Montreal 9/10 Bell Center: 2nd NIGHT - fan reviews

Guest ditaluver

Actually I don't see too many complaints here, unless ULIZOS was referring to a specific thread...

From what I've read here, it seems most of us fans are very happy about the tour and the direction she's going with it. Lots of raving reviews being posted and positive articles too. But obviously if there are a few small things bugging some fans then it should be fine if they speak out on them. Especially things like the lack of choreo or the seemingly scaled down production, those are things most of us I guess weren't expecting so it's normal people here bring up these things. It doesn't automatically mean those people dislike the show, not at all.

Plus there's a huge difference between posting sth along the lines of "I don't like this particular part, she could have done this better" or "The show sucks, I don't understand her". We definitely don't need anyone here who does the latter, but I don't see the problem with a bit of reasoned criticism. We still love M anyway, all of us here (at least I hope so).

I love M but i still feel i should be able to say: you know what, this shows not for me but im not gonna make it sound bad to anyone else. And i think in general we all need to have more of our own mind when it comes to things like negativity. Youre always gonna hear it of everything but its up to you what you make of it. Please dont kill me

The Who's That Girl performance is beyond words. The crowd reaction: so immediate, so warm, so incredibly excited.

Singing that song like she does with her guitar just shows how SOLID it is. That timeless melody. What a fucking BRILLIANT songwriter.

Delivering these hits is only going to satisfy and make people more interested in her new album. Perfect balance.

And I'll take the euphoric, abandoned, free style dancing that she does during Like A Virgin over sleek choreography. Woman owns the stage, by herself with no props.

What a dynamic artist of stage and song. The world will never see her kind again.

THIS! :clap:

I've been kind of avoiding the forums since the tour kicked off because I don't have the time to sit down and actually enjoy the videos and pictures and all that jazz while at work, especially since youtube is blocked and most photosharing website. I want to save it all for the weekend.

Anyway, 2 days in and all I can find are a bunch of complaints.

I saw her sing La Vie en Rose. I had never, ever seen her so happy, so relaxed, so full of life and sound so incredible.

I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. I'm gonna step away from the thread for a bit so I don't let that impressionable side of me ruin this experience for me, too.

What? :confused:

Are you referring to specific thread somewhere? Maybe I'm still high from that incredible live periscope of opening night and the epic thread we had going for it, but it seems like the reaction here has been overwhelmingly positive.

Nothing can make everyone happy, and there's no reason to expect that -- but it seems like the reaction to this tour on this forum seems like it's running 10 or 20 to 1 -- just hugely in favor. Maybe I'm just so excited that I have GIGANTIC blinders on, but it seems like people here are hugely excited.

I'm this close to declaring it her best tour since DWT.

:wow::wow::wow:

ad all the moves while they were doing those stuffs.....and the crossings....and the synchro....(how many dancers have been changed during reharsal just because they splashed among them or on the floor?? :think: )

THis is soo scary. I hope it happens no acccident with the dancers and the crowd. But its a damn fucking cool attraction ! Loved it very much

I've been kind of avoiding the forums since the tour kicked off because I don't have the time to sit down and actually enjoy the videos and pictures and all that jazz while at work, especially since youtube is blocked and most photosharing website. I want to save it all for the weekend.

Anyway, 2 days in and all I can find are a bunch of complaints.

I saw her sing La Vie en Rose. I had never, ever seen her so happy, so relaxed, so full of life and sound so incredible.

I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. I'm gonna step away from the thread for a bit so I don't let that impressionable side of me ruin this experience for me, too.

Don't worry about those sloppy teacups. The worst ones will eventually get sent packing back to theothersnore and mtripe!

Can we please talk about ICONIC backdrop. I can't stop wathing this, That part where Madonna leading army, Oh God, so fucking awesome. I never seen anythig epic like this. I need this video in HD, i hope someone from M people share this video with fans or upload it in Youtube\VEVO.

17GwEFa.jpg

I agree that there is a lot of negativity here as of late. The show is pretty phenomenal and people are focused on a hairdo that they do not care for, a catalog omission, missing a choreography step or the persistent bashing of previous work as commentary on the new tour. Can't we just reflect for even a moment that we have a nearly 35 year relationship with M-. This work is far superior to any artist with that longevity. I too was baffled that M- chose La Vie en Rose over a piece from her massive back catalog but her performance was so touching. She has such a healthy balance of music, showmanship and controversy this time around. I rather enjoy her "singing" at a concert even at the sacrifice of the heavier dance routines. Rebel Heart has been a great era both in artistry and substance. Let's give M- a little credit here.

It seems she sounds better than ever, and is having more fun...I like her big dance numbers, but from what I've seen, this is one of my favorite tours. I'll reserve final judgment until I see her in NY next week. I didn't expect to enjoy LAV and Holy Water that much. I can not wait! I enjoy her more stripped down shows versus big productions. I loved the MDNA tour visually, but I much prefer focus on the music. True Blue, WTG and La Vie En Rose are amazing!

As for negativity...it's everywhere on the internet regarding everything and anyone. Fuck them.

Can we please talk about ICONIC backdrop. I can't stop wathing this, That part where Madonna leading army, Oh God, so fucking awesome. I never seen anythig epic like this. I need this video in HD, i hope someone from M people share this video with fans or upload it in Youtube\VEVO.

17GwEFa.jpg

Best ever.

So much to love about this tour. Gorgeous heart-felt vocals, fantastic connection to the audience, hits songs and new songs perfectly balanced, wonderful routines and rapport with her dancers and her great sense of humour and cheeky fun side on display. This is captured on videos from the crowd so will be incredible live as so many here have reported.