Things you do 'cause of Madonna

Guest Medoner

Oh what a cool thread! Well for me many of The allready mentioned, like avoid sun, exercise, a type of fake British accent, use of "big words" like juxtaposition, I concentrate on self improvement, dont waste time on hate and regret etc. Sooo manythings.

I still listen to DSS soundtrack, like the actual soundtrack when she walks out of the bus, comes out of the pool. nice music still. by association..

I will divide this in two

Things I already did (i.e., how I am like Madonna) and Things that inspired me

Things I already did

1. Exercise. I have been doing it since I was 12. When I was 14 it turned into anorexia. I still work out but for the last few years I have focused on building muscle and toning. I wore a mini skirt for the first time in ten years and I felt amazing.

2. Interest in astrology and art. When I found out that she was into this, I squeeeeeeed.

3. Staying out of the sun. I have been doing it for years. Seeing her inspires me even more.

Things that I do now because of M

1. Putting my foot down when it comes to asshole behavior. I have been doing that lately and it feels liberating and at the same time, I feel like I am being punished. I hate confrontation and I am more likely to just go with it but I am getting very fed up with tolerating rude behavior. I don't have the cunty wit that she has but I am getting better at saying 'That's enough'.

2. Being honest with myself and not to ignore my more creative aspirations. Life is very complicated for me right now. I know I would like to pursue some creative outlets. I know I will at some point. I am in no position to spend money just now. Yet at the same time, I think 'You are wasting your time'. I will do it within the next two to three years. Her lyrics in 'The beat goes on' and Jump' have been resonating with me a lot lately at the gym. LOL!

I will divide this in two

Things I already did (i.e., how I am like Madonna) and Things that inspired me

Things I already did

1. Exercise. I have been doing it since I was 12. When I was 14 it turned into anorexia. I still work out but for the last few years I have focused on building muscle and toning. I wore a mini skirt for the first time in ten years and I felt amazing.

2. Interest in astrology and art. When I found out that she was into this, I squeeeeeeed.

3. Staying out of the sun. I have been doing it for years. Seeing her inspires me even more.

Things that I do now because of M

1. Putting my foot down when it comes to asshole behavior. I have been doing that lately and it feels liberating and at the same time, I feel like I am being punished. I hate confrontation and I am more likely to just go with it but I am getting very fed up with tolerating rude behavior. I don't have the cunty wit that she has but I am getting better at saying 'That's enough'.

2. Being honest with myself and not to ignore my more creative aspirations. Life is very complicated for me right now. I know I would like to pursue some creative outlets. I know I will at some point. I am in no position to spend money just now. Yet at the same time, I think 'You are wasting your time'. I will do it within the next two to three years. Her lyrics in 'The beat goes on' and Jump' have been resonating with me a lot lately at the gym. LOL!

the lyrics of the beat goes on really speaks to me when im feeling uninspired or lazy. like she's literally telling her fans to take some action. very motivating song

I made my poor father buy the Sex book for me when I was 14 for Christmas, under the conditions that I was NOT allowed to open it till it was 18. I can only imagine the shame that poor man felt when he stood at the counter in the bookstore with his teenage son standing next to him, asking for that book.

I opened it about a year later.