanks so much! It was wonderful! My burning question is though, just how hard did your nipples get during LDLHA?

I'm still in recovery mode from last night!! This morning was UGLY for me....lol. I have no voice and I'm pretty certain DC is dry of vodka today thanks to me. SHE was fucking AMAZING!!! HOW does she do this to me time and time again?!?! The energy in that place last night was amazing. She kept the crowd up and responsive for the entire show. I'm ALL for the MDNA type shows but the energy in the crowd is always so amazing when she does this kind of show. I just find it so fascinating that her whole persona seems to completely change from tour to tour. Just three years ago in the same venue, I saw the darker, aggressive, more angry Madonna on stage. Last night, I had the privilege of seeing the "new", warm, charming, sweet Madonna. She was radiant and in such a great mood with the energy of a teenager. The clips I watched prior did not do this show justice! I would definitely group this tour in the WTG, RIT, S&S category more than the BA, DWT, MDNA category. By that I mean this is a concert more than a show that tells a story. The Iconic, epic opening would lead you to believe you are in for a somewhat "dark" show but the mood quickly lightens with BIM. BU was a big highlight for me! I think Madonna with the electric guitar is so sexy!! I think her voice on this tour is easily her best since RIT.....maybe even before. Body Shop and TB really showed it off as did HC/LDLHA......all of these seemed to be crowd pleaders. I was somewhat surprised at the reception of LDLHA when she began singing it. LAV was the absolute highlight for me! I love when it's just her on stage. How can one person have so much star quality and charisma!? She really could do a full show with just her and the audience would still love her. The whole "Spanish" section was perfection!!! What a treat to get to hear DYU/LS/ITG/Everybody......naturally it brought the house down. WTG.....wow! I nearly started to cry with this one. Another song that really showcased that gorgeous voice. Really loved RH live as well! Despite the fact it's not the most well known song by the casual fans, it really got a warm reception. I think it's placement in the show was perfect. Loved the fan art too! Music, MG, UB, Holiday, HEATHER!! All major highlights for me. Yes she KILLED it with Candy Shop. If anyone has a problem with this performance then, well, sorry......you are not a fan....lol. I did not find Holiday to be abrupt or awkward as has been mentioned before. Perhaps it's because I kind of knew what to expect but that encore and performance worked very well, seemed to make the crowd happy. And for the record......the place was as packed as every other "flop" show I've attended at this arena. People really need to get a grip with that shit. EVERY Madonna show I've ever attended, "sold out" for months or not had tickets available the day of the show. Also, no she doesn't dance as "hard" as MDNA but she's hardly a dead fish on stage just standing there. The show lacks in nothing! If I wasn't sure before last night, I am sure now that I CANNOT see this show just once! I'm going to have to find a way to get to Atlanta in Jan. I don't see how one of her fans couldn't like this show, so all of you with your irrelevant nit picky ass opinions, feel free to give me your ticket. Quite frankly, at this "feel good" "light hearted" love fest, there is no place for your cynical, whiny asses.

And OMG @ Holy Water/Vogue!!! Scandaldonna in all her glory! Definitely a highlight for me too!!

Also, no she doesn't dance as "hard" as MDNA but she's hardly a dead fish on stage just standing there.

:dead: I totally agree. I think often people forget how difficult it is to make live performance seem easy and effortless. Madonna still moves with more grace, fluidity, and precision than ANYONE else out there on the pop scene. If it's so easy, how come no one else manages to do anything but jerky motions or shaking their butts for "dancing"?

:dead: I totally agree. I think often people forget how difficult it is to make live performance seem easy and effortless. Madonna still moves with more grace, fluidity, and precision than ANYONE else out there on the pop scene. If it's so easy, how come no one else manages to do anything but jerky motions or shaking their butts for "dancing"?

Exactly! And "less dancing" in this case is like her in DWT.....she still danced her ass off......but it was less than GS and BA prior. You are so right......reason #947 she is the most amazing pop star ever is her ability to move with so much grace! I've always been impressed with that when it comes to her.

Thanks all! Can't wait for those of you who have yet to see the show to experience it!

I'm still in recovery mode from last night!! This morning was UGLY for me....lol. I have no voice and I'm pretty certain DC is dry of vodka today thanks to me. SHE was fucking AMAZING!!! HOW does she do this to me time and time again?!?! The energy in that place last night was amazing. She kept the crowd up and responsive for the entire show. I'm ALL for the MDNA type shows but the energy in the crowd is always so amazing when she does this kind of show. I just find it so fascinating that her whole persona seems to completely change from tour to tour. Just three years ago in the same venue, I saw the darker, aggressive, more angry Madonna on stage. Last night, I had the privilege of seeing the "new", warm, charming, sweet Madonna. She was radiant and in such a great mood with the energy of a teenager. The clips I watched prior did not do this show justice! I would definitely group this tour in the WTG, RIT, S&S category more than the BA, DWT, MDNA category. By that I mean this is a concert more than a show that tells a story. The Iconic, epic opening would lead you to believe you are in for a somewhat "dark" show but the mood quickly lightens with BIM. BU was a big highlight for me! I think Madonna with the electric guitar is so sexy!! I think her voice on this tour is easily her best since RIT.....maybe even before. Body Shop and TB really showed it off as did HC/LDLHA......all of these seemed to be crowd pleaders. I was somewhat surprised at the reception of LDLHA when she began singing it. LAV was the absolute highlight for me! I love when it's just her on stage. How can one person have so much star quality and charisma!? She really could do a full show with just her and the audience would still love her. The whole "Spanish" section was perfection!!! What a treat to get to hear DYU/LS/ITG/Everybody......naturally it brought the house down. WTG.....wow! I nearly started to cry with this one. Another song that really showcased that gorgeous voice. Really loved RH live as well! Despite the fact it's not the most well known song by the casual fans, it really got a warm reception. I think it's placement in the show was perfect. Loved the fan art too! Music, MG, UB, Holiday, HEATHER!! All major highlights for me. Yes she KILLED it with Candy Shop. If anyone has a problem with this performance then, well, sorry......you are not a fan....lol. I did not find Holiday to be abrupt or awkward as has been mentioned before. Perhaps it's because I kind of knew what to expect but that encore and performance worked very well, seemed to make the crowd happy. And for the record......the place was as packed as every other "flop" show I've attended at this arena. People really need to get a grip with that shit. EVERY Madonna show I've ever attended, "sold out" for months or not had tickets available the day of the show. Also, no she doesn't dance as "hard" as MDNA but she's hardly a dead fish on stage just standing there. The show lacks in nothing! If I wasn't sure before last night, I am sure now that I CANNOT see this show just once! I'm going to have to find a way to get to Atlanta in Jan. I don't see how one of her fans couldn't like this show, so all of you with your irrelevant nit picky ass opinions, feel free to give me your ticket. Quite frankly, at this "feel good" "light hearted" love fest, there is no place for your cynical, whiny asses.

And OMG @ Holy Water/Vogue!!! Scandaldonna in all her glory! Definitely a highlight for me too!!

Agree so much with everything you said! Holiday was the perfect closer and I loved seeing people in every section of the arena up and dancing to it. It definitely brought down the house, just as a closing song should!!

If there's one thing I've learned about Madonna fans is that they WILL find anything to bitch and complain about. Where are the people who were claiming that the show was not selling? The venue was packed and if there were any tickets available yesterday a few hours before the show it's because, as others have already mentioned, they were released by Ticketmaster. I received a notification through the Ticketmaster app about last minute tickets being available yesterday afternoon. But when I clicked to look at the tickets, none were available anymore. I just don't understand "fans" who go through the trouble of signing up to a Madonna message board just to spew negativity at every opportunity. It's not a surprise that this show is getting such glowing reviews from the people and press who have actually attended, and I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that the usual Debbie downers are making their rounds, bitching about everything and anything.

Omg u can watch the whole show (I listened to it last night after) I sound soooooo gay omg I'm sorry yall I was really queening out

:dead:

Exactly! And "less dancing" in this case is like her in DWT.....she still danced her ass off......but it was less than GS and BA prior. You are so right......reason #947 she is the most amazing pop star ever is her ability to move with so much grace! I've always been impressed with that when it comes to her.

this "doesn't dance enough" thing is getting tired, i see it on twitter very often (not so much in here), people tend to think her first tour was Sticky and Sweet or MDNA and expect the same high-energy routines. DWT and Confessions have less dancing than this one and are still amazing. And don't even get me started with the "setlist" complain. Ok, enough LOL

Let me just start by saying that any negative judgment any one makes based solely on pictures and low quality videos are so WRONG! The show was absolutely amazing! I honestly think that of the 3 tours I've attended (S&S, MDNA, and now RH) this has been the most fun one yet. MDNA will always be special to me because I got to see her up close in the Golden Triangle and the show itself was mind-blowing, but I think RH is slightly better (to my taste).

I was in section 6, to the right of the tip of the heart, and I had an excellent view for most of the show. However, when she was at the main stage (which was ~40% of the time) it was a bit far, although that's may also be because I'm pretty short and always struggle to get a good view at concerts :sad: (I'm 5'2). I'm sure that the show is a blast no matter where one sits, and I have no complaints about the people that were around me during the show. Everyone around me was dancing and singing, which made the experience even more fun. I must say, the D.C. crowd >>> Houston crowds

The set list makes so much sense live, and I think that one of the biggest strengths of the tour is that her "oldies-but'goodies" are placed perfectly. The crowd ate up every one of her older hits and she seemed so freaking happy throughout the whole thing! The first section is the darkest, and although it was visually stunning (wow at the entire Holy Water sequence), I felt that all of the other sections were more engaging, probably because she was so interactive with the crowd, and the performances were all around very light-hearted. She was so hilarious and just plain cute!

I've read comments of people criticizing the ITG/Everybody/Lucky Star medley stating that it brings down the energy of the show, and it may be because it was performed by the heart so I had a great view of it, but I couldn't disagree more. Everyone was dancing and singing along, it was one of the highlights of the show!

I was also pleasantly surprised by Candy Shop, it just worked so well right after Music.

I don't know if this also happened at her Canada shows but after she sang La Vie en Rose, she asked one of her dancers for a light, at which point a lot of people around the arena pulled out their phones, pointing the flash lights at the stage. It was pretty cool and you can see it in this video I shot from last night (starts @1:21)

Oh and as a side note, I saw Heather chatting away with one of the venue's security guy's before the show. She had the cape that went along with the Dancing Queen outfit too! And if I remember correctly her seat was right in front of the heart so that probably made her more visible to whomever it is that choses the fan that goes up to dance with Madonna. Here's a pic I snapped of her before the show.dmPs2rJ.jpg?1

Overall, AMAZING show! I'm still reeling from it all. Everyone was raving about it afterwards too. I noticed that casual fans were particularly impressed. Going in I was slightly disappointed that she doesn't sing Inside Out, but that was quickly forgotten with how amazing the HC/LDLA, LAV, True Blue, and D&D performances were. I wish I could see her again :/

5tuzBwi.jpg

ftmZCGR.jpg

Thank you for this great review! Wish they could be as gifted and happy as you!

Thanks all! Can't wait for those of you who have yet to see the show to experience it!

Agree so much with everything you said! Holiday was the perfect closer and I loved seeing people in every section of the arena up and dancing to it. It definitely brought down the house, just as a closing song should!!

If there's one thing I've learned about Madonna fans is that they WILL find anything to bitch and complain about. Where are the people who were claiming that the show was not selling? The venue was packed and if there were any tickets available yesterday a few hours before the show it's because, as others have already mentioned, they were released by Ticketmaster. I received a notification through the Ticketmaster app about last minute tickets being available yesterday afternoon. But when I clicked to look at the tickets, none were available anymore. I just don't understand "fans" who go through the trouble of signing up to a Madonna message board just to spew negativity at every opportunity. It's not a surprise that this show is getting such glowing reviews from the people and press who have actually attended, and I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that the usual Debbie downers are making their rounds, bitching about everything and anything.

Thank u for the amazing review and pics Bon Bon!! So glad you enjoyed the show as well! To quote Madonna during her "flop" 1993 tour......"if this is a career slump then may it last forever"! I mean that in every sense that comment can be taken. That MadonnaTribe site needs to be decimated from the www. A good number of those people are clearly mentally ill......and I'm not even joking....lol.....seriously, to regularly visit the "fan site" of an artist you clearly lost interest and respect in nearly a DECADE ago at this point, all with the intent to outdo each other with what they truly believe are "witty and creative" disses/"constructive criticism" towards M is nothing short of completely fucking ridiculous. None of those types deserve to even go to her show in favor of real, appreciative fans that will bring positive energy to the show! I just find it all a bit creepy.....like, should they even be allowed in the same room as M?? Lol I mean for her safety...lol....I'm semi-joking but I know if I were her or Guy and took a look at the comments at that place, I certainly wouldn't feel very comfortable with "fans" like that taking up the front rows.

Thank u for the amazing review and pics Bon Bon!! So glad you enjoyed the show as well! To quote Madonna during her "flop" 1993 tour......"if this is a career slump then may it last forever"! I mean that in every sense that comment can be taken. That MadonnaTribe site needs to be decimated from the www. A good number of those people are clearly mentally ill......and I'm not even joking....lol.....seriously, to regularly visit the "fan site" of an artist you clearly lost interest and respect in nearly a DECADE ago at this point, all with the intent to outdo each other with what they truly believe are "witty and creative" disses/"constructive criticism" towards M is nothing short of completely fucking ridiculous. None of those types deserve to even go to her show in favor of real, appreciative fans that will bring positive energy to the show! I just find it all a bit creepy.....like, should they even be allowed in the same room as M?? Lol I mean for her safety...lol....I'm semi-joking but I know if I were her or Guy and took a look at the comments at that place, I certainly wouldn't feel very comfortable with "fans" like that taking up the front rows.

I wouldn't be surprised if they suffer from severe depression. Haven't looked into that site forum in years, full of horrible people. It grates Mr that they get front row seats, if only Guy knew about this forum and its vile members.

5tuzBwi.jpg

ftmZCGR.jpg

Love the review Bon Bon ! Great pics too !

Exactly. Why everyone should always be thankful for Hector and the moderators here for flushing the ones who try and creep in here and spread their hate and venom.

On a brighter note, how about the great reviews from the wonderful fans at this very forum. Wonderful to read such genuine excitement and detailed reviews. Such a great time for Madonna fans.