Montreal 9/10 Bell Center: 2nd NIGHT - fan reviews

Guest ditaluver

I loved it on periscope. Her vocals are at her best and that's from videos. I know when I see the tour live it will blow me away. I'm so happy that this tour is getting very good reviews and she seems genuinely happy and relaxed and having fun.

She has said before that this tour will be small in scope and more intimate and obviously it connected with the crowd and critics.

I LOVE this. Her humor is back.

No wonder folks are having a bit a time getting used to the tone of this show compared to last time...she's SO playful. And her rapport with with the dancers too this time... feels like TGS.

And that "bye bitches" at the end. Making you think that's the end of her show.... :lmao:

(And I love that fem choreography in contrast to all the guys in tuxedos).

Posted on tribe

Just got out my second show. 4th row floor from main stage along the runway. Enjoyed it way more tonight than last night. My general preference is for the darker Madonna tours but if you're in the right mindset it's a fun show. My recommendation is ro be as close to the stage as possible!!

hugo020 wrote:

Back from the concert. Basically the same as yesterday but she seemed more relax. She still enjoyed herself. If you look at section 2, Dont tell me would fit perfectly.

She touched my hand yesterday and gave me a big smile today. Also met Tony and told him the costume were great. He was super nice and said Thank you.

I'm not really fussed about the not as much dancing thing but she seems to be moving very slow compared to normal. Not as sharp.

Is it usually the case in earlier shows? Does she like to get used to the show more? Maybe she's just tired from rehearsals and show prepping.

I don't really think it's an age thing, I mean the woman works out like 2 hours a day!

It can't be an age thing since the woman works out and has more energy than most 20 somethings. I do not know anybody in real life like that. I believe she's just focusing more on the vocals this time around?

I'm not really fussed about the not as much dancing thing but she seems to be moving very slow compared to normal. Not as sharp.

Is it usually the case in earlier shows? Does she like to get used to the show more? Maybe she's just tired from rehearsals and show prepping.

I don't really think it's an age thing, I mean the woman works out like 2 hours a day!

Exactly.

And the realest stans are always the harshest most honest critic so when some people point out this stuff dont take it the wrong way.

The dancing thing has already been discussed to death...in the end, nobody knows. There are many many aspects one could consider. Focusing on vocals, saving energy for the later shows (so we don't get a repeat of MDNA South America), or just not feeling like it after doing 2 dance-intensive world tours. Could be anything. It's possible she still needs to warm up to the show, that's not untypical of her. I remember she was pretty stiff at the opening of MDNA but got more relaxed and smooth as she toured through Europe. Even back with BAT it was a similar situation, compare Yokohama to Nice...

I don't think it's her age either. She nailed it just 6 months ago at the Grammys and especially the Brits (after a painful fall, mind you). So yeah, there must be something else. Judginh by her recent Instagram posts, the rehearsals seemed to exhaust her quite a bit too, could be another reason too (although, if that is the case, I don't understand why M was wasting her energy for rehearsals when she needs it for the actual shows).

The dancing thing has already been discussed to death...in the end, nobody knows. There are many many aspects one could consider. Focusing on vocals, saving energy for the later shows (so we don't get a repeat of MDNA South America), or just not feeling like it after doing 2 dance-intensive world tours. Could be anything. It's possible she still needs to warm up to the show, that's not untypical of her. I remember she was pretty stiff at the opening of MDNA but got more relaxed and smooth as she toured through Europe. Even back with BAT it was a similar situation, compare Yokohama to Nice...

I don't think it's her age either. She nailed it just 6 months ago at the Grammys and especially the Brits (after a painful fall, mind you). So yeah, there must be something else. Judginh by her recent Instagram posts, the rehearsals seemed to exhaust her quite a bit too, could be another reason too (although, if that is the case, I don't understand why M was wasting her energy for rehearsals when she needs it for the actual shows).

I would agree but it's also normal for fans to comment on such a drastic drop off of her personal choreography. The show looks stellar and she's having the time of her life from the looks of it. She has the energy in her, she's just chosen to channel it into her vocals, I guess. I don't think we should hold out hope for extended, tight choreo from her this time. That's what the 20 year old dancers she hired are there for.

Why are you surprised? Rebel Heart is not a dance album, you could see it coming.

And it's great to have another type of Madonna show ;)

:wow::wow::wow:

ad all the moves while they were doing those stuffs.....and the crossings....and the synchro....(how many dancers have been changed during reharsal just because they splashed among them or on the floor?? :think: )

I've noticed her big fans and younger fans love holy water & vogue but i don't like it.. i mean, i don't hate it, but i think we have very different kinds of fans. those who like MDNA and those who like RIT, to put it in a simple way.

and there are a lot of performances that you can practice. bitch im madonna, LFL, deeper & deeper, ..

i think from watching the teasers a lot of fans expected mdna part 2. i just miss the drums. that would've been great. but im not actually into gimmicks like dancing nuns.. while other fans love that.

I'd be curious to hear how you "big fans and younger fans" agree on stuff. I tend to think of "big fans" as the people who've been around for a while, the ones with collections who shell big money for floor seats -- and most young fans aren't that.

I've been kind of avoiding the forums since the tour kicked off because I don't have the time to sit down and actually enjoy the videos and pictures and all that jazz while at work, especially since youtube is blocked and most photosharing website. I want to save it all for the weekend.

Anyway, 2 days in and all I can find are a bunch of complaints.

I saw her sing La Vie en Rose. I had never, ever seen her so happy, so relaxed, so full of life and sound so incredible.

I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. I'm gonna step away from the thread for a bit so I don't let that impressionable side of me ruin this experience for me, too.

I just seem to love The show even more! :) But I just cant understand ppl with complaining about less dancing and even more are those ridicilous claims that tickets are not selling so she had to scale back?! You clearly don't know her! She would rather pay from her own pocket than cut back anything! And she's doing plenty choreo, much more than DWT or even RIT. Its a different show. Now we gave fabulous choreo and brilliant vocals and most of ALL M enjoying herself. The production is to botch too!

Fabulous show!

I've been kind of avoiding the forums since the tour kicked off because I don't have the time to sit down and actually enjoy the videos and pictures and all that jazz while at work, especially since youtube is blocked and most photosharing website. I want to save it all for the weekend.

I saw her sing La Vie en Rose. I had never, ever seen her so happy, so relaxed, so full of life and sound so incredible.

I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. I'm gonna step away from the thread for a bit so I don't let that impressionable side of me ruin this experience for me, too.

That's exactly how I feel, babe.

Being so excited from what I saw and then read all the debbie downers around here.

Oh and now Im in love with Body Shop (except that autotune on verses). It makes so much sence there thematically and The performance is great; backdrop, choreo, probs ALL. I first thoughed maybe Hold Thight or Inside out would be better byt BS just makes more sence in thematical sence. :)

so true. me too. I just want enjoy everything !

The Who's That Girl performance is beyond words. The crowd reaction: so immediate, so warm, so incredibly excited.

Singing that song like she does with her guitar just shows how SOLID it is. That timeless melody. What a fucking BRILLIANT songwriter.

Delivering these hits is only going to satisfy and make people more interested in her new album. Perfect balance.

And I'll take the euphoric, abandoned, free style dancing that she does during Like A Virgin over sleek choreography. Woman owns the stage, by herself with no props.

What a dynamic artist of stage and song. The world will never see her kind again.

If she dances and lipsyncs, she gets dumped on.

If she stands there and sings live, she gets dumped on.

People are so weird.

Id rather hear her sing.

She has a beautiful, strong voice in this show.

And for having seen it, I can tell you she dances in almost every number,

She also knows she is on the road for the next 6-7 months.

I think she is pacing herself and being careful not to repeat MDNA and completely wear herself out.

She's completely adorable on this tour.

And the show is about love and romance and hope.

Itll make you believe in love again.

If she dances and lipsyncs, she gets dumped on.

If she stands there and sings live, she gets dumped on.

People are so weird.

Id rather hear her sing.

She has a beautiful, strong voice in this show.

And for having seen it, I can tell you she dances in almost every number,

She also knows she is on the road for the next 6-7 months.

I think she is pacing herself and being careful not to repeat MDNA and completely wear herself out.

She's completely adorable on this tour.

And the show is about love and romance and hope.

Itll make you believe in love again.

Indeed! :)