Madonna on Countdown special with Molly

Jazzy Jan

There is some great footage of Madonna with Molly Meldrum in this special. Go to the 24 minute mark and lovely scenes of her mucking around with Molly and also some rare footage of Madonna and Sean Penn leaving at the end of the interview.

https://youtu.be/HUvLOAf1CG4

Too cute!! :D

My god she is so adorable and NATURAL here! And HAPPY too! What a gorgeous young girl who would soon go on to take over the world!

Channel 7 is going to show a Television movie/mini-series about Molly's life story. They even have someone portraying Madonna ( see 1.18 ) She does a dreadful accent from the clip here. I have often heard that Madonna is the most difficult of all female stars to impersonate. Also not sure that anyone can capture Molly as he is one of a kind. Seems they are yet again, going for the full Australian Bogan accents and images that our shows love to portray. Still, should be interesting. So many series now being made with life stories of Aussies. First INXS, now Peter Allen's life story is showing and this Molly Meldrum series.

https://youtu.be/v42CdaavRPs

Love Molly! Looking forward to the tele-movie it looks like fun. The actress playing Madonna is Jacinta Stapleton, she was on Neighbours for a long time. Judging by the clip I think you are right about M being difficult to impersonate haha

Love Molly! Looking forward to the tele-movie it looks like fun. The actress playing Madonna is Jacinta Stapleton, she was on Neighbours for a long time. Judging by the clip I think you are right about M being difficult to impersonate haha

Thanks LaDita, I remember her being on Neighbours years back. Madonna would be very difficult to impersonate. I once saw an interview with an impersonator who commented that very few people even attempt to do Madonna. Mentioned that Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Cher, Tina Turner, Beyonce and others were easy but Madonna was near enough to impossible. Always found that interesting. I have not seen one person do it well.

There is some great footage of Madonna with Molly Meldrum in this special. Go to the 24 minute mark and lovely scenes of her mucking around with Molly and also some rare footage of Madonna and Sean Penn leaving at the end of the interview.

https://youtu.be/HUvLOAf1CG4

Adorable thank you :thumbsup:

Thanks LaDita, I remember her being on Neighbours years back. Madonna would be very difficult to impersonate. I once saw an interview with an impersonator who commented that very few people even attempt to do Madonna. Mentioned that Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Cher, Tina Turner, Beyonce and others were easy but Madonna was near enough to impossible. Always found that interesting. I have not seen one person do it well.

She just has that essence that is totally unique that no one else can copy. That's why we love her so much :inlove:

Countdown is a great show.. I've watched a lot of Molly's top 10 countdowns of the 80s, it's like a mix between the UK and US charts with a bit of Aussie stuff thrown in. Fabulous.

Yes, Countdown was a great show. Everyone used to watch it and wait for the top 10. I discovered Madonna through Countdown. Was watching it with my mother and her "Top of the Pops" performance of Holiday was shown. I still remember to this day, my mother saying to me " that girl is obviously a dancer, look at the effortless way she moves her body" :laugh:

It also is true what they say in this special. Madonna became a chart powerhouse and mainstream star in Australia before any other country, due to the exposure of Countdown and Molly's love for her. People loved the performance of Holiday and the song and it become a chart success. Followed then by Burning up. I will always be thankful to Molly and Countdown for introducing Madonna to the mainstream public in Australia and watching people respond to her so well so quickly.

I liked Jacinta Stapleton on neighbours and she was excellent in that otherwise stupid Chapelle Corby movie, but surely there should be a law that nobody should ever play madonna. Just no point ever trying.

As a side note, the molly movie includes a recreation of a scene were he returned to public after his fall - they filmed this at Kylies concert last year so I might be in it.