Rebel Heart Tour: Live from Montreal! Updates in real time (part 3)

Camacho

Oh my..actually quite disappointed in her 'performance' of the two songs that are in my upper tier of all time fav. M songs being sung acoustically w/ her just sitting there (True Blue and WTG) :?? Looked like an old episode of MTV Unplugged lol. The fact she removed them from her blacklist after 25+ years and knows they're songs fans were dying to here, how/why didn't she come up w/ semi something better. At least 'some' kind of actual performance that kinda sorta featured their original beats or at least an uptempo backing track. Almost like she said/thought you want these damn songs, you're getting them half assed. lol I have my head gear on so am ready for the stoning for stating my opinion that I didn't care at all for her take on those classics. :(

i wasn't there but even the fan videos touched me with these two performances. Loved the intimacy with the crowd. I'm more than ready for MSG show.

I think she didn't dance as much as she did in MDNA Tour (for instance) cause she's more into delivering the best vocal performance. I was really impressed by her voice. Still, she moved more than any other bitch out there.

This

Oh my..actually quite disappointed in her 'performance' of the two songs that are in my upper tier of all time fav. M songs being sung acoustically w/ her just sitting there (True Blue and WTG) :?? Looked like an old episode of MTV Unplugged lol. The fact she removed them from her blacklist after 25+ years and knows they're songs fans were dying to here, how/why didn't she come up w/ semi something better. At least 'some' kind of actual performance that kinda sorta featured their original beats or at least an uptempo backing track. Almost like she said/thought you want these damn songs, you're getting them half assed. lol I have my head gear on so am ready for the stoning for stating my opinion that I didn't care at all for her take on those classics. :(

I don't mind stripped down but will agree that I wish one of the two had been done with some backing (and somewhat close to the original). Although I now want to try "Who's That Girl" on my acoustic guitar after hearing it this way, haha

I also think we need to keep in mind this has only been the first show. I feel like M is the kind of performer who warms up with the show down the road. We can see it all the way back to the BAT Yokohama footage. She doesn't really go out dancing full force on the first night already.

"True Blue" and "Who's that Girl" were flawless, I think -- clear proof that less is often more.

They're just so powerful when stripped down, with the audience singing along -- I couldn't have asked for anything more. They're just perfect.

Also, was anyone else SHOCKED at the audience response to "WTG?"

Watch that clip -- she strums a bit of her guitar, sings the opening line and instantly the whole audience in crooning "whoooo's that giiirl?"

"WTG" is such a forgotten hit on Madonna's catalogue -- a friend once referred to it as "not 'La Isla Bonita,' but that other song where she sings Spanish" -- that I didn't think there'd be such an instant, powerful reaction from the audience. I was (and still am) just wowed by it.

I kind of feel like she got the second number and the second to last number in the wrong order. Unapologetic Bitch feels like is should be the second track, and then Bitch Im Madonna feels like it should be the penultimate track. Even the choreography feels better suited the alternate way round!

"True Blue" and "Who's that Girl" were flawless, I think -- clear proof that less is often more.

They're just so powerful when stripped down, with the audience singing along -- I couldn't have asked for anything more. They're just perfect.

Also, was anyone else SHOCKED at the audience response to "WTG?"

Watch that clip -- she strums a bit of her guitar, sings the opening line and instantly the whole audience in crooning "whoooo's that giiirl?"

"WTG" is such a forgotten hit on Madonna's catalogue -- a friend once referred to it as "not 'La Isla Bonita,' but that other song where she sings Spanish" -- that I didn't think there'd be such an instant, powerful reaction from the audience. I was (and still am) just wowed by it.

I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES WATCHING THIS....THE AUDIENCE SINGING IS EVERYTHING!

Would you rather she continued to ignore them?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drama::drama:

WOW ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I think True Blue was lovely and a REAL singalong moment. WTG is slightly too slow for my taste. If is HAS to be acoustic, it would be nice with a bit of oomph, or even just a brilliant uptempo version like Like a Virgin which is just wonderful (and NOT cheesy for those that think those songs can't be reinvented without rock or acoustic tampering)

While the whole thing is definitely scaled back (those screens are so tiny and cute), it all suits the carefree and happy vibe, and it's great to see her so talkative. It's like she brought the soundcheck vibe from MDNA into the concerts this time, which is welcome. Can't wait to actually witness it live and see all the little things one misses on the screen.

WTG is the one I was dying to hear and see perform and was quite surprised at how good WTG went. I adore it and the audience was pretty much into it.

Do you guys think that maybe The SEX interlude is not actually complete yet? That there might be a delay in editing or something... Cause it seems to be missing The additional footage like mentioned in The tourbook and also no sign of The school teacher M look that was on her IG.... It would be are great addition.

Do you guys think that maybe The SEX interlude is not actually complete yet? That there might be a delay in editing or something... Cause it seems to be missing The additional footage like mentioned in The tourbook and also no sign of The school teacher M look that was on her IG.... It would be are great addition.

Definitely possible. Didn't the tour book mention Tom Munro?

This is what I was thinking